Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Grade him now:
He's a god, and there is no scale for how good he is! (for the cheer leaders) 4 2.37%
A+ (Not a single thing has he done wrong) 4 2.37%
A (most excellent) 8 4.73%
A- (very little to change) 9 5.33%
B+ (very good) 13 7.69%
B (needs to change only few things, but otherwise he's great!) 9 5.33%
B- (way better than GWBush) 10 5.92%
C+ (better than average) 3 1.78%
C (average) 4 2.37%
C- (Meh! ...slightly below average) 2 1.18%
D+ (in Carter territory now) 8 4.73%
D (definately as bad or worse than Carter) 8 4.73%
D- (divisive and narcicisstic - might be the worst ever) 36 21.30%
F (definately the worst ever) 46 27.22%
He's the absolute worst and there is no scale for how bad he is! (for the Neocons) 18 10.65%
Who cares? Both sides give us cronies who only have the best interest of the political class and couldn;t give a crap about us. 15 8.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 12:23 AM

6,367 posts, read 6,244,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Not like it's going to help by trying to reason with O-cult members... but I would suspect viewpoints about how well the country is doing - or not doing - is about a lot more than just the unemployment rate.
Obama could single handedly cure AIDS and cancer and people would still hate him.

Low unemployment, higher stocks, pulling out troops, getting everyone health insurance, lowering mandatory minimums for certain non violent drug offenses, exemplary response after the NJ hurricanes, killed Bin Ladin, lowered deficit, and I could go on but why bother....

Do you really need it spoon fed to you like this? Or just looking to have yet another CD "paranoid conspiracy argument" about why these items are somehow "not real."

There are enough of those threads already.

Its no surprise that any Obama supporters dont post here. This is not a part of the net known for people with "open minds." It's scary that people here seem to legitimately not understand why "Obots " as you affectionately call them, don't post here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2015, 12:55 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,419,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Do you really think the nation was better in November 2008 than now? What facts do you base that on?

Back then, the economy was in free-fall and we were heavily involved in two wars.
Democrats pushed for subprime loans, and voted for the wars.

Don't pretend it was all Bush's fault.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
All from Gallup:

At this point in Bush's term, he was at ~30% approval. Obama is at 46%.
That's easy to explain.

The mainstream media, the schools, colleges and universities, the arts communities, Hollywood -- all run by liberals who trash-talked Bush and the Republicans and covered for the Democrats.

Liberals couldn't even admit that Bush won the 2000 election. They ranted and raved about the Supreme Court, voter suppression, blah-blah-blah.

They still can't admit it.

But then they turned around and complained that Mitch McConnell said that he wanted to win the White House back after Obama's first term.

Oh, the horror of it -- the intolerance!

Last edited by dechatelet; 09-02-2015 at 01:23 AM..

Old 09-02-2015, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Obama could single handedly cure AIDS and cancer and people would still hate him.
The liberal mainstream media didn't report that Bush created a 200,000-square-mile marine reserve northwest of Hawaii.

I guess that would have made Bush look good -- a no-no.

The liberal mainstream media didn't report that Bush asked Harry Reid to propose a "green" energy bill and send it to him.

Harry refused because he was afraid that a successful bill would make Bush look good.

The liberal mainstream media didn't report that Bush wanted to reform Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac because they were guaranteeing too many subprime loans.

Nor did they report the Democratic resistance to reform in the House and Senate ("You want to take away home loans from poor people?!?!?")

The liberal mainstream media also didn't report that Bush vastly increased funding to help AIDS victims in Africa and that his White House counsel instructed federal agencies not to discriminate against gay federal employees.

Quote:
...pulling out troops
And unnecessarily leaving a vacuum filled by ISIS and Iran

Quote:
...getting everyone health insurance
There are still millions of uninsured.

Quote:
lowering mandatory minimums for certain non violent drug offenses
Getting kids hooked on drugs and destroying their lives -- yeah, that's "non-violent."

Quote:
exemplary response after the NJ hurricanes
Delayed response after the Gulf oil spill.

Quote:
killed Bin Ladin
That was going to happen anyway.

Quote:
lowered deficit
And increased the national debt from $9 trillion to $18 trillion.

Quote:
Its no surprise that any Obama supporters dont post here. This is not a part of the net known for people with "open minds." It's scary that people here seem to legitimately not understand why "Obots " as you affectionately call them, don't post here!
You can post here. We don't mind.

If you're not happy posting here, it must be because we are defeating your arguments.

Last edited by dechatelet; 09-02-2015 at 01:24 AM..

Old 09-02-2015, 01:53 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,668,264 times
Quote:

Low unemployment, higher stocks, pulling out troops, getting everyone health insurance, lowering mandatory minimums for certain non violent drug offenses, exemplary response after the NJ hurricanes, killed Bin Ladin, lowered deficit, and I could go on but why bother....

Do you really need it spoon fed to you like this? Or just looking to have yet another CD "paranoid conspiracy argument" about why these items are somehow "not real."

Can't rep you again but this times a thousand. POC has become a playground for a certain segment. It's not worth the time to post. But should a Republican ever get elected president, the return volley will be poetic.

The best part is reading posts by posters trying to rewrite the Bush years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The liberal mainstream media didn't report that Bush created a 200,000-square-mile marine reserve northwest of Hawaii.

I guess that would have made Bush look good -- a no-no.

The liberal mainstream media didn't report that Bush asked Harry Reid to propose a "green" energy bill and send it to him.

Harry refused because he was afraid that a successful bill would make Bush look good.

Would it? I've seen no love for the environment by the GOP. None. The GOP owns Fox News. If Bush wanted attention for some small token toward the environment, I'm sure Fox would have played it 24/7.

The liberal mainstream media didn't report that Bush wanted to reform Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac because they were guaranteeing too many subprime loans.

Nor did they report the Democratic resistance to reform in the House and Senate ("You want to take away home loans from poor people?!?!?")

I remember very well Bush talking about how he wasn't sure what his legacy was other than a lot of people getting to buy a house. He said that. That was what he considered his legacy. Not reforming Fannie Mae and Freddy Mac. The economy crashed under Bush. TARP was signed by Bush. Obama walked into an economic disaster not of his making and everyone knows it..
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/bu...anted=all&_r=0

The liberal mainstream media also didn't report that Bush vastly increased funding to help AIDS victims in Africa and that his White House counsel instructed federal agencies not to discriminate against gay federal employees.

Again, if you think Bush supported gays, Fox could have promoted it. But Bush won the 2004 election by putting gay marriage on the ballot in key states.

CNN.com - Bush calls for ban on same-sex marriages - Feb. 25, 2004

GAY MARRIAGE: Did issue help re-elect Bush? - SFGate

And unnecessarily leaving a vacuum filled by ISIS and Iran

Bush killed far more people through the Iraq war than was killed by 9/11
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casual...f_the_Iraq_War

There are still millions of uninsured.

What has the GOP done to help the country get health coverage beyond the unfunded billions spent on Medicare Part D? Ever? Ever??? If the GOP did something about health coverage tomorrow, it would only be because Obama got the ball rolling. And that's a fact.

Getting kids hooked on drugs and destroying their lives -- yeah, that's "non-violent."

How is lowering the minimums for non-violent offenses getting kids hooked on drugs. Currently there are people serving life sentences without the possibility of parole for completely non-violent drug charges. There are endless stories like these: Life Without Parole for a First-Time, Nonviolent Drug Offender - Hit & Run : Reason.com while murderers get much lighter sentences.

Delayed response after the Gulf oil spill.

Katrina. Katrina. Katrina. 1833 died in Katrina.

That was going to happen anyway.

Really, was bin Laden going to be killed or captured anyway? Because Bush had seven years to do it and never did. Considering how fast Obama got him, one has to wonder if Bush was even looking. Maybe he felt it justified perpetual war?

And increased the national debt from $9 trillion to $18 trillion.

WASHINGTON — The federal government's 2015 budget deficit will fall slightly this year to $468 billion, the lowest since President Obama took office, according to the annual budget outlook released Monday by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office. Federal deficit falling to lowest in Obama presidency

You can post here. We don't mind.

If you're not happy posting here, it must be because we are defeating your arguments.
You aren't defeating anyone's arguments.

Last edited by Seacove; 09-02-2015 at 02:19 AM..

Old 09-02-2015, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
You aren't defeating anyone's arguments.
Everything you say is incorrect.

Hint: If you want people to respond to your arguments (which I doubt), post them in such a way that they can quote those arguments.

People -- it might amaze you to find this out -- are not going to shift between my responses and your statements.

They have better things to do with their limited time.

Last edited by dechatelet; 09-02-2015 at 03:46 AM..

Old 09-02-2015, 03:42 AM

52,622 posts, read 47,825,177 times
I've always given Darth Barry an F, and it's no different in '15 than it was in '09. Really, anybody who gives a higher score than that should check their moral compasses. Obama is just terrible. He's not even worth spending two seconds listening to when he speaks.

If anyone who runs for public office does not love his/her country, then he/she will not win points with me.

Period.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:32 AM

6,367 posts, read 6,244,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Can't rep you again but this times a thousand. POC has become a playground for a certain segment. It's not worth the time to post. But should a Republican ever get elected president, the return volley will be poetic.

The best part is reading posts by posters trying to rewrite the Bush years.

Thank you. The best part for me was watching them react and do exactly what I said they would:

"Or just looking to have yet another CD "paranoid conspiracy argument" about why these items are somehow "not real.""

But I also appreciated how they throw in GW just to "make a point" and detract any positive attention from Obama. Oh the irony of telling others not to dwell on GW while.... dwelling on GW.

And with comebacks such as "that was going to happen anyways" without any facts to back it up, there is no "debate." There is only angry rhetoric. Nothing that I posted was disputed by facts, attention was just merely diverted to try and detract from his accomplishments which were requested to be spoon so they could have a set up for one of the many predictably emotional, yet data lacking, rants.

And as kind as it is to "allow" people who appreciate Obama to post here, you still don't get the point. Most Obama supporters dont have time to engage in such petty BS. Seriously, its like talking to a wall here. But I love this line of logic:

"If you're not happy posting here, it must be because we are defeating your arguments."

ROTFLMFAO!!

Thank you for the excellent laugh. I really needed that today. Proof that after all I put out there, you still refuse to aknowledge any veracity regarding *even the slightest* positive attributes of Obama. Your above statement is the epitome of false logic and the use of rationalization as a defense mechanism.

Please commence with your lives in the bubble. Most Obama supporters seem to be in the real world.

Have a blast cutting up my post to fit your anti-democratic agenda as I exit now.

The bubble is only interesting for a very short time. Much like the zoo and Fox news, it's fascinating at first, yet soon becomes too sad and depressing for those of us not trapped inside of it.

Peace.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Thank you. The best part for me was watching them react and do exactly what I said they would:

"Or just looking to have yet another CD "paranoid conspiracy argument" about why these items are somehow "not real.""

But I also appreciated how they throw in GW just to "make a point" and detract any positive attention from Obama. Oh the irony of telling others not to dwell on GW while.... dwelling on GW.

And with comebacks such as "that was going to happen anyways" without any facts to back it up, there is no "debate." There is only angry rhetoric. Nothing that I posted was disputed by facts, attention was just merely diverted to try and detract from his accomplishments which were requested to be spoon so they could have a set up for one of the many predictably emotional, yet data lacking, rants.

And as kind as it is to "allow" people who appreciate Obama to post here, you still don't get the point. Most Obama supporters dont have time to engage in such petty BS. Seriously, its like talking to a wall here. But I love this line of logic:

"If you're not happy posting here, it must be because we are defeating your arguments."

ROTFLMFAO!!

Thank you for the excellent laugh. I really needed that today. Proof that after all I put out there, you still refuse to aknowledge any veracity regarding *even the slightest* positive attributes of Obama. Your above statement is the epitome of false logic and the use of rationalization as a defense mechanism.

Please commence with your lives in the bubble. Most Obama supporters seem to be in the real world.

Have a blast cutting up my post to fit your anti-democratic agenda as I exit now.

The bubble is only interesting for a very short time. Much like the zoo and Fox news, it's fascinating at first, yet soon becomes too sad and depressing for those of us not trapped inside of it.

Peace.
We're glad that you agree with yourself.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:20 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,032,650 times
Quote:

Spare me. I'm not in the "hate him no matter what" nor in the Obamabot "he can do no wrong" camp; I held a positive, hopeful view of him in his first campaign.
The former is a very small group; most people unhappy with him are for completely legit reasons. The O-cult of course is in denial of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies