Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2015, 06:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well. It's going to be hard to do that job from a jail cell. Perhaps the problem will take care of itself.
I bet the people of the County, protect her from any oppression.
No one is keeping gay people from being, gay. I don't get government affirmative action, and gender quotas, either. Remember, the Progressives made it so only government can create winners and losers, for votes.

I agree that if one person gets it from government(all forms of government), every single person should get the same exact thing. Or government not get involved at all.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:02 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why don't you get right on that.....

BS... Like Scott Walker. You can have a recall vote.

She doesn't have a job. She is elected, not hired. BIG DIFFERENCE.
She can only be removed by a County Judge, after due process. Even the State cannot remove her.
yeah, we will, tomorrow when she answers to a judge as to why she should NOT be held in contempt of court. she's already being sued by both gay and heterosexual couples. I can only hope they make her life a living hell Couldn't happen to a nicer hypocrite.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:02 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Imposition of a fine for not doing something is a form of coercion, come on now Just admit you only agree with forcing people to do something only when they coincide with your beliefs.
I had insurance before the ACA, so nothing changed for me. I don't believe I have stated my opinion of the ACA here.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
why cant somebody else in her office issue the license, she could sign a stack of blank ones and let somebody else do the dirty deed
Because she has not authorized anyone else to do so, and in fact has ordered her staff not to issue any licenses based on her beliefs.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:05 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
For the ignorant masses out there.... She is not a hired employee, with a job

She is an elected official. Elected to serve those that elected her to office.

The way it is set up, you make it so she doesn't get re-elected. That is how you fire a public servant.
You cannot just remove a public servant from office, with force. This is not the days of reconstitution of the south, with federal appointed people. Put in place of elected officials.
A judge CAN order her to resume performing her sworn duty as County Clerk. That judge can then find her in contempt if she refuses. I don't know what happens at this County Clerks office if the County Clerk is jailed and unable to perform her duties. I would assume that there is some kind of contingency in place for this possibility. Keep in mind that the judge can keep her in jail until she complies with the order of the Court.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:05 PM

Quote:
I bet the people of the County, protect her from any oppression.
No one is keeping gay people from being, gay. I don't get government affirmative action, and gender quotas, either. Remember, the Progressives made it so only government can create winners and losers, for votes.

I agree that if one person gets it from government(all forms of government), every single person should get the same exact thing. Or government not get involved at all.
The people of the county can't protect her from a judge holding her in contempt of court and having her arrested.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:06 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,554,547 times
it must be really confusing to the cons/religious nuts to find themselves defending a democrat lol

Old 09-02-2015, 06:07 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Example?

I know, the civil rights act is such a B!

Again, that darn civil rights act, and anti-discrimination laws!

How about if your religion forbids you from doing something or selling something, then don't sell that product or service?

Remember, Force always creates resentment.
What was slowly evolving, turned into forced.....

Only government can force another man, to do everything against his will, or kill them.
The reason we had the US. Constitution.... To prevent government from using force against it's own people.

A clue for the clueless:
Freedom = Choices
Liberty = The ability to make your own choices.

Eliminate the choices. = government
Eliminate the ability to make that choice. = oppression

Old 09-02-2015, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Remember, Force always creates resentment.

Only government can force another man, to do everything against his will, or kill them.
The reason we had the US. Constitution.... To prevent government from using force against it's own people.
I don't care for anarchy, sorry. Laws are important when living in a civilized society.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:10 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Example?

I know, the civil rights act is such a B!

Again, that darn civil rights act, and anti-discrimination laws!

How about if your religion forbids you from doing something or selling something, then don't sell that product or service?
I see he admits that liberals force people to engage in behaviors they wish not to. He agrees with me. Of course he believes that the values of liberals are right and coercion is justified to make others behave. That is the same belief social conservatives have.

Business owners, thanks to liberals, no longer have the option of not selling a product or service that violates their beliefs. Not without fines or losing their entire business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies