Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 07:06 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times

Advertisements

I guess the father of a child who drowned has not read the newspaper, and does not know that his family's lies have been exposed. At no time did he apply for Canadian refugee status,

"The father of a three-year-old Syrian boy whose body washed up on a Turkish beach has told a German newspaper that he blames Canadian authorities for the tragedy that also killed his wife and another son.

Abdullah Kurdi told Die Welt that he does not understand why Canada rejected his application for asylum, although Citizenship and Immigration Canada received no such application from the man.

"I wanted to move (to Canada) with my family and with my brother who is currently in Germany," Kurdi told Die Welt in a telephone interview. "But they denied us permission and I don't know why."

CBC News - Latest Canada, World, Entertainment and Business News

"Citizenship and Immigration Canada says it received no refugee application from the father of two drowned Syrian boys who have put a devastating human face to the Syrian refugee crisis.

It did, however, receive an application for Abdullah Kurdi’s brother, Mohammed, but said it was incomplete and did not meet regulatory requirements for proof of refugee status recognition. ...

Tima Kurdi, told a news conference that the family hadn’t made an official request for that family. The federal government confirmed that.

Tima Kurdi has another brother – not the father of the dead boy, his older brother and their mother – and says they put in a request to sponsor that brother."

Government says it never got refugee application from family of drowned Syrian boys | Ottawa Citizen

Old 09-11-2015, 07:28 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
Was the father of the drowned Syrian child a 'people smuggler'?

No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au

Old 09-11-2015, 07:31 AM

2,526 posts, read 1,595,593 times
I doubt that he would have had his young children along if that were the case …

Old 09-11-2015, 04:04 PM

828 posts, read 908,714 times
Big whoop, OP. He is not on the news for being a saint, he is on the news because he has become a symbol of the chaos and dehumanization of a people. Personally, I could give two turds if he is a liar or a cheat or a Taylor Swift fanatic. It does not take away from the travesty that is this war and the effect it is having on multiple continents and millions of people. That is what (normal) people care about.

Old 09-11-2015, 04:07 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,019,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
Big whoop, OP. He is not on the news for being a saint, he is on the news because he has become a symbol of the chaos and dehumanization of a people. Personally, I could give two turds if he is a liar or a cheat or a Taylor Swift fanatic. It does not take away from the travesty that is this war and the effect it is having on multiple continents and millions of people. That is what (normal) people care about.
So who cares if the face of the movement is a lier about his whole experience?

Old 09-11-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
So who cares if the face of the movement is a lier about his whole experience?
I sure care. The man's family initially stated that the father of the drowned 3 year old had applied for, and was denied, refugee papers to enter Canada. Within days, the Canadian government proved that was untrue, and the family admitted that it was another family member who had neglected to properly complete the papers and the application was declined. That's what happens when the paperwork is incomplete.

That this same man has now gone to the German media to publicly blame "Canadian authorities for the tragedy" is disgusting. He knows that Canada has nothing to do with this.

Drowned Syrian boy's father says he blames Canada for tragedy | CTV News

Old 09-11-2015, 06:51 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
The children that died had been living in Turkey for 3 years. The parents decided to chance it to Europe for a better life and killed their children in the process. They were economic migrants, not refugees.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
The children that died had been living in Turkey for 3 years. The parents decided to chance it to Europe for a better life and killed their children in the process. They were economic migrants, not refugees.
I had heard that the father had a job in Turkey, and was in no danger from anything. His wife was completely terrified of the water. After his wife and children drowned ($5000 money from sister in Vancouver paid for perilous journey - what, no planes?) he refused Canadian citizenship, and then he blamed Canada for the drowning death of his child.

Exactly how many people were on the beach when his boat launched. Even though he knew that fake life jackets were circulating, what precautions did he take to ensure that his family was safe.

Why did he falsely claim that Canada is to blame for the drowning death of his child when he has no prior contact with Canada. He has never asked Canada for anything, yet he claims that Canada is responsible.

I'd say that Harper has pissed off a lot of Canadian Syrians for Syrian immigrants to internationally acclaim that Canada is to blame for his dead child ... when he has done nothing on the child's behalf ... other than lie.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:01 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
The latest news-the father is a human trafficker-he was the one paid to bring people across, and was the one driving the boat. But I'll lay you odds that you don't see that on BSNBC or CNN.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:08 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderwall View Post
That is what (normal) people care about.
I'm sure you're right about that. The typical (normal) person cares about whatever the people on TV teach them to care about. But there are those of us (oddballs) who want to know what's really going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies