Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 04:09 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

so what? the Wrong track number is at 70% so the democrat operatives are trotting out the old Blame Bush meme to redirect that pent up anger?

is that the deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 04:16 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Let me tell you something that actually really happened.

Gov. Blanco (D) sat at her desk and cried and said "I don't know what to do.

and for DAYS SHE DID NOTHING. NOTHING PEOPLE SHE DID NOTHING.

everyone around her was demanding she call out the national guard and she refused.

Ray Nagan, the might chocolate city loving Mayor who was supposed to be this brilliant man is CURRENTLY SITTING IN JAIL. SITTING IN JAIL PEOPLE.

there was a LOT wrong with what happened with Katrina. Im not going to suggest that Brown did everything right. but what was really messed up was the idiots in charge in La. and in NO.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:02 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,448,820 times
Hmmm ... election time again. Time to drag the Bush straw-man out and start beating it again. O well, it worked twice before, why not give it another shot.

El Nox

Old 08-31-2015, 10:06 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
250 school buses might safely hold 50 adults and evacuated about 12,500 of the more than 1 million who were displaced. Where would those buses take people to get them out of harms way? Does any municipality know and track where the most vulnerable live? How many of those buses might have stalled in flooded areas requiring passengers to wade through water sometimes up to their neck? What about the nearby communities that denied buses entry?

As I understand it, the governor did request Bush to declare a state of emergency 2 days before the levees failed. Could she have done so sooner? Then what? How do you safely evacuate more than 1 million, just in case? Where do you take them to get them out of harms way?

I am sorry you choose to view this through partisan glasses.
You bring up some good points.

I think 99% of any blame to be handed out should be placed on those who ran the state of Louisiana at the time (and before).

SOPs should have been set up decades ago and adjusted as needed and INCLUDED a way to track where the most vulnerable live. I'm assuming when you said "vulnerable" you meant the elderly, the infirm, those who can't afford to get out of Dodge, let alone rent a hotel for a week or longer if they should get out of Dodge.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:51 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Wow, BDS is really long term, it seems.
And some never recover from it.

Old 08-31-2015, 10:58 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
George W. Bush is the worst president in my lifetime. But it isn't his or FEMA's fault the Mayor and Governor did not evacuate the city in a timely manner. I believe Brown when he says the Mayor and Governor had a week advance warning, but did not call for a mandatory evacuation till hours before the storm hit.
That situation was destined to be toast no matter who was pres.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies