Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 10:57 AM

18,986 posts, read 8,998,054 times

Advertisements

Great tweet: "The Bible [according to Kim Davis] teaches us that "traditional marriage" is between one woman and as many different men as possible."

I'd say that sums up Davis's colossal hypocrisy pretty well. Five minutes to the court appearance and the scene outside the courthouse is pretty chaotic.

WATCH: Chaotic scenes outside courthouse as Kim Davis supporters scream at LGBT rights supporters

Old 09-03-2015, 10:57 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,624,194 times
If you're interested, you can get live access to the local ABC feed through Towleroad - News with Homosexual Tendencies (gay site if that matters to you - doesn't matter to me).

Looks to me like a couple hundred outside the courthouse, my guess is that the inside is packed. Chanting and counter-chanting, sound is too poor and my hearing is too poor to follow it.

Looked for the live feed directly from WHAS, but didn't see it.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:00 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,735,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
If you're interested, you can get live access to the local ABC feed through Towleroad - News with Homosexual Tendencies (gay site if that matters to you - doesn't matter to me).

Looks to me like a couple hundred outside the courthouse, my guess is that the inside is packed. Chanting and counter-chanting, sound is too poor and my hearing is too poor to follow it.

Looked for the live feed directly from WHAS, but didn't see it.
Twitter feed.

This station has a crew on hand, too.

Rowan County clerk Kim Davis to appear in federal court Thursday

Old 09-03-2015, 11:00 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,451,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Great tweet: "The Bible [according to Kim Davis] teaches us that "traditional marriage" is between one woman and as many different men as possible."

I'd say that sums up Davis's colossal hypocrisy pretty well. Five minutes to the court appearance and the scene outside the courthouse is pretty chaotic.

WATCH: Chaotic scenes outside courthouse as Kim Davis supporters scream at LGBT rights supporters
Except that the person tweeting this is a liar, as leftists routinely are these days. Kim Davis never taught or said any such thing. And she was divorced four time BEFORE she became a Christian.

But of course the lying leftists on the internet and on the cable news channels probably failed to mention that, didn't they?

Old 09-03-2015, 11:01 AM

659 posts, read 1,752,948 times
She still has a job because this entire circus act is about grandstanding and making money. It has absolutely nothing to do with her faith (despite what she claims). If it truly were about her faith and feeling like a Supreme Court ruling suddenly put her job at odds with her religious beliefs, she would've resigned the day the ruling came out. Period.

I travel a lot for my job - it's a required function, and I get reimbursed for any out of pocket expenses. If my employer sent me a notice telling me that for budgetary reasons, they were no longer going to reimburse any of my work-related travel expenses, I would be livid, and I would quit.

I would probably pursue some kind of legal action, but regardless of whether I did or did not pursue legal action, and regardless of the outcome of any legal action (even if I was proven to be justified in my anger and my employer was proven to be wrong/unlawful in their decision to stop reimbursing my travel expenses), I would never want to continue working somewhere that so abruptly changed a policy that negatively affected me.

And that's just gas receipts, people. If it were something much more serious - something that I felt was immoral or unethical... I DEFINITELY would never want to work in that place again - even if a court proceeding forced them to change their policy back to what it was.

If her line of work had some humanitarian purpose, I might be able to at least pretend to believe that she was staying on the job for some higher purpose. But she's not feeding homeless children or constructing a water filtration system for some isolated African village... she's a county clerk. She has a desk job and pushes paper all day long. There is literally nothing that she does in that job on a daily basis that couldn't be handled by any human being with a functioning prefrontal cortex.

She's staying in her job (for now) because making $80K/year in that part of the country is like making FIVE MILLION dollars anywhere else. And the next closest job she'd be qualified for involves handing out menus at the local Big Boy for $7.25/hr. (my father lives there - I know that part of the country well...)

This entire stunt is a huge waste of time (and taxpayer money). She won't ever resign, she'll be given hefty contempt of court fees, which she won't pay (because the well-funded political machines who are orchestrating this entire thing will pick up the tab for her), she will eventually be removed from her position one way or another (it's already been referred to the Attorney General's office), she'll be replaced with someone who will start issuing marriage licenses again, the Supreme Court ruling will not be overturned/changed/modified, zeros of people will change their opinion about marriage equality, she'll get a lot of speaking engagements/book deals/interviews, and then... just like 2007 Britney Spears... the second the Crazy dials down, no one will care about her anymore and it will be like this never happened.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:13 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,221,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Imposing someones will on another person,(an elected official at that)by force and violence.
I advocate freedom and liberty, not government involvement. She cannot be forced.

1.) The County government cannot create a law that goes around the County Clerks signature.
2.) As an elected official, of the county, it is the people of the county that place her in office and remove her from office. Not some gay dude in NYC.
3.) All hell will breakout by the people of the county that elected her, to protect her in an open carry state.(ie, Cliven Bundy style)
4.) Faced with the risk of mortality, who will back down, in the land of, give me liberty or give me death.
5.) Patriots will defend from this County Clerks removal or reprimand, and especially oppression of her religion, which were part of her values of election.

You couldn't be more wrong. If someone wants to get married, under the law being their right, then they should be able to go through the process without someone imposing their fairy tale beliefs on them and subsequently denying them their RIGHT.

Her BELIEFS do not supersede another person's RIGHTS. Really - how complicated is it?

Old 09-03-2015, 11:15 AM

18,986 posts, read 8,998,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. If someone wants to get married, under the law being their right, then they should be able to go through the process without someone imposing their fairy tale beliefs on them and subsequently denying them their RIGHT.

Her BELIEFS do not supersede another person's RIGHTS. Really - how complicated is it?
Quite a number of posters here on C-D seem to believe it's the opposite--Christians' beliefs supersede everything else. Let's hope the judge makes certain Davis understands this is not so.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:18 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,624,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Quite a number of posters here on C-D seem to believe it's the opposite--Christians' beliefs supersede everything else. Let's hope the judge makes certain Davis understands this is not so.
Hard to believe he won't, since she has been disobeying his direct, formal, order to issue marriage licenses. That's pretty universally seen as a good way to p*** off a judge.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:20 AM

4,527 posts, read 5,114,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I back the free exercise of religion, as guaranteed in the Bill of Rights - the First Amendment to the US Constitution.

Apparently we have five Supreme Court Justices who do not. They should resign.
Does this belief extend to Islam?

Old 09-03-2015, 11:23 AM

46,797 posts, read 25,709,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Not to mention that if she were black, the leftists would be looking for all kinds of reasons to justify her actions. Heck, they would probably still support her if she said kill the gays, much like they do with the animals that promote slaughtering police.
"Look at this scenario I just made up in my head to feel better!" isn't much of an argument.

Be that as it may, this foolish woman is certainly setting out to confirm every prejudice I might have ever harbored about Kentucky. Took over the job from her mother and has now hired her son (and his wife) to keep the sinecure in the dynasty.

Married 4 times to 3 men. 2 children out of wedlock. Sets herself up as an arbiter of morality.

Last edited by Dane_in_LA; 09-03-2015 at 11:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies