Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 06:44 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknwhiterose View Post
In the last decade there has been an uprising in the homosexual community demanding not only equality in the eyes of the state, but acceptance in the eyes of society. Technically, these people are already living equal lives. They are not forced to pay extra taxes, eat at separate locations, be put on a list, etc. What they want above all else is OPEN homosexuality.

They want society to accept their extreme lifestyle. They want society to not look disgusted when two burly dudes are going at it in the middle of the street. They want everyone to consider two men raising a little boy as brave and heroic. They want everyone to think that bodily mutilation is a way of expressing your individuality.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say most of us are not homophobic. We don't go out of our way to ruin these people's day. The conflict occurs when these views are forced down our throats. The LGBTWXYZ community is delusional if it thinks a few protests and laws are going to change what people grew up with.

Now it's going as far as someone being thrown in JAIL because they do not support this movement. I'm not sure what the right call was. Maybe she should have quit her job, maybe not. There is one thing I do know though, and that is that this will never end. They will never be satisfied.
They specifically asked that she NOT be put in jail. That was totally and completely the Judge's decision.

He's probably tired of her antics as she's been given orders 3 times to do her job.

Personally, I'm a little tired of seeing her face and jumper on television. She should do her job or resign and we can all move on.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:47 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,315 times
Andy Borowitz today:

Republican Candidates on the Rule of Law:
IMMIGRATION LAWS: Must be strictly enforced.
MARRIAGE LAWS: Totally up to the clerk.

Interestingly, the people who talk most about religious freedom seem to only talk about one religion.

And my favorite:
Just to review how our government works: the highest court in the land is the US Supreme Court, and just above that is a Kentucky county clerk

Old 09-03-2015, 06:51 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
They specifically asked that she NOT be put in jail. That was totally and completely the Judge's decision.

He's probably tired of her antics as she's been given orders 3 times to do her job.

Personally, I'm a little tired of seeing her face and jumper on television. She should do her job or resign and we can all move on.
I agree. The judge was right to put her in jail for 'contempt of court'. As the old saying is, Ms. Harris hold the 'keys to the cell' by abiding by the Court's order. No one is keeping her in except herself. Of course, as I stated herein, I believe that she will make a lot of money by this stunt.

I will add, that her son being a deputy clerk seems a little odd. Not unknown, of course, but still....

Old 09-03-2015, 07:02 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,958,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I agree. The judge was right to put her in jail for 'contempt of court'. As the old saying is, Ms. Harris hold the 'keys to the cell' by abiding by the Court's order. No one is keeping her in except herself. Of course, as I stated herein, I believe that she will make a lot of money by this stunt.
She may go speak at some of the more hardline evangelical churches, but Ms. Davis doesn't strike me as the type to start writing books and parlaying this into becoming a professional talking head. I get the impression that she thinks that she's being a martyr, but is in fact being used by Liberty Council. They'll drop her and move on once this becomes old news and they've raised gobs of money through donations.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:10 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,524 times
On Twitter:

Sitnexto Kim Davis
@nexttokimdavis

I sit next to Kim Davis. This was supposed to just be a chill job. Gd it, Kim.

F'ing Rowan County Kentucky

Quote:
MY RELIGIOUS BELIEFS ARE NOT TO HAVE @MSNBC EMPTYING THE CANDY BAR MACHINE. WHY DON'T I GET THOSE
Quote:
Sorry. Todd just married his stapler to a picture of She-Hulk.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:15 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Actually it would probably be the opposite -- if she were black she'd be less likely, not more, to be fired. Being white, one can't claim racial discrimination.
Classic case of white victimization syndrome. Black, white or purple can sue on the basis of racial discrimination in fact white people have one a number of major Supreme Court cases based upon racial discrimination against white people. So can we get over this?

Old 09-03-2015, 07:19 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,257,302 times
She's a hypocritical media *****.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:24 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Andy Borowitz today:

Republican Candidates on the Rule of Law:
IMMIGRATION LAWS: Must be strictly enforced.
MARRIAGE LAWS: Totally up to the clerk.

Democratic Candidates and leftists everywhere on the Rule of Law:

IMMIGRATION LAWS: Definitely should not be enforced, and Barack Obama is right not to enforce them.
MARRIAGE LAWS:
Must be strictly enforced.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:26 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
You're absolutely right. It's nobody's business but her own.

Likewise, she shouldn't be pushing her believes on others.
She isn't. She's simply exercising her own beliefs. And the last time I checked, she is willing to accept the consequences of doing so.

Old 09-03-2015, 07:27 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
She may go speak at some of the more hardline evangelical churches, but Ms. Davis doesn't strike me as the type to start writing books and parlaying this into becoming a professional talking head. I get the impression that she thinks that she's being a martyr, but is in fact being used by Liberty Council. They'll drop her and move on once this becomes old news and they've raised gobs of money through donations.
As the sages say: time will tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies