Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 06:12 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,380,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Pigs would be the police and the blanket refers covering a dead body with a blanket.

"Pigs in a blanket" refers to dead cops in a body bag.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:15 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,419,656 times
Some people just aren't very bright....

Now the police will hang back even more, crime rates will go up even more, and blacks will be the victims of most of those crimes -- committed by other blacks.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:15 AM

19 posts, read 20,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAappraiser View Post
I was thinking about this issue just today and it really upsets me, but not for the reason you might think. I was raised in Cleveland in the 1950's and my father worked at a foundry in the "flats" downtown. Every day of my life I would hear his litany of racial crap about black people. After growing up and seeing more of the world and meeting all sorts of people I am proud to say that I overcame this upbringing and hold no animous (sp) toward any particular group, be they black, gay, hispanic, etc. I also raised my son to be completely colorblind and am proud that he is. However, when I see a group like BLM saying that my and my son's life doesn't matter, when I see a police officer executed for being a white cop, when I see the people in Ferguson rioting over a thug who we WATCHED rob a store on video and who charged a police officer, when I see all this those long-buried prejudices begin to rise up inside me and it PISSES ME OFF. I bend over backward so as not to offend anybody in my daily life, but these people are really trying my patience and understanding. Maybe if you don't commit most of the crimes, police won't target you. Maybe if 78% of black kids weren't born without a father in the home they wouldn't have such a high incarceration rate. Maybe if you would focus on the 95% of black young men who are killed by other black young men, things could change. When you point your finger at the white man, there are three more pointing back at you. All lives matter.
Your information is highly inaccurate. I've included a link to the FBI's data (2012) at the end of my post, which breaks down the type of crime by race. You will see that no racial group is committing all or most of the crimes. In fact, per FBI data WHITES surpass other races in criminal activity; forcible rape, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny theft, motor vehicle theft, etc. The stats for murder and non-negligent manslaughter, are so close, it's maddening that you and people like you actually believe Blacks are violent criminals.

You simply cannot believe everything you see on the news. Yes, crimes are committed and there is no excuse for that, however the information the news presents only show Blacks committing crimes, not other races. So people believe that is all that Black people do....It's sensationalism and only exists to cause division. And yes, usually there is usually a "white man" or person who does make decisions that affect black people's lives. Did you not read about the judge (White) who was sentenced for jailing thousands of adults and juveniles (linked included below)? Blacks are the highest population within the jail/prison system, yet Whites commit more crime? Does this make sense? No, it does not. Yes, Blacks ARE targeted by the criminal justice system while Whites are typically given a pass. Therefore BLACK LIVES MATTER. It's sad that we need a movement to address the lack of accountability of civil rights when all people should be treated the same in the eyes of our society and the law per the constitution.

Lastly, to address your statistics of black/single mothers raising children. The father of my two children left 8 years ago. One of my children attends a state university (her second year) and is an honors student. The other child is also an honors student, attends the same top 10 high school his sister graduated from and is receiving college credits for a few of his courses. We have experienced racism and prejudice along the way but we persevere despite the challenges.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...decoverviewpdf

Judge Sentenced for Selling Kids into For-Profit Prison

Old 09-01-2015, 06:23 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,419,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream View Post
Your information is highly inaccurate. I've included a link to the FBI's data (2012) at the end of my post, which breaks down the type of crime by race. You will see that no racial group is committing all or most of the crimes. In fact, per FBI data WHITES surpass other races in criminal activity; forcible rape, aggravated assault, burglary, larceny theft, motor vehicle theft, etc. The stats for murder and non-negligent manslaughter, are so close, it's maddening that you and people like you actually believe Blacks are violent criminals.
Blacks commit a disproportionately high number of crimes relative to their percentage of the population.

If BLM had any sense, it would not have used Michael Brown -- a proven thug -- as its poster boy.

And it would not be celebrating the murder of innocent police officers!

That seems like a pretty obvious thing to me...

I mean, really!

Am I wrong about this?

I don't think so!

BLM is not doing law-abiding, responsible blacks any favors.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:32 AM

17,389 posts, read 11,940,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Black Lives Matter is a hate group pure and simple.
Domestic Terrorists, more like it.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I find it ironic that in the video the OP posted the one person leading the chant is a white woman!
Bill Ayers 2.0.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:39 AM

887 posts, read 1,210,327 times
Just heard the latest mob activity in MN was not even covered one bit by MSM. No surprise there with the enablers.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream View Post
No. That's not true. The Black Lives Matter movement is a really simple concept. Black people feel that their lives matter as much as any other race in America, however that is not our reality. The BLM is not about Black lives violated by the criminal justice system whether we have a criminal background or not, we are American citizens with rights. The young white man who killed several people worshipping in a black church was taken to a restaurant and fed a meal before he was taken to jail.

The criminal background issue-all races commit crimes and have "undesireables" in each ethnic group. Once, you get past who is a thug and why you believe they deserve to be treated as "less than" other people, you will realize that we are talking about real, live, breathing people who deserve the same rights as any other person. The problem is that the music, lifestyle and culture attributed to many of the people who have suffered under the hands of officers and the legal system is problematic. Namely, because it promotes violence, many do not feel ire when the civil rights of these people are violated.
So you think the killing of an innocent white police officer is justified. Noted.

For the record, Dylann Roof was given a burger to eat when he complained about being hungry. A courtesy that might have been afforded Michael Brown, after committing his crime, if he hadn't tried to kill the innocent police officer.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:41 AM

887 posts, read 1,210,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I find it ironic that in the video the OP posted the one person leading the chant is a white woman!
It's called white guilt. It's also an easy way to show how progressive you are compared to the other unenlightened white kids your age.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:43 AM

19 posts, read 20,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Blacks commit a disproportionately high number of crimes relative to their percentage of the population.

If BLM had any sense, it would not have used Michael Brown -- a proven thug -- as its poster boy.

And it would not be celebrating the murder of innocent police officers!

That seems like a pretty obvious thing to me...

I mean, really!

Am I wrong about this?

I don't think so!

BLM is not doing law-abiding, responsible blacks any favors.

Let's take a deep dive. Cumulatively, Whites typically have higher levels of education and income due to generations of opportunity/wealth. Taking this into consideration with the percentage of population why does White crime surpass that of other races?

BLM, is a movement that has merit. Mike Brown has no criminal record. The rumor comes from a search which returned a different Michael Brown, which was not the unarmed teenager killed by a police officer. Per USA Today: " St. Louis County Prosecutor's office confirmed that Brown had no prior misdemeanors or felonies against him.) Here is the the link for you to read: Michael Brown had no criminal record, police say

So YES, you ARE wrong about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.