Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 11:01 AM

34,002 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Having been married 4 times, according to her Bible, she is guilty of adultery at least three times.

Worst still, in that region, if none were
kin" prior to marriage.

Old 08-30-2015, 11:25 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,093,945 times
A public servant doing her job based on her own political beliefs should be fired.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:22 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
She cannot be fired since she was elected. Hopefully jail time is her reward for not doing her job.

Old 08-30-2015, 12:39 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Kentucky Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, who lost her suit in federal court on Wednesday for refusing to issue same sex marriage licenses, has now filed an emergency request with the Supreme Court court to put a temporary hold on a lower-court ruling, saying that complying with the order would violate her religious beliefs.

The request goes to SC Justice Elena Kagan, who oversees emergency petitions in Kentucky. Kagan can either act on the petition alone or refer it to the full court.

Once the stay is denied, as it inevitably will be, then the question becomes, will Davis will comply, as she will have exhausted all possible legal remedies?

Davis says no. She has declared that she will not resign and has further pledged to never issue a license to same-sex couples no matter what the court demands.

Meanwhile, the Rowan County Attorney's Office said on Friday that it has referred to the Attorney General's Office a charge of official misconduct against Davis. A ruling against her could result in jail time and fines.

Ironically, Ms. Davis has been divorced three times and is currently on her fourth marriage. Yeah, she really believes in the sanctity of marriage.
Too bad tar and feathering is out of style. Only kidding.

Old 08-30-2015, 01:12 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
She should be thrown in jail for obstruction of justice for sure.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:22 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Not to mention - she already gave a marriage license to a transgender man.
Rowan transgender man and wife got license

Her goose is already cooked as far as god as concerned, she might as well keep her job.

Old 08-30-2015, 02:38 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Will this county clerk b joining the United cake bakers of america in her solidarity with there plight?

Old 09-06-2015, 07:43 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,324,505 times
While it is required that "every soul be subject unto the higher powers", the Bible also goes on to say: "For there is no power but of God; the powers that be are ordained of God".....and further goes on to say, "For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same. For he is a minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid, for he beareth not the sword in vain; for he is a minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil".

With that being said, it's clear that this chapter is talking about people who have been appointed by God (meaning He thinks them worthy of serving an office/position)and are instructed to conform themselves in alignment with His will. The "minister" (or servant) is the authority put in place to punish those who do wrong. Since this authority has been ordained and appointed by God, as the Scripture states, this person must do what is right by God and by those who are obedient and conscious of the law, meaning they are not to use what "power" has been given to them to do what is contrary to God, nor are they to inflict sufferings on those who point or speak out their contrariness. When those in authority do this, they are now considered to be unqualified for their position and are no longer a help to those they serve but a hindrance.

I'm in NO WAY saying homosexuals are evil; the act of homosexuality, however, is contrary to God. I'm NOT CONDONING anyone to disregard the law. We all know that in this country it has been deemed unconstitutional to ban homosexual marriage. We all must acknowledge that because it is the law; man's law, not God's. That includes me as well. However, I, like other Believers and Christians who worship God in Spirit and in Truth, know the moral landscape our this country and our society has shifted, and that man has attempted to justify his desires by making practices into "laws". Yes, as a citizen of this country, I am aware of the Constitution. I'm aware that not every authority in this country has been Divinely appointed nor do all authorities align with God's Word. But I don't have to agree or acknowledge that which is contrary to God and if I choose, I have the right to speak out against it and stand firm on the Bible and my faith. It is my responsibility as a Believer to remain patient and to love all of God's people, but also to commend and uplift and encourage those who do what is in alignment with God. I'm mindful of the Constitution, yes, but as a Believer and as a member of the Body of Christ, the moral compass of my faith is not the Constitution, but it is the Word of God. If God defined it, it cannot be redefined. If God said it, that settles it, whether you like it/believe it or not.

Old 09-06-2015, 07:50 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,380,316 times
A Muslim flight attendant says she was suspended by ExpressJet for refusing to serve alcohol in accordance with her Islamic faith.

Muslim flight attendent claims discrimination - CNN.com

In a bid to get her job back, Charee Stanley filed a discrimination complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission on Tuesday for the revocation of a reasonable religious accommodation.

She wants to do her job without serving alcohol in accordance with her Islamic faith -- just as she was doing before her suspension, her lawyer said.

"What this case comes down to is no one should have to choose between their career and religion and it's incumbent upon employers to provide a safe environment where employees can feel they can practice their religion freely," said Lena Masri, an attorney with Michigan chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations.

How is this Muslim's demand different from the Christian Kentucky clerk? I see no difference.

Old 09-06-2015, 08:03 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
This is such a losing battle for Kim Davis and her supporters, it's almost comical.

And the Republican candidates for President who support her are all desperate losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies