Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2015, 06:51 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,393,969 times

Advertisements

Well, since Obama still hasn't gotten around to seizing all the guns, setting up the FEMA death camps, and implementing shariah law, I guess predicting that he'll start a nuclear war is the next logical step.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 06:59 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It's right after the part about the US Govt taking our money and redistributing it to others in the US, citizens or not.
Couldn't start those wasteful, unnecessary, wars of choice without those $$$, eh?

Old 08-31-2015, 07:26 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Since Mr. Cheney is older than me, then he surely remembers, as I do, of us children of tender years ducking under our little desks during the Atomic Bomb drills.

Make no doubt, the Soviet Union was the enemy of the United States. That one leader (Khrushchev, or however you spell his name) even threatened to 'bury us' while speaking to the United Nations.

Hence, there was a 'bomb race' between the US and USSR. At one point each nation had tens of thousands of nuclear weapons pointed at each other.

The US and the USSR entered into a series of treaties concerning said nuclear weapons. Did the Soviet Union suddenly become trustworthy? Of course not. However, it was felt (on both sides, for the Soviet Union did not trust the USA) that negotiations were better than war. Even in those olden days, there were ways to verify that the other side was holding up the various agreements.

Of course, even back in the 1960s and into the early 1980s, you had those who screamed that we cannot 'trust' the Soviet Union, and denounced any President that negotiated with the Soviets. "They will secretly build up their arsenal! They will develop new weapons!" Yet, reasonable people prevailed, the various agreements were entered into, and all turned out rather well (including, no nuclear holocaust).

Same with Iran. I believe that negotiating is beneficial. I also am persuaded by the demographic fact that the majority of Iranians are young and desire to experience what the world has to offer. As one article by a person living in Tehran noted, on Fridays the Mosques are attended by approximately 100,000 people: a small percentage of the city population. The Old Guard (i.e., those who were young in 1979) are now old and steadily losing influence. Many Iranians also are aware of how awful war is, given their experience with Iraq. True, the nuts are still 'in charge', but changes are in the air. As a youth I never, for one instant, thought that I would see the collapse of the Soviet Union, or the Berlin Wall come down. I now accept the thought that we will once again, perhaps in my lifetime (I am 60) see relations improve with Iran.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:52 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Always interesting to see the Muddleheaded condition of Bush Derangement Syndrome, Cheney Variant as diagnosed by Dr. Charles Krauthammer striking CD Moonbats.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 08-31-2015 at 08:05 AM..

Old 08-31-2015, 07:56 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Considering that Dick Cheney has been wrong about everything, forgive me if I don't lose any sleep over this.
What has Cheney been wrong about?

Old 08-31-2015, 08:01 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
While flying the banner of a nuclear war threat, Iran gets more money than it knows what to do with to continue their real war, their conventional war via proxies, that today, kills more people than a nuclear attack. When the iranian nukes are ready to launch there will be no targets remaining to obliterate.

To the Iranians, nukes are a straw dog used to rev up their regional war. The nukes are being saved for the USA and time is on their side.

The 100 billion$$ resets the clock. Any future sanctions put in place, 'if', Iran violates the treaty, will be meaningless and have no effect until the 100 billion$$ runs out. Not only that but the, cough, cough, coalition of countries could care less about nukes tomorrow, they want to do lucrative business deals with Iran today and would not suddenly halt their business with Iran in the event of a violation.

So iran gets to up their current war mongering, fomenting unrest and murdering Americans and other nationals, compliments of the obama caused gloabl warming which unfroze 100 billion in Iranian assets.
Iran's infrastructure alone needs a lot more than $100B, high unemployment, inflation and you think the first thing they are going to do is build a nuclear arsenal and attack the world.

There were 4 countries that did not sign the NPT that now have nuclear capability, Pakistan, North Korea, India and Israel and now we are worried about Iran. Seems to me that many countries acquired nuclear capability inspite of scanctions and I would be more worried about Pakistan.

Any time you hear "Cheny predicts" you should immediately change the channel.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:09 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There were 4 countries that did not sign the NPT that now have nuclear capability, Pakistan, North Korea, India and Israel and now we are worried about Iran. Seems to me that many countries acquired nuclear capability inspite of scanctions and I would be more worried about Pakistan.
But conservatives can't get any political mileage against the president with any of those other countries so they don't care about them. Which proves this has nothing to do with nuclear weapons and everything to do with politics. Anyone who believes otherwise is either fooling themselves or is too partisan to see reality.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:16 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,226 times
The Cheney's did not say Obama will be the cause of a nuclear war.

It is not nonsensical to suggest the current Iran deal could lead to Iran getting nuclear weapons which could lead to them being used by Iran. You may not agree with that appraisal of the deal. But some intelligent people who understand both foreign policy and Iran do agree it could happen.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:19 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
The Cheney's did not say Obama will be the cause of a nuclear war.

It is not nonsensical to suggest the current Iran deal could lead to Iran getting nuclear weapons which could lead to them being used by Iran. You may not agree with that appraisal of the deal. But some intelligent people who understand both foreign policy and Iran do agree it could happen.
and if we continue with sanctions it will happen more rapidly

Old 08-31-2015, 08:19 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,677,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Cheneys keep chirping on nonsensically. You can't make this stuff up.

Dick Cheney: Iran Deal Will Lead To First Use Of Nuclear Weapon Since Hiroshima And Nagasaki
Dick Cheney: Iran Deal Will Lead To First Use Of Nuclear Weapon Since Hiroshima And Nagasaki

Sent via BlinkFeed
Why do you care?

I swear, we don't need to bother watching the news for stories about the Palins, George Boooosh, or Cheney, the stalkers on the left sniff the very air for anything odious expelled by these people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies