Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 11:24 AM

35,083 posts, read 31,331,023 times

Advertisements

It seems like each day we're greeted to some new eye-popping crime these days where someone ends up dead, and it always seems to be about race. Is race first and foremost on all minds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 11:52 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Very few murders are race based. The ones that are get a lot of attention especially when it is white on black.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:11 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,004 times
Some people would love nothing more than to have people believe race is the most important thing. I suppose it is easier to start a fight than it is to just live and let live.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:18 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Race relations have always been simmering in the US. There is a real problem out there when a black guy can't get a taxi in NYC because he is black for example.

I think the media prompted by the white house is reporting more on white on black crimes while they ignore black on white and black on black crimes including murders.

It is true that Black lives matter but so does other lives they just don't report it.

The masses have been trained to think about race. When I hear about a police shooting my first thought is "I sure hope it wasn't a white cop and black perp."
What is funny is how the dead black perp. is perceived. There are so many people that automatically blame the cop no matter if the dead black guy was attacking or had a long rap sheet of crimes.

People need to be aware of race but we don't need to be beat over the head by it. We all need to consider the deeds and words of a person before thinking about the colour of their skin.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:28 PM

28,903 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
It seems like each day we're greeted to some new eye-popping crime these days where someone ends up dead, and it always seems to be about race. Is race first and foremost on all minds?
me personally, I don't believe it is, but a whole lot of people out there make it so....

you can't dictate to people how to think and feel, the more you do, the more they rebel...society, is like a child, willing to defy, just to see how far they can go, and unfortunately, many are loosing their lives, but even more pathetic, is....that innocents are loosing their lives b/c of it.

Do what you want to yourself, but when you start hurting others, to prove a point, that's when you become a menace to society.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:41 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Quote:

Only to those who make a living on it. Let's be realistic. Anyone who works for a living doesn't have the time to become an activist. Which leaves us to ponder just who makes up the ranks of organizations like Black Lives Matter, and the demonstrators/rioters in Ferguson and Baltimore.

Seems like they have a little too much free time courtesy of Uncle Sam, as they bite the hand that feeds them (irony).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
me personally, I don't believe it is, but a whole lot of people out there make it so....

you can't dictate to people how to think and feel, the more you do, the more they rebel...society, is like a child, willing to defy, just to see how far they can go, and unfortunately, many are loosing their lives, but even more pathetic, is....that innocents are loosing their lives b/c of it.

Do what you want to yourself, but when you start hurting others, to prove a point, that's when you become a menace to society.
...and just as bad as (if not worse than) the people they are mad at.

Old 08-31-2015, 12:50 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
Some people would love nothing more than to have people believe race is the most important thing. I suppose it is easier to start a fight than it is to just live and let live.
Their is no money and power to be had in live and let live.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:14 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,839,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Their is no money and power to be had in live and let live.

You are absolutely correct in that regard. I'm all for making money and getting rich, not that I have much of a chance, but we need to be able to collectively come up for air once in a while. The media have their foot on our head while we are drowning in the crap they put out.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:32 PM

21,151 posts, read 19,736,448 times
Liberals have a hard time accepting that people are all equal because once they do so they no longer have any excuse to impose social justice programs upon society (from which they make a lot of money administering). so they have to pretend like blacks are disadvantaged in society. They have to pretend like illegal immigrants are being forced to follow rules that everyone else isn't. They have to pretend that gay couples can't live happily ever after together. Liberals define themselves by their activism. If they acknowledge we are all equal, then they wil have to get real jobs and actually work for a living.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:18 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,903 times
Quote:
It is if the Democrats get their way. It's all they've got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies