Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 07:24 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,241 times

Advertisements

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...rried-interest

Quote:
... Trump said in an interview with Time, in apparent reference to hedge fund and private equity fund managers. “The tax law is totally screwed up.” "They're paying nothing and it's ridiculous," he added on CBS a few days later. “The hedge fund guys didn't build this country. These are guys that shift paper around and they get lucky." He went on: “They’re energetic, they’re very smart. But a lot of them, it’s like they’re paper pushers. They make a fortune, they pay no tax...The hedge funds guys are getting away with murder.”
How about a Sanders/ Trump Independent ticket?

What would the results of that election be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 07:32 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
I've never particularly liked Trump, always thought he was little more than a superficial blowhard, nothing to do with politics but, I'd consider voting for him as an (I) as I believe the best thing that could happen for this country would be both major parties getting smacked down.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:33 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
As a conservative......I have long thought and said that the Republican Party really is being the "party of stupid" these days (and years). There are quite a few populist themes that the GOP could embrace and not lose any support. In fact, I'm positive that it would in fact GAIN supporters if it would add a few planks to its platform.

I absolutely abhor liberal demagoguery. But one thing is for sure, they will win every single time on dinner table issues. American's are hurting right now. It would be a huge boost to the GOP if they'd take up themes that the middle class can actually relate to. The current GOP leadership is failing big time in that regard, and that's why Trump is winning with his message.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
As a conservative......I have long thought and said that the Republican Party really is being the "party of stupid" these days (and years). There are quite a few populist themes that the GOP could embrace and not lose any support. In fact, I'm positive that it would in fact GAIN supporters if it would add a few planks to its platform.

I absolutely abhor liberal demagoguery. But one thing is for sure, they will win every single time on dinner table issues. American's are hurting right now. It would be a huge boost to the GOP if they'd take up themes that the middle class can actually relate to. The current GOP leadership is failing big time in that regard, and that's why Trump is winning with his message.
thank you, and I agree.

The ironic part is the democrats are as cozy with Wall st as the GOP nowadays.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:35 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,112,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I've never particularly liked Trump, always thought he was little more than a superficial blowhard, nothing to do with politics but, I'd consider voting for him as an (I) as I believe the best thing that could happen for this country would be both major parties getting smacked down.
I agree with you burdell. Just this past weekend, I had a family member say that he thought Trump as President would be an embarrassment to America. Although I have not made up my mind yet, I believe Trump is exactly what American politics needs at this juncture in our history. I absolutely LOVE that he has taken these totally predictable cardboard politicians and completely destroyed their ability to speak on the issues. Their talking points have been decimated, and I absolutely love it.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I agree with you burdell. Just this past weekend, I had a family member say that he thought Trump as President would be an embarrassment to America. Although I have not made up my mind yet, I believe Trump is exactly what American politics needs at this juncture in our history. I absolutely LOVE that he has taken these totally predictable cardboard politicians and completely destroyed their ability to speak on the issues. Their talking points have been decimated, and I absolutely love it.
you should have said an embarrassment compared to what?

Look at the adminstrations who have been in the Whitehouse the last 15 years....

Trump will get ****e done and will be loved by the people-one exception of course is the latino community.
He needs to get some of the latino population on his side to have a shot. When he reveals his detailed plan/platform something in there must address how he will address the issues in the latino population.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:55 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
The puppet masters wanted Jeb Bush or Hillary, although Hillary is more trouble than she's worth to them. With both of those two as popular as foot fungus, and their other stooge sell out Chris Christy also unelectable, that means they'll have to look at letting somebody else win and then blackmail and coerce them into doing as bidden. You can't fake an election if it isn't reasonably close. There's always a chance the outsider might not want to play ball. We can pray. We've had nothing but rubber stamps the last 20 plus years.
Joe Biden running means they'll throw the election to the GOP. But I think by 2016 we'll have bigger problems to worry about than some hokey presidential election.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The puppet masters wanted Jeb Bush or Hillary, although Hillary is more trouble than she's worth to them. With both of those two as popular as foot fungus, and their other stooge sell out Chris Christy also unelectable, that means they'll have to look at letting somebody else win and then blackmail and coerce them into doing as bidden. You can't fake an election if it isn't reasonably close. There's always a chance the outsider might not want to play ball. We can pray. We've had nothing but rubber stamps the last 20 plus years.
Joe Biden running means they'll throw the election to the GOP. But I think by 2016 we'll have bigger problems to worry about than some hokey presidential election.
Trump will not cave to them if elected. He will get thrown out before caving to anyone.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:38 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
thank you, and I agree.

The ironic part is the democrats are as cozy with Wall st as the GOP nowadays.
Wall Street is non- partisan. They back both parties.

The big $ are in the superpacs. No telling who or the country donates.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:44 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,733,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...rried-interest

How about a Sanders/ Trump Independent ticket?

What would the results of that election be?
I can't see either being able to work with each other. Of course, that wouldn't be anything new.

I can see Sanders manipulating Trump however - thin-skinned egotists are pretty easy to maneuver if you're willing to invest the effort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies