Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 09:12 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
When he announced, he hadn't been there long enough to have found the mens room. That does not rise to a qualification.
He knew where the bath houses are in Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 09:28 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
After letting a confused, inexperienced "community organizer" become President, it reeks of intellectual dishonesty to come out at this point and blast Trump supporter's for getting behind his Presidential bid.

Some of you will say, "Well, Barack Obama is a good President!"

My response? You had no way of knowing that he would be good, bad, or ugly. So how can you suggest that Trump would be a disaster in the White House?

Let's hope the liberal set on this forum can get past their fundamental disingenuousness and put forth a logical reason why the low bar set by Barack Obama is not the reason someone like Donald Trump can be the GOP front-runner.

Let's hear it!
I stopped reading after "community organizer" because that was enough to let me know this is all BS. Yes, before he became President Obama was a community organizer. SO THE **** WHAT? Will you people please get off this obsession with him having once been a community organizer and pretending that that's all he did? OBAMA DID NOT GO FROM BEING A COMMUNITY ORGANIZER TO BEING PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, HE HAS A FEW OTHER THINGS ON HIS RESUME!

Old 08-27-2015, 09:32 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times
Scott Walker used to work at McDonalds. What does a burger flipper know about being President of the United States?

Old 08-27-2015, 10:10 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,895,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Had to smile at this one.

I'm not a liberal and don't agree with everything Obama does but I honestly totally agree with the above.

Obama is basically pimp smacking Congress and the GOP and is getting things done. He was evidently the best choice IMO and he has kept us out of another 10 year war and a host of other positives economically.

He raised the bar and I am glad I voted for him. He is better than all those in the field right now IMO. I worry that after he leaves the country will go further down hill.

I love the bold lol!

I was listening to NPR today and they played a snippet of Obama's comments about the upcoming budget and the prospect of another government shut down if they don't pass a budget and honestly the comments can be summarized exactly like that. If they don't give him the money (budget) they are only hurting themselves and the GOP.

Odd and interesting that any time there is the threat of a shutdown it is always because of a GOP controlled congress.

Even though I'm independent and think poorly of the GOP and Democrats in many ways, the Dems do have the GOP beat in regards to responsibility IMO. They don't hold our country hostage like the right wing wants to do, whining about not getting their way, basically having a temper tantrum. And Trump is the biggest whining, tantrum prone person in the GOP field. It would be embarrassing to have him as president. As an independent in Ohio (where votes actually count in regards to presidential elections) I would vote for any Dem over him.
Bwa-ha-ha-ha

Out of another 10 year war? He has us so entrenched in middle east civil wars, some of his own making, we will be there forever caring for them as evil stepchildren. He was supposed to bring all of the troops home by the end of his first term. How did that go? Yep, he was the best choice for doing nothing but dividing the country by color, socio-economic status and educational level. He could calm most of it if he wanted but the present situation suits the progressive liberal agenda.
BTW...we are still in a depression.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:28 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
And he left the senate with a terrible track record. The man is supposed to be some type of "community organizer" and yet Chicago has some of the worst gun violence in the world. Electing him to the white house was such a mistake for the American people.
Really, what was horrible about his record ????

A Community Organizer it not the same as a community police officer .

Community Organizers are for the most part the same as a Public Advocate, except they are privately paid or work on a volunteer basis, instead of being an employee for the city. Think of it as your local Kiwanis leader, Civic Club President or something along those lines.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
For two whole years before he pivoted to the campaign. I hope you're joking if you think this justifies his candidacy.
Before Barack Obama was a US senator, he was a state senator, but keep trolling.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:49 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Bwa-ha-ha-ha

Out of another 10 year war? He has us so entrenched in middle east civil wars, some of his own making, we will be there forever caring for them as evil stepchildren. He was supposed to bring all of the troops home by the end of his first term. How did that go? Yep, he was the best choice for doing nothing but dividing the country by color, socio-economic status and educational level. He could calm most of it if he wanted but the present situation suits the progressive liberal agenda.
BTW...we are still in a depression.
It's like you live in an alternate reality.

Actually, we have avoided 10 years of war by using multilateral diplomacy with Iran.

You realize we always leave a handful of troops everywhere, right? He said he would bring combat troops home and he has. Mission accomplished.

Pointing out racism doesn't make one racist.

By no economics defintion are we in a depression. Or a recession. It's generally a fall in GDP for at least 2 quarters for a recession, and a depression is losses for 2 or more years. We have had pretty steady growth:
GDP Numbers Reveal Underlying Momentum, Possible Headwinds for U.S. Economy - WSJ

Scary how some people make up their own truth and then arrange by it

Old 08-27-2015, 10:50 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Really, what was horrible about his record ????

A Community Organizer it not the same as a community police officer .

Community Organizers are for the most part the same as a Public Advocate, except they are privately paid or work on a volunteer basis, instead of being an employee for the city. Think of it as your local Kiwanis leader, Civic Club President or something along those lines.
People think it's horrible a 23 year old Obama helped unemployed factory workers transition to new careers, helping his fellow human in need.

I can't believe some of these radicals dare use the term Christian to describe themselves. Christ is not in their side on this one.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:00 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You're right that Obama, by all objective measures, has been a very good president.

Many of us knew he would be good because Obama had a strong vision and demonstrated a complex understanding of the complex issues we face. It was a refreshing break from the simple mindedness of his predecessor and his objectively poor management of our country.

Trump has ranted about issues appealing to xenophobes but his solutions, rare as they are, have a child-like simplistically to them with no sense of the taxes required to pay for them and they won't solve the matters.

Plus, you can't really compare a guy who led a racist birther movement, is a reality TV star, and exploits beauty pageant scandals for ratings with someone of Obama's more respectable background.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Obama's on par with Reagan for fixing a mess the other party made, and is about to surpass Reagan for second term job creation, with full-time employment increasing and part-time employment decreasing.

I'm baffled how anyone can think a president who helped save our economy from collapse and get it growing with millions of new private sector jobs and shrinking government jobs, as well as get our military operations under control and effective again could be mislabeled as bad.

The results are far from perfect, but given the atrocity he inherited, Obama's worked wonders.
I'm no Trump fan.

But all that boot-licking for Obama must have your tongue really tired. It's almost on par with Lexus...

Old 08-27-2015, 11:00 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Better candidate? Would you rather have syphilis or gonorrhea? That was the choice of liberal candidates in 08. No other lame lib would want to run in 12 as they would have to clean up the mess BHO has created. The next 12 presidents will face the same.

The bloviating clown doesn't need a teleprompter. BHO can't communicate without one and misreads from that.
He whipped y'alls butt in 2008 too. What's your excuse for that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies