Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 05:35 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,854,983 times

Advertisements

Some of us blame the people who started it (those damn racists!!!), and also those who are the victims of it (those damn people getting raced on!!!). Trash on both sides of the same smelly coin. There are no actual "victims" in nature.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:37 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,854,983 times
My last comment makes it sound like I said, some people blame one or the other. What I mean to say is that both the oppressors AND the victims suck. Yes, both sides.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:07 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Oh poor you. With your black friends, the good blacks. Not those other blacks. You know, the bad ones.
I know..It's always the same old explanation..I have friends who are back and suddenly they expect to be labeled as NON-Racist...It's mind boggling but has been going on since I can remember!! Some blacks have become elevated..But given Politics of the day..I'm questioning just why?... These elevated black folk got their due to "Government" hand-ups..But these political guys continue to claim..Government has NO place?? It boggles my mind..

This actually reminds me..Many of those affluent guys in Congress benefited from such programs..Yet continue to CUT them..those lazy folks..and pass legislation to give Corp. and elitists to get the "Write-offs"..LOL SMAH..
Cong. Ryan did exactly what i spoke to..but got booted!! LOL He deserved it BTW~~ He constentaly said over and over again..His policies were too complicated..so won't explain....Point is as in Leadership of " Budget Chairmen." and well all know how sequestrations went forward...and discontinued programs!! Personally..He's a wonky person who just doesn't get it..that 90% of the populations are suffering with his CUTS!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Do you use the "N" word to describe a certain type of black person around your black friends?
Sure..most black folks have no problem with that term..As is always applicable..Is How it is said..Tone of when it is said..and WHY it was said...So puleeze..Blacks are not so 100% offended..unlike some who use one term >take offence and demand whatever....

So, really what's your point? Because in my lifetime I have heard many derogatory terms directed towards an "OTHER" and other than voicing objections..I never recalled gun's blazing? due to it??

Maybe I've been brought up a tolerant person..striving to get educated about issues..Yet somehow low- informations types continue to hype the age old things!! Man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
So you do admit that there are racist white people among you all? However, the popular narrative seems to be that blacks are making up claims of racism. In other words, there seems to be a conspiracy of like minds to discredit the claim of racism made by blacks. Yet, you are admitting that there are white racist among you.

Again, I submit that there are 5 whites for every 1 black person in this country. Thus, if 20% of whites held some degree of racism towards blacks (and I think that would be a conservative estimate), that is one white racist for every black person in this nation.....and keep in mind that there is a one-to-many impact between a person who is racist and those to be racist against. Thus, why is it so far fetched, mathematically, that blacks today are still greatly impacted by racism? Why is there this effort to discredit the claims of racism just because there are blacks who sometime incorrectly claim racism or purposely mislead that something was racial?

Racism is real and it has impact.
But..given new Political rhetoric..and a Black President..It's become almost norm today after half century plus of Legislations??? Causes me pause!! B.O. took that bandaid off that wound it appears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisaro TMF View Post
Why do some of you waste your time explaining racism to obvious racists that dominate this forum? Facts don't matter to a racist. Only in American can whites cause all of the historical race problems then turn it all around and Blame the victims.
It's as you said..Blame the victim..whether or not you victimized them or not..Kind has become a common occurrence, eh? Just love how LE -pre-empts their responsibility for murder as justified..BECAUSE the perp was so nasty!! SMH!!

Old 09-02-2015, 06:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisaro TMF View Post
Why do some of you waste your time explaining racism to obvious racists that dominate this forum? Facts don't matter to a racist. Only in American can whites cause all of the historical race problems then turn it all around and Blame the victims.
That's a big, fat FAIL!

I say that because so many younger Black dudes HATE it when 1 of their own tries to take care of business like as in talking proper, NOT trying to get all the young girls pregnant, getting an education either in a trade or college and so because in the eyes of their "bros" doing the right thing is acting "white". THAT'S straight up racism right there even tho the "keeping it real" hoot rat culture IS pretty much PWT culture.\

50 years ago many Black people FOUGHT for the right to education and now; it ain't the racist whites trying to keep them in their place, it's the racist Blacks doing a bang up job that'd make the KKK proud.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:34 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That's a big, fat FAIL!

I say that because so many younger Black dudes HATE it when 1 of their own tries to take care of business like as in talking proper, NOT trying to get all the young girls pregnant, getting an education either in a trade or college and so because in the eyes of their "bros" doing the right thing is acting "white". THAT'S straight up racism right there even tho the "keeping it real" hoot rat culture IS pretty much PWT culture.\

50 years ago many Black people FOUGHT for the right to education and now; it ain't the racist whites trying to keep them in their place, it's the racist Blacks doing a bang up job that'd make the KKK proud.
Let me guess....your read that opinion of yours somewhere and it sounded like something that you could use to deflect from the real empirical evidence of racism.

Old 09-02-2015, 06:45 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
Let me guess....your read that opinion of yours somewhere and it sounded like something that you could use to deflect from the real empirical evidence of racism.
Nope; I've seen things with my own eyes in life. Blaming "honky" for the Black man's failure in life is deflection for the real problems. If honky is the number 1 reason for Black people messing up; then please explain why the POTUS in 2015 is where he is instead of in the morgue or prison.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:03 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Nope; I've seen things with my own eyes in life. Blaming "honky" for the Black man's failure in life is deflection for the real problems. If honky is the number 1 reason for Black people messing up; then please explain why the POTUS in 2015 is where he is instead of in the morgue or prison.
because there is a concept known as anomalies and exceptions to the general rule. Explain to me how some Jews survived the Holocaust if the Nazis were really so bad

Old 09-02-2015, 09:27 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,365 times
Quote:
So you do admit that there are racist white people among you all? However, the popular narrative seems to be that blacks are making up claims of racism. In other words, there seems to be a conspiracy of like minds to discredit the claim of racism made by blacks. Yet, you are admitting that there are white racist among you.

Again, I submit that there are 5 whites for every 1 black person in this country. Thus, if 20% of whites held some degree of racism towards blacks (and I think that would be a conservative estimate), that is one white racist for every black person in this nation.....and keep in mind that there is a one-to-many impact between a person who is racist and those to be racist against. Thus, why is it so far fetched, mathematically, that blacks today are still greatly impacted by racism? Why is there this effort to discredit the claims of racism just because there are blacks who sometime incorrectly claim racism or purposely mislead that something was racial?

Racism is real and it has impact.
That's the WRONG WAY to look at things because of course there are going to be more white racists to black ones simply because of as you said how many more whites there are in the US than there are blacks. The more FAIR way of looking at things is how people BEHAVE based on their biases towards certain people. That is FAR MORE IMPORTANT because I believe almost everyone is at least a little bit racist or have some sort of bias in how they see and feel about certain people and its pretty near impossible to be 100% bias free.

So here's the thing. Even if many whites or non-blacks in general have a bias towards blacks, at least they DO NOT physically attack and harm black people for the most part. The same can't be said about blacks and how they treat non-blacks where black on non-black violence happens nearly every damn day. So you tell me which group of racists are more dangerous to other people? The white person who denies a black person a job based on skin color or perception that they may be a bad employee or the black person who see's a white person and robs them of their wallet or knocks them out for no apparent reason? Which do you think is the worse crime?

The bottom line is that even if alot of non-blacks have a bias towards blacks, at least most of them won't do black people harm unless they themselves are put in danger and they will simply stay away from blacks instead of dealing with their crap. The same can't be said for black people who not only cause crime and violence in their own neighborhoods, but they will also SPREAD OUT and do the same thing in areas that are mostly non-black as well. And THAT'S the difference between blacks and non-blacks when it comes to the bias' they have towards other people.

Old 09-02-2015, 10:28 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Sure..most black folks have no problem with that term..As is always applicable..Is How it is said..Tone of when it is said..and WHY it was said...So puleeze..Blacks are not so 100% offended..unlike some who use one term >take offence and demand whatever....

So, really what's your point? Because in my lifetime I have heard many derogatory terms directed towards an "OTHER" and other than voicing objections..I never recalled gun's blazing? due to it??

Maybe I've been brought up a tolerant person..striving to get educated about issues..Yet somehow low- informations types continue to hype the age old things!! Man!!
I don’t have a concern. I asked a pointed question to Quick Enough.

My point is, if you believe you’re going to let the “N” word fly out of your mouth freely around black folks, even your friends, you have something to learn. Anybody that believes this, is either ignorant to how most black folks feel or they’re lying… I seriously doubt they use this word in the presence of their black friends. And I doubt they have any black friend to begin with if they think this is okay..

Old 09-02-2015, 10:35 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,131,104 times
Quote:
because there is a concept known as anomalies and exceptions to the general rule. Explain to me how some Jews survived the Holocaust if the Nazis were really so bad
You just owned that poster!

Sometimes you hear the craziest stuff online..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies