Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 01:17 PM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,763 times

Advertisements

Seriously? I'm all for inclusion but let's not make almost everybody else feel uncomfortable all of the time to accommodate a small percent of the population. Just use the bathroom that you're most comfortable with and anybody who causes trouble - well, it's their problem, not yours. This idea makes California's transgender law look tame in comparison.

Gender-neutral bathrooms: All bathrooms should be open to all users.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 01:39 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
The author is not fully welcomed in either restroom ?
Are they wearing a sign or something ?
How is a guy to just "know" another guy is trans ?

Look down..what do you have there..go to that bathroom.
Geeze Louise. These "snowflakes" need to get over themselves about who they are in their head vs who they are in their pants.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:42 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
Why is there such a hangup on bathrooms? If you have to go will you wait outside of your opposite sex bathroom? give me a break. if it is a single use room, first come first serve. If women want to use the mens room, I could care less. I have far more to concern myself with.

Old 01-06-2014, 01:51 PM

1,256 posts, read 4,196,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Why is there such a hangup on bathrooms? If you have to go will you wait outside of your opposite sex bathroom? give me a break. if it is a single use room, first come first serve. If women want to use the mens room, I could care less. I have far more to concern myself with.
I have been in bathrooms where there are urinals and stalls and were actively used by both sexes - it wasn't a "Men's Room", it wasn't a "Women's Room", it was simply a large bathroom used by whoever needed to use it (simultaneously). In Asia, BTW (and - probably - some of the stalls had the impossible-to-use-right-by-the-naive "squat toilets"...but that's a matter for a different thread).

They do things a bit differently in Asia and, say, in furthest northern Europe; the hot spring spa I went to in Japan had separate men's and women's areas (and REALLY hot water in some of the pools) but the men's area had middle-aged women handing out towels in the changing room as the naked men walked into the pool area; it was not difficult to instantly get used to the concept.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:43 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times
Actually, I think that the option of having gender-neutral bathrooms in addition to gender-specific ones would be a good idea. It might help individuals such as cross-dressers, who will still be able to cross-dress in public and to go to public bathrooms without the risk of either getting beat up or getting sued.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:29 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
MY doctors offices at GWU hospital have unisex restrooms, usually two in one local. They were most likely assigned male and female at one time but traffic made them free them up.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:39 PM

21,145 posts, read 19,729,843 times
I've noticed "family" bathrooms appearing in a lot of new construction. They are single-use bathrooms which would solve the problem for these transgenders.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:43 PM

4,876 posts, read 4,208,707 times
I don't understand the problem...most people have gender neutral bathrooms in their homes.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:52 PM

23,561 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Lawyers and lawsuits are an impediment of great concern. He said, she said.

Multi occupant either sex bathrooms, no thanks.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Any business that does not provide female only bathrooms will suffer customer wise I assure you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies