Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 02:42 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I agree.

They still have the best price for .223 ammo unless I'm buying in thousand round bulk boxes online.
But it cheap and stack it deep. No one ever said "I sure have too much ammo"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 02:56 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I still don't understand why people are against ergonomically correct rifles that are rarely used in crimes.
Because they were used in two particularly heinous, barbaric senseless acts of violence. One at a movie theater killing a dozen+ people and leaving several without children or parents and another where many innocent lives with who knows what potential were cut short as well as innocent educators. Both involved these "ergonomically correct rifles." As for guns typically used in crimes, in most states handguns are highly documented with the holds while sawed-off shotguns are indeed illegal already.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Because they were used in two particularly heinous, barbaric senseless acts of violence. One at a movie theater killing a dozen+ people and leaving several without children or parents and another where many innocent lives with who knows what potential were cut short as well as innocent educators. Both involved these "ergonomically correct rifles." As for guns typically used in crimes, in most states handguns are highly documented with the holds while sawed-off shotguns are indeed illegal already.
So are saying people have an irrational fear of an item that is less likely to kill you than a swimming pool?

Maybe it is because it is black.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:10 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So are saying people have an irrational fear of an item that is less likely to kill you than a swimming pool?

Maybe it is because it is black.
Swimming pool deaths are accidents on the most part, gun deaths aren't. I am ready to disprove the next strawman argument you want to throw my way.

Old 08-27-2015, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Swimming pool deaths are accidents on the most part, gun deaths aren't. I am ready to disprove the next strawman argument you want to throw my way.
Is a death because of an accident somehow less damaging to that person than if it was on purpose?

A child is 100 times more likely to die in a pool than by a gun, I do not understand your disregard of a child's life. Maybe because it doesn't fit your preconceived notions?
http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2001...ttpoolsvsguns/

Old 08-27-2015, 03:17 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
You aren't as dead in one instance as the other and more likely to be dead in a drowning accident?

Old 08-27-2015, 03:18 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,909,291 times
Quote:
In most states, a handgun is treated no differently than a long gun. Gun Registration Myth Debunked

For a short barrel shotgun, all you need is a $5 tax stamp. Here's an example - https://www.impactguns.com/serbu-sup...rem870sbs.aspx

Old 08-27-2015, 04:00 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,889,603 times
Quote:
The pro-gun movement now think Walmart is un-American now that they stopped selling assault rifles including AR-15. Apparently Walmart wasn't already "un-American" for paying low wages to employees, pushing healthcare onto the tax payer whether it is Medicare for the elderly employees or Medicaid for the poor, how they handle sales on Black Friday and their limited made in the USA options.
Huh? What? Do you have a link where the "pro-gun movement" is calling un-American?
Quote:
You can't buy a car at a Walmart unless it is a die-cast or remote control car.

I honestly heard about that Walmart is "un-American" for the gun ban, talking to my father this morning. I looked hard for an article but found none. However that still don't stretch out of the realm of possibilities.
Ah.... so in other words, you completely fabricated it. Also, you should tell your dad that Wal-Mart's decision had nothing to do with politics, the guns just weren't selling near as well as their other models.

BTW, does your dad know how Liberal you are? lol
Quote:
mkpunk;40985561]Because they were used in two particularly heinous,
barbaric senseless acts of violence
So I other words, you're saying that the opposition to a rifle that is used in less than 400 out of the more than 12,000 gun crimes in this country is based on raw emotion, not on fact or rationality?
Quote:
As for guns typically used in crimes, in most states handguns are highly
documented with the holds
Heh? What does that even mean? In most states, buying a handgun is no different than buying any other gun. If I decided to go buy a handgun right now, I could be back home shooting it in about an hour, and that includes drive time both ways.

I think you're out of your league here.
Quote:
What's that have to do with it? The fact is, children are far more likely to die in a swimming pool than in a mass shooting where an AR15 was used. Where is the outrage? Why aren't there movements centered around "doing something" about the swimming pool problem?

Peoples priorities are mixed up.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:52 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,380,725 times
Quote:
assault rifle
Otherwise known as a "rifle" without the made up Orwellian term.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:52 PM

793 posts, read 1,418,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Huh? What? Do you have a link where the "pro-gun movement" is calling un-American?

Ah.... so in other words, you completely fabricated it. Also, you should tell your dad that Wal-Mart's decision had nothing to do with politics, the guns just weren't selling near as well as their other models.

BTW, does your dad know how Liberal you are? lol

So I other words, you're saying that the opposition to a rifle that is used in less than 400 out of the more than 12,000 gun crimes in this country is based on raw emotion, not on fact or rationality?

Heh? What does that even mean? In most states, buying a handgun is no different than buying any other gun. If I decided to go buy a handgun right now, I could be back home shooting it in about an hour, and that includes drive time both ways.

I think you're out of your league here.

What's that have to do with it? The fact is, children are far more likely to die in a swimming pool than in a mass shooting where an AR15 was used. Where is the outrage? Why aren't there movements centered around "doing something" about the swimming pool problem?

Peoples priorities are mixed up.
Or drunk driving. Or other alcohol related problems and yet no one is calling for alcohol buying permits or registration
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies