Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2015, 05:41 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
If you really want to help the black community, support school choice and concealed carry. That means vote Republican.
How has that helped the white poverty stricken populace who mostly identify as Republican?

Old 08-30-2015, 05:45 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
How has that helped the white poverty stricken populace who mostly identify as Republican?
Better yet, look to Denver, Seattle, Minneapolis, Austin, which are liberal cities. White s are doing well there.

Old 08-30-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The Black middle class is artificially inflated. One out of five working Black adults works for the government, either local, state or federal. Those government funds are supported mainly by the White middle class. North Fulton pays a hugely disproportional rate of taxes towards the Fulton County tax base. Without those taxes the Black middle class would collapse and then you'd see an exodus of Blacks moving to Milton (the proposed new county of north Fulton).
So do you suppose that whites who work in the corporate business world are supported primarily by hispanic and black consumers who disproportionately buy their items?

I don't get how it is "artificially inflated." If someone makes a middle income salary, they are middle class regardless of how they make their money or where it comes from.

And FWIW, in metro Atlanta, city and county governments are heavily supported by tickets issued by police departments who primarily ticket and harrass black residents. Government there is also funded by sales tax, which as stated above, is largely funded by blacks, especially in Fulton County, GA using more of their disposable income for purchases compared to whites.

You and others like you are very odd. Black people making a middle class income are "artificially middle class" lol. What about the whites in government? I worked in government in DeKalb and Fulton County and we had quite a few Russian and Korean employees, I guess they also are hyping the numbers for Asians and whites in metro Atlanta.

Too many of you go to great lengths with your views of black inferiority.

Old 08-31-2015, 06:48 AM

88,970 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Look at the NAEP scores:

NAEP - Mathematics and Reading 2013

White students' basic math proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 33%
Basic reading proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 47%

Black students' basic math proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 7%
Basic reading proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 16%

Look at violent crime rate statistics:

Whites are 77.7% of the population, but are only 42.9% of violent crime offenders.
Blacks are 13.2% of the population, but are 22.4% of violent crime offenders.

USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

http://2kpcwh2r7phz1nq4jj237m22.wpen...NCFS-Table.jpg

Old 08-31-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Look at the NAEP scores:

NAEP - Mathematics and Reading 2013

White students' basic math proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 33%
Basic reading proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 47%

Black students' basic math proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 7%
Basic reading proficiency percentage by 12th grade: 16%

Look at violent crime rate statistics:

Whites are 77.7% of the population, but are only 42.9% of violent crime offenders.
Blacks are 13.2% of the population, but are 22.4% of violent crime offenders.

USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

http://2kpcwh2r7phz1nq4jj237m22.wpen...NCFS-Table.jpg
The states/locations/municipalities with the highes NAEP scores may be white but they are not Republican dominated areas. Also, white children are much less likely to use vouchers or attend charter schools versus black children, who are overrepresented in both of those school choice options and always have been.

I know you put a lot of emphasis on NAEP. You bring it up in every....single....thread that you post in that is a "black thread." You should come up with some new info.

This thread is supposed to be you white people telling us what you have done to end the scourges of OOWB, poverty, crime, etc., from "the white community."

You giving me the same old, same old NAEP scores is not giving any solutions. Whites are the least likely to use school choice. Liberal white areas (especially atheist whites) score much higher on these test than conservative, poor whites.

So you are not proving anything.

You should just admit you can't because it is a fact that over 40 million white people today - greater than the entire black population, are in poverty and deal with the same scourges as the 10 million poverty stricken black people in this country.

ETA: On the liberal atheist whites, I actually do feel that they could have a supposed point in telling black people to be less religious. I am an atheist and consider myself a secular humanist and I am black. I have frequently told people, black people, who question me about why/how can I be an atheist, that Christianity, which is the dominant religion of black America was put into place to make us fall in line with what slave masters wanted of us. It diverts our attention away from the "right now" and instead focuses on death and tells us the best way to get to "heaven" is to "suffer" on earth. As a result, it is my opinion that many black people are content with being poor especially due to the higher likelihood that God will recognize their struggles with a reward of heaven. People who are not hyperfocused on death and heaven can focus on what we are doing right now and raise their economic condition. They are also much more likely to question what they are being told and not just blindly agree with what people or headlines are telling them.

Last edited by residinghere2007; 08-31-2015 at 07:24 AM..

Old 08-31-2015, 08:08 AM

88,970 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
The states/locations/municipalities with the highes NAEP scores may be white but they are not Republican dominated areas.
Do we really want to compare Washington, DC, LA, Chicago, etc., etc. public schools? All governed by Dems. All bad.

Look at the worst cities for urban youth, which includes info on high school graduation rates. Why urban areas? Because that's where the poverty rate is the highest. And, again, all governed by Dems:

The 5 Worst Cities for Urban Youth - ABC News

Furthermore, the most racially segregated public schools are in blue states:

The most segregated schools may not be in the states you’d expect - The Washington Post

Quote:
I know you put a lot of emphasis on NAEP. You bring it up in every....single....thread that you post in that is a "black thread." You should come up with some new info.
Why? It's the only nationwide longitudinal K-12 student achievement info there is. You just don't like the results.

Quote:
You should just admit you can't because it is a fact that over 40 million white people today - greater than the entire black population, are in poverty
No, it's about half that amount. 10% of the White population. Look it up.

You and many others will never acknowledge or address the causes of the problems several of us have mentioned. That's why things will never get better for the Black segment of our population. That's on you, and them. Many of you are your own oppressors. That's why you have such a hard time garnering sympathy or support.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:12 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Yep....buts its obviously a sign of black inferiority....that we demonstrate this individualism.

Like I said before, though. The American ship is sinking and racism put blacks on the bottom deck. Thus, we are sinking to lower depths....BUT SO ARE WHITES! They keep looking down on us but they are sinking too. The only reason that we are at depths below whites is because of racism....but we are all in the same boat....SINKING!!! It's just that they find comfort and security in seeing us on the bottom deck as it supports white superiority.
That's the rub blacks aren't allowed to be individuals. They are expected to act and vote a certain way. That expectation is from whites and blacks.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:14 AM

24,388 posts, read 23,044,056 times
I'd say they should stop listening to haters like Joe Madison who do nothing but stir up the crazies and try to get the ignorant so paranoid they don't have a clue WTH is going on. I mean guys like him make Rush Limbaugh sound like Abe Lincoln, JFK and FDR.

Old 08-31-2015, 09:09 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,919,546 times
How much fun is it being around angry people all the time ?
You choose your environment.
I'd say at this point that the culture black people have built, is going to be hard to undo, seeing all they invested in being this way.
If a black man smiles and is friendly with other people, he is put down by his black brothers.
There are black that simply do not want to civilize .
Which is about as close to the original sub culture slave blacks came from ,that's likely what got them sold into slavery to begin with . In Africa there are black far more sophisticated and responsible people. But they choose to be better than their ancestors not emulate them.
Sharpton and men like him make merchandise of blacks and they swallow it hook line and sinker.
Choose whom you listen to and where your entertainment comes from and feed the right tiger, or rather the tiger you believe in to be right.
Be warned though , that feeding a destructive tiger will most definitely lead to ones own destruction.

Old 08-31-2015, 11:04 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
How much fun is it being around angry people all the time ?
You choose your environment.
I'd say at this point that the culture black people have built, is going to be hard to undo, seeing all they invested in being this way.
If a black man smiles and is friendly with other people, he is put down by his black brothers.
There are black that simply do not want to civilize .
Which is about as close to the original sub culture slave blacks came from ,that's likely what got them sold into slavery to begin with . In Africa there are black far more sophisticated and responsible people. But they choose to be better than their ancestors not emulate them.
Sharpton and men like him make merchandise of blacks and they swallow it hook line and sinker.
Choose whom you listen to and where your entertainment comes from and feed the right tiger, or rather the tiger you believe in to be right.
Be warned though , that feeding a destructive tiger will most definitely lead to ones own destruction.

Again....here is another post that demonstrates the REAL problem, which is the SAME problem that existed, at the root, 200 years ago. Your opinion is an example of someone who sees blacks as inferior, as a general rule. Hence, there is no way you would give blacks equal opportunity if you were in a position of power and or authority, such as a hiring manager, loan officer, police officer, teacher, real estate agent, judge, juror, etc. You would treat blacks in a way, based upon your lowly opinion of blacks, that would make blacks behave and perform lowly, but not because of some natural inferiority, but rather, your unequal treatment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies