Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:26 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,423,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Because if women walked around without shirts on, men would get "excited" if you know what I mean.
I think this is the reason alot of Muslim women are forced to cover up so much. To spare the men from having to behave themselves. Ridiculous!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2016, 06:29 PM

44,257 posts, read 64,062,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I think this is the reason alot of Muslim women are forced to cover up so much. To spare the men from having to behave themselves. Ridiculous!
They are forced to cover up bc they are property.
They don't want other dudes to take a sip of their soda, if you get my drift.
This is MINE and for MY EYES only.
Lots of dudes do it - it's not just a Muslim thing.
How many bar fights have started bc a dude looked at another dude's chick?

Also, it pushes the woman down even more to be controlled like that and makes them more compliant.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:36 PM

9,842 posts, read 7,579,801 times
Public nudity should be legal in areas where food is being served, a healthcare environment, and Federal/State/Town buildings. Should leave it to the discretion of businesses if they want naked people in their stores, Churches can utilize discretion, and Private schools as well.

Sex in public should be legal as well, but the act with due diligence can not be openly out in public and best to make it discrete. Also can not have sex within k to 12 schools, within x amount of distance from k-12 schools, in federal/state/town buildings, and x amount of distance from federal/state/town buildings.

At the discretion of the Church and Private organizations.

Sex with animals however, should not be prohibited and illegal. Only should be allowed with a consenting person of legal age.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:36 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,884,900 times
I'm OK with breasts, male or female, I just don't want to see those men things swinging around. Yech!

Old 07-05-2016, 07:07 PM

285 posts, read 260,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
Because bare women's breasts are highly sexually stimulating, and men's are not.

Check your pulse!
Hey, I'm bi. Who told you that lie?

Mens bare chests, especially (for me) a nice black man in shape, got me trying to turn my head and look while driving. I love chocolate men.

Womens breasts, on the other hand, are not naturally highly sexually stimulating, but American media uses it for literally everything BUT feeding a child, as nature intends. So I think if you can deal with a woman in a bikini eating a burger on TV at least 20 times a day, surely you can stand a woman walking down the street for five minutes of your life.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:12 PM

15,582 posts, read 7,464,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTK View Post

Mens bare chests, especially (for me) a nice black man in shape, got me trying to turn my head and look while driving. I love chocolate men.

Womens breasts, on the other hand, are not naturally highly sexually stimulating, but American media uses it for literally everything BUT feeding a child, as nature intends. So I think if you can deal with a woman in a bikini eating a burger on TV at least 20 times a day, surely you can stand a woman walking down the street for five minutes of your life.
Nope, I do not believe that they can. Women have been arrested for breastfeeding their infants in public, citing indecent exposure. There is a hateful glare some women will give other women, even if that woman is in the women's restroom, breastfeeding her child. So it isn't only men but women as well that object to seeing (or is it just the act of breastfeeding?) a woman's breast in public. imho, it is because (socially ingrained) men find them sexually appealing.

I knew I had read about a case in NC that a woman was arrested for breastfeeding in public. While looking up to verify that, I came across something horrible that happened a couple of years back. NYPD Officer Kills Baby Following Breastfeeding Argument | National Report

And here's the case in NC: Woman Told to Stop Breast-feeding in Courtroom -- The Cut
"But the law in North Carolina says this is all fine: Women can breast-feed in any public or private place they're allowed to be, without covering up."

Now maybe if more women found men's chest to be sexually appealing they'd have to cover up too; keep you from having a fender bender.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:19 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,062,941 times
Because breasts are for milk
Because breasts are accepted generally as erotic
Because men lose all objectivity when it comes to testosterone

Naked women create controversies and confusion...and allow weenie waggers to come out of the closet

When I worked Zuma beach and the 'bu.... we would cite for nudity all the time in a hidden pocket beach... when the woman being cited objected no one was around I would point to the top of the bluffs where men would be masturbating... and yes..we would definitely get them too...

Old 07-05-2016, 08:19 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,398,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Before the 1930s it was illegal in this country for men to be shirtless as well.

I think within the next generation we will be ready in America to start talking about public nudity and what is acceptable. I think by 2050 we will at least have female shirtlessness legalized if not full nudity for both sexes.
Cool...I'll be 91 years old....

Old 07-05-2016, 08:23 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,721,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTK View Post

Yeah who said men's chests can't be sexualized? I'm a straight woman but a guy with nice pecs... Well you know. I'm more into nice arms and broad shoulders personally though, but whatever floats your boat

I personally would never be shirtless in public if it was "acceptable" it's just weird to me. Granted being socially acceptable for me to go out without a bra on would be an even better step. As long as the girl is wearing at least a pastie (so the nipples don't poke through the shirt) then I'm all for it. I have small breasts anyway so I don't need a bra... Bras suck and they are uncomfortable. I really don't think women are going to be topless all the time like men are, but at least for breast-feeding and the whole no bra thing, I can live with that. Women and men are different, but equal.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:46 PM

9,881 posts, read 9,485,129 times
ok the ones who are going to go naked on top are the ones that you probably dont want to see.. granny, your fat uncle, anyone with saggy boobs, and not all boobs are attractive, some have stretch marks and they are not all pretty. and then they would get in your food, like when you are eating, there is nothing holding them down, so they will fall in the person's food and make a big mess. plus if that person has not worn deodorant, or else its wearing off, a lot of sweat is gonna get on stuff, do you really want that? also their bare back is gonna touch the seat that you are going to sit on when you sit down for lunch, you sure you want that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies