Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 10:24 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
“The train is set up to be with your friends, to drink wine and have a good time,” Johnson said. “We were thinking, ‘Who are we offending?’”

A black women's book club was kicked out of the bar car and off the Napa Valley Wine Train for being too boisterous. A white woman (photo on Facebook) complained. The woman told the group “this isn’t a bar.” “And we thought, um, yes it is.”

The wine train initially made a Facebook post blaming the group but soon took it down and said that they are investigating further.

"Following verbal and physical abuse toward other guests and staff, it was necessary to get our police involved,” the since-deleted post reads in part, which Johnson captured in a screen grab and re-posted to Facebook. “Many groups come on board and celebrate. When those celebrations impact our other guests, we do intervene."

Black women ‘humiliated’ after getting kicked off Napa Valley Wine Train

https://www.facebook.com/lisa.r.johnson?fref=photo

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Without being there I know exactly how it went down. They were loud, they were asked to keep it down. Miffed, because after all they're "independent professional black women" they got even louder until finally they were asked to leave.

There is a certain group of people who simply have little respect or common courtesy towards others. At the pool in the apt complex I live in there was a group of 4 black women that was unsually loud. They were actually screaming, even the kids weren't that loud. I noticed a couple people leaving in disgust.

Yet when someone confronts them they get mad and cry the race card. What's trifling is these companies apologizing to them and throwing their workers under the bus.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:30 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times
Quote:
Napa Valley Wine Train: Was a book club kicked off of this wine tour because they were black?

While the latest case of Yelp vigilantism might be driving down the company’s reviews, there’s actually more to potentially learn by excavating the site’s older reviews, some of which point to how the company has responded to similar incidents in the past.

A 2010 post complained of a group of six people “yelling loudly over each other in Italian,” who were apparently not kicked off the train.
A 2011 post complained that the “loud party sitting near us began getting sick” and said the complaining couple were reseated.
A 2011 post describes “two loud drunk couples whom multiple people asked the maitre'd politely to move and she asked them but they said they were ok. There were lots of complaints and the couples were talking loudly and inappropriately.” The group was not removed from the train, and they weren’t even moved to the empty dining car.
A 2012 post complained that “older ladies” on the train were loud and one was flashing people, and they were apparently not removed.
These are quite telling. Considering that this sort of behavior has been tolerated by this company in the past for non-black people, I actually do feel that there may have been a racial element to these women being kicked off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
I used to work in a hotel doing the night audit. We had a very popular bar/club in the hotel lobby. They had a promotion that the "bride" in any bachelorette party could drink free. (The reason being: those loud ***** bring 15 of their friends with him who suck down swill like sows).

I've seen more trashed foul-mouthed "nice" white girls getting kicked out of that bar in one weekend than you can shake a fake tiara at. Essentially assaulting the staff, screaming and crying, yelling some of the most vile stuff at the bouncers. The club finally changed its policy, quit playing house music and changed to a more low key travelling business person joint. Not as fun, not as messy, not as much screaming white chicks (wwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! !!!) they're so loud.

Get over yourselves ladies. The most hated group of all for waitstaff, comedians, concert-goers is the inebriated bachelorette/wedding party.

Has nothing to do with your blackness.
This group was a book club, not a bachelorette party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatDJohns View Post
According to most passengers on the train, theses group of ladies were not over the top at all. They actually showed pictures with the other passengers were they were taking selfies and it looked like everyone was smiling. I hate when people jump to the race card, but I saw this on my local news last night and I have to admit, it does sound like racism played a pretty big factor in the way these women were treated.

Plus the train company employees lying about how these women behaved on Facebook, it really sounds quite fishy to me.
Quoted this for effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
They voted over 63% for Obama in the 2012 Presidental election, its a Democratic county so clearly, its not racist.

Maybe there was a GOP convention there at the same time, that could explain all that "racism".
So you think Democrats automatically can't be racist.....

Are Republicans always racist in your view? Odd statement there but maybe you were being sarcastic.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:36 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,585,453 times
Another SJW project. The fact is that they were loud and ignored serveral requests to keep it down. A business has a right to ask people to leave if they are not following the rules.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:37 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Without being there I know exactly how it went down. They were loud, they were asked to keep it down. Miffed, because after all they're "independent professional black women" they got even louder until finally they were asked to leave.

There is a certain group of people who simply have little respect or common courtesy towards others. At the pool in the apt complex I live in there was a group of 4 black women that was unsually loud. They were actually screaming, even the kids weren't that loud. I noticed a couple people leaving in disgust.

Yet when someone confronts them they get mad and cry the race card. What's trifling is these companies apologizing to them and throwing their workers under the bus.
Did you read the OP article.

These were not young women and nothing described seems like anything over the top in regards to their behavior, especially if taken into consideration the Yelp reviews of this company which have quite a few customers complain about loud non-black people who were not asked to leave.

The OP article even said there was an 83 year old woman as a part of their group and that other passengers on the train were taking selfies with the ladies and asking about the romance novel they were discussing as a part of their book club.

How you can relate them to the loud women at your pool is kind of odd IMO.

Old 08-25-2015, 10:44 AM

50,251 posts, read 47,011,154 times
11 people drinking and partying.

“The Napa Valley Wine Train does not enjoy removing guests from our trains, but takes these things very seriously in order to ensure the enjoyment and safety of all of our guests,” Devitt said, adding that about once a month guests need to be removed from the train.

So, they are no different than the other "once a monthers", they just got butt hurt about it and pulled the race card. Pathetic.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:51 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,412,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Did you read the OP article.

These were not young women and nothing described seems like anything over the top in regards to their behavior, especially if taken into consideration the Yelp reviews of this company which have quite a few customers complain about loud non-black people who were not asked to leave.

The OP article even said there was an 83 year old woman as a part of their group and that other passengers on the train were taking selfies with the ladies and asking about the romance novel they were discussing as a part of their book club.

How you can relate them to the loud women at your pool is kind of odd IMO.
I didn't read it. Again I know what happened. Their age means very little and to me makes it even more likely that they were loud and refused to pipe down.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:48 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I didn't read it. Again I know what happened. Their age means very little and to me makes it even more likely that they were loud and refused to pipe down.
If you didn't read it, then you don't know what happened.

Old 08-25-2015, 01:06 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Does this train kick off other people who are not black under similar circumstances?

If not, then there may be a racial angle.

If so, then there probably is not a racial angle.

But what's a good race bait without the opportunity to make clever hashtags? #blacklaughtermatters

Old 08-25-2015, 01:09 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,275,882 times
Quote:
[spokesperson] Singer said the post was written by a junior staff member and was deleted because it was wrong — the women were not abusive. Tony Giaccio, the company’s chief executive, reached Ms. Johnson by telephone on Monday and apologized for her experience.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/25/us...lash.html?_r=0
Of course he did. Companies always lick the customer ******* these days, and rarely defend the actions of their employees.

Old 08-25-2015, 03:49 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,064,662 times
The group of women admitted to receiving at least 3 separate requests to tone it down and were told that if they didn't comply, they would have to get off at the next stop. This is the point where one might suspect they were playing the exemption card -- the card that says they are exempt from complying because they are black. Or is that called the black privilege card?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies