Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 06:00 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I'll reserve judgement until A) it's determined whether or not he had a weapon and B) I want to see Mr. Flores criminal background.
I'm willing to take a wait and see attitude (what other choice do I have) but basing any judgement on his "criminal record" has absolutely nothing to do with the issue at hand. He could be a combination of Hannibal Lector and Charles Manson, but if he didn't pose an imminent threat to the officers, then all bets are off. Either he had a weapon, something that looked like a weapon or he didn't, that is the only relevant factor.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:09 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,357,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Would you not want to know whether the path of the bullet supports the officers' version of the incident? Another amateur sleuth?

BTW, an autopsy would also tell us whether the deceased had any drugs in his system, which is also a relevant question.
No silly, what' we want to know is why more police officers weren't called to assist in subduing the guy. You have one bloody guy that could have been taken down by several police officers if they chose to....

Even the worst criminal deserves his/her day in court to be prosecuted for their offense, no? My goodness. We are really doomed in this country.

Those animals should be locked up in separate units at the nearest prison...so they don't have time to corroborate their story and get away with murder.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:36 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
Whatever it is pretty clear to me what happened. It was murder.
And this is why they will have professionals -- people who actually know what they are doing -- conduct the investigation.
Precisely! Just what we need. Another expert witness who wasn't even there.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
Yes, let's wait for the an investigation by --- the same police department. Any guess what the outcome will likely be? Sorry but cops protect each other even the dirty, criminal ones.
Guess you've been a cop so you have the inside dope.

Old 09-01-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
No silly, what' we want to know is why more police officers weren't called to assist in subduing the guy. You have one bloody guy that could have been taken down by several police officers if they chose to....

Even the worst criminal deserves his/her day in court to be prosecuted for their offense, no? My goodness. We are really doomed in this country.

Those animals should be locked up in separate units at the nearest prison...so they don't have time to corroborate their story and get away with murder.
Speaking of silly, two cops, one individual. Whatever he was doing and possibly holding in the off screen hand, by all means let's ask him politely to hold it right there while we wait for more cops.

Speaking of silly indeed!

Old 09-01-2015, 07:59 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
I'll reserve judgement until A) it's determined whether or not he had a weapon and B) I want to see Mr. Flores criminal background.
We don't decide whether or not to shoot someone based on their criminal record....

Old 09-01-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
"Kenneth Williams, a professor at South Texas College of Law in Houston and an expert on police misconduct, said he saw no justification for the shooting. “It appears that the victim had his hands in the air at the time that he was shot,” Professor Williams said. “He clearly was not running away at the moment he was shot. Furthermore, he did not appear to be reaching for a weapon nor making any movement toward the officer that would have justified the shooting.”

“It’s very shocking and looks very bad,” said Nelson Wolff, the county judge and its highest elected official. “I’ve been in this position for 14 years, and I’ve never seen anything like it.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/01/us...shot.html?_r=0

Old 09-01-2015, 08:11 PM

601 posts, read 460,018 times
Where are all the bleeding heart types who offer condolences to the families of slain cops. There are other threads on this board where posters seem to think families deserve respect, yet nobody is rushing to this thread.

Old 09-01-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotcall View Post
Where are all the bleeding heart types who offer condolences to the families of slain cops. There are other threads on this board where posters seem to think families deserve respect, yet nobody is rushing to this thread.
I would not offer condolences to slain or injured police officers on City-Data forums, what kind of sense would that even make?

Old 09-01-2015, 08:36 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,580,593 times
Well then, my condolences to the family and the close friends of the deceased in this video, and to the families and close friends of the 6 or 7 police officers who were slain in the line of duty this past week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies