Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2015, 01:47 PM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times

Advertisements

Personally I am at a loss of why so few Afro Americans do not take advantage of all the free education offered to them and have the desire to want to better themselves and get off of welfare. When I was going to college, at night, because I was working during the day, there were several teenage pregnant black girls also attending. When we would go outside for a break, I overheard them talking that the ONLY reason they were going to school was in order to get their welfare check. I thought, how sad, many of us were not only working during the day and had to pay our own way and go to school at night. There seemed to be no desire to do anything but have babies and collect money and benefits from the government.

I also heard a young black man speak, one who had bettered himself, got out of the ghetto and became a lawyer. He said he was an athlete in high school and was friends with white boys and saw how nicely they lived and he knew he wanted to achieve that for himself. So he worked hard and did. He talked about how he could have made a lot of money selling drugs but knew that life wasn't for him.

Many young black men make a lot of money selling drugs and joining gangs and believe that life is the good life. There are organizations that work with children in low income areas from an early age and hopefully the majority of these young people will get an education and believe in bettering themselves.

In Baltimore, the government gave a lot of money for education and it did absolutely no good. Why? I don't have that answer, other than welfare and lack of education has become a way of life. There is no desire to work hard and help yourself when you can make a lot of money on the street.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:05 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Please forgive the misunderstanding but I do not regard black all as inferior .
People are what they choose to be .
If I chose to take an inferior view of my self that's my choice.
If I believe some one's inferior view of me, that's my choice.
If I fill my head with inferior thinking that's my choice.
It's 30 degrees below zero outside. One person makes a choice to put on hat, scarf, gloves, boots, coats, in layers and go out and wait for the bus. Another person makes the choice to just go out with a t-shirt, pants shoes, not hat, no coat no glove, no boots....and gets frostbite. What does the different CHOICES reflect upon each individual? Choice is a reflection of INTELLIGENCE, all other things being the same. If they both had the same information concerning the weather, bus arrival time, what cold can do to you, etc, one would say that the person who got frost bite is not to bright, relative to the person who dressed for the weather.

Choice making is a function of the intellect, assuming equal information and opportunity. Hence, you cannot on one hand say that you do not see blacks as inferior, but then on the other hand imply that blacks make inferior choices, when choice making is a function of intellect. Since you likely believe blacks have equal opportunity, and no excuses, an inferior intellect of blacks is your position, which is and has been the same doctrine and mantra of white supremacy the last 400 years.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:09 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is like sickness. You have to treat the specific disease as all diseases cannot be treated with the same approach or medicine. Black people need to be treated not for just general poverty, but rather, blacks need treatment for the legacy impact of white supremacy.
And this 1950s style race division we all are obsessed with here is not going to help anyone, keep dividing people over something as minor as skin color you are going to always have racism.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:12 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
It's 30 degrees below zero outside. One person makes a choice to put on hat, scarf, gloves, boots, coats, in layers and go out and wait for the bus. Another person makes the choice to just go out with a t-shirt, pants shoes, not hat, no coat no glove, no boots....and gets frostbite. What does the different CHOICES reflect upon each individual? Choice is a reflection of INTELLIGENCE, all other things being the same. If they both had the same information concerning the weather, bus arrival time, what cold can do to you, etc, one would say that the person who got frost bite is not to bright, relative to the person who dressed for the weather.

Choice making is a function of the intellect, assuming equal information and opportunity. Hence, you cannot on one hand say that you do not see blacks as inferior, but then on the other hand imply that blacks make inferior choices, when choice making is a function of intellect. Since you likely believe blacks have equal opportunity, and no excuses, an inferior intellect of blacks is your position, which is and has been the same doctrine and mantra of white supremacy the last 400 years.
I've specifically stated repeatedly that Blacks do not have equal opportunity to a better (albeit, still starkingly inadequate given our nation's NAEP 12th grade proficiency percentages) public education. The most racially segregated public schools are in blue states, and yet Blacks keep overwhelmingly voting for the Dems that prefer to keep them segregated while obeying the teacher unions who don't want anyone to have school choice or vouchers. That puts the cause of the problem back on Blacks. They're oppressing themselves by voting for their oppressors.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The only reason people might possibly see Blacks as inferior is because they're their own worst enemy, their own oppressors, as has been pointed out time and time again in this thread.

Don't expect things to change for the better until that changes.
So you suggest we find other peoples to oppress like whites did? The white collective, before it started maritime explorations, colonization, racial slavery and the like, oppressed each other in Europe. The masses of whites were poor and dysfunctional, while the aristocracy and the church ruled. The moral there is that a race cannot lift itself up by oppressing itself, but rather, by oppressing other races and peoples. Intra-racial oppression produces no net gain for a race, but inter-racial oppression does.

Whites oppressed whites and produced no net gain for whites. Blacks oppressed blacks and produced no net gain for blacks. Whites oppressed blacks (and others) producing a net gain (through your trickle down economics). Every time a new land was conquered and colonized, it result in new land for white people, who could then leave the squalor of Europe and better their life from the LOSS OF LAND AND THE ENERGY OF LABOR (SLAVERY) of non white peoples. Now, blacks have never oppressed whites in these lands, but have been oppressed by whites, which means that the black race has experienced a NET LOSS for racial contact with whites who experienced a NET GAIN from the contact.

What many whites want to do is to strike that information from the record. They do not want it to be admissible in court of popular opinion. They want the black race and native Americans to appear to be down through their own natural inferiority and the white man to be up by his natural superiority, in a fair game of socioeconomics.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
And this 1950s style race division we all are obsessed with here is not going to help anyone, keep dividing people over something as minor as skin color you are going to always have racism.
Oh I agree with you....but first we must reconcile the damage done to a race of people....before we seek color blindness.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
So you suggest we find other peoples to oppress like whites did?
To be fair, it wasn't only Whites. How do you think the Blacks who were sold into slavery got to the African sea ports?

And nothing in my post suggested oppressing others. I only suggested that Blacks stop overwhelmingly voting for their oppressors, the Dems, and I've very clearly explained why. If they don't, don't expect anything to change. It's like Blacks have Stolckholm Syndrome or something the way they insist on voting for Dems to oppress them time after time after time. It really defies logic.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Oh I agree with you....but first we must reconcile the damage done to a race of people....before we seek color blindness.
You're going to have to go after the Blacks who sold their fellow men into slavery, first. The slave trade never would have happened without them.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:28 PM

13,899 posts, read 6,440,051 times
Quote:
It's been reconciled, time for the people to actually do their part now.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I've specifically stated repeatedly that Blacks do not have equal opportunity to a better (albeit, still starkingly inadequate given our nation's NAEP 12th grade proficiency percentages) public education. The most racially segregated public schools are in blue states, and yet Blacks keep overwhelmingly voting for the Dems that prefer to keep them segregated while obeying the teacher unions who don't want anyone to have school choice or vouchers. That puts the cause of the problem back on Blacks. They're oppressing themselves by voting for their oppressors.
It gets back to my point again. Blacks are making a CHOICE to vote democrat, based upon a package deal of issues and platforms....and not just one. If blacks are making the CHOICE to vote democrat, and you think the smarter choice is to vote republican, then you are saying that the intellect of blacks is inferior. You think blacks are intellectually sharp enough to know what is best for them....BUT YOU DO, based upon ONE ad nausea issue.

In the abstract, your argument, although tunnel vision in focus, still comes down to blacks being INFERIOR CHOICE MAKERS, which can only be the product of INFERIOR INTELLECT. Your argument is the argument supporting the doctrine of white supremacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies