Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2015, 07:48 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,382,626 times

Advertisements

I could write an entire thesis on this subject but instead of that I am not. Just stay out of jail, make more babies, and support conservationism but an liberal Judicial law system. Do not be tricked by anybody including Europeans.

Here is an good example of what is wrong. Being told it is okay to be non-heterosexual when your race is only 5% of the entire free nation. When you see an non-heterosexual black man or woman you should be thinking, there goes another 1%. Same with any other cult or addiction.

Last edited by RegalSin; 08-28-2015 at 08:19 PM..

Old 08-28-2015, 08:15 PM

65 posts, read 42,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Southpaw View Post
A quick piece of Political Trivia: you might already know that up till LBJ the South was a Strong Democratic Stronghold. That ended when LBJ forced school integration and other Civil Rights Laws.
No it actually ended around 1980-1982 after 10 years of steady migration from the Rust Belt into the South. By station wagon trains from Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey containing job-seeking pioneers who voted Republican at home.

Quote:
The story goes that when an aide told LBJ he just won his Bill getting passed in Congress, LBJ lamented, "Yeah, and we just lost the South for at least a generation."
Except there's no record of him having said that.

capitalresearch.org/2014/10/we-have-lost-the-south-for-a-generation-what-lyndon-johnson-said-or-would-have-said-if-only-he-had-said-it/

What there is a record of is Democrat LBJ saying this: "There are more n-ggers voting there than white folks."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1rIDmDWSms

Old 08-28-2015, 08:38 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,571,809 times
Black peoples business......I just do my best to avoid.

If you are reluctant to accept that most of your shortcomings are YOUR fault, not too much help for you.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I've read that African Americans should straighten out our own problems and I genuinely believe there is a great deal of truth in that statement, but since we haven't come up with a workable solution, I was wondering if white people would be so kind as to tell us how white people solved the problems of violence, guns, criminality, unwed mothers and welfare dependency amongst white people.

While I am patiently await your suggestions, let me just say thank you in advance.

Godlessness is turning us back into uncivilized people.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:14 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Sigh...

You do realize the black Americans today are much better off educationally and economically since the 1960s right? Even with all our "imperfections."
You are worse off by every metric, from literacy rates to inflation adjusted real wealth.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:14 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,082 times
Quote:
Oh, so I see you haven't resolved these issues and don't have any specific advise.

Never the less, thank you for responding.
He didn't say we had "resolved these issues". He said blacks have a higher propensity for unwed mothers, poverty, violence, etc. than other groups. Just wanted to clear that up for you. I can tell you one thing whites have done; most place a higher value on education than the black community. Why is that?

Old 08-28-2015, 09:21 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Godlessness is turning us back into uncivilized people.
What does a fictional deity have to do with the state of society?

Old 08-28-2015, 09:28 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,385,183 times
Quote:
I've read that African Americans should straighten out our own problems and I genuinely believe there is a great deal of truth in that statement, but since we haven't come up with a workable solution, I was wondering if white people would be so kind as to tell us how white people solved the problems of violence, guns, criminality, unwed mothers and welfare dependency amongst white people.

While I am patiently await your suggestions, let me just say thank you in advance.
education

Old 08-28-2015, 09:44 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,320,714 times
Quote:
Wow...good question and indeed a difficult and multi-faceted one. Also, I didn't realize you were Black--I'm new here. Let me first say that I usually enjoy your posts, as you are usually coming across as learned and fair.
First thank you.

There is an interesting book that is on my need to read list entitled "How The Irish Became White" by Noel Ignatiev. I've read excerpts and it pretty much confirms earlier research that I've done over the years. It is my learned impression that once the legal restrictions on African American opportunity were lifted, African Americans have been tracking pretty much in the footsteps established by every other ethnic group, crime, a political power in the way of political patronage. There was also the ability of the Irish to dominate not only many public sector jobs but craft unions in the building trades all of which helped to insure the stability of the Irish community. Of course the two things that the Irish had going for them, their skin color didn't mark them immediately as being Irish, and this all came at a time when manuel labor and manufacturing played an important role in the American economy... But when I get the book, I just ordered it, I will get back to this theme as soon as possible.

Old 08-28-2015, 10:12 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Maybe if more people like you had actually listened, the mess would never have happened.

Look how successful the alternatives have become. Maybe you should do a re-think.
Maybe it's never worked.

Maybe you should stop taking yourself so seriously.

Maybe.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.