Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 09:48 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ah, those are nearly dead Quebecois. What goes around comes around...Here in BC we are getting record numbers of American tourists... Good for our economy, by the way....So do do you understand now why our falling dollar is not necessarily a bad thing"

In any case I don't have to go far to have a vacation...I do it here on Vancouver Island..

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ncouver+island
Whatever turns you on; but Florida is perhaps the most vacation run state in the Americas.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:53 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,966,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
As I always say, don't let the gate hit you in the ass on the way out. How ever, if your an entitlement teet person I doubt they will let you in. They don't have open borders like Obamamerica does.

Just imagine how wonderful this country would be if all the whiners headed out to all those countries they envy so much.. It would be blissful here.
You sound hateful.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
You can't just walk in have babies and stay?
Sure can.

Canada and the U.S. are the only 2 countries in the developed world that have birthright citizenship.

Old 09-01-2015, 10:01 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Sure can.

Canada and the U.S. are the only 2 countries in the developed world that have birthright citizenship.
Another great reason to ship all the little Amigas North. Free healthcare and birthright citizenship. Hell I'm betting sansabelt would be waiting with arms wide open. BIENVENIDOS MUCHACHOS

Old 09-01-2015, 10:38 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Free health care? No, sir. They'll have to pay for it. Without a provincial health care card/ID, you get the bill. My taxes sure as hell aren't going to be paying for these folks.

Kind of a moot point anyhow. Mexicans don't do winter. They'll be back in the States before the first flake of snow hits the ground. lol

Old 09-01-2015, 10:44 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Amnesty from what? Here is a list of fees....There is no free lunch.. Fee list

Let me repeat:

It is gonna cost ya. Ya can't just sneak in and get welfare and amnesty.

We agree for once. You cannot have a welfare state and open borders. Are liberals wish to have both. They are pretty stupid. I am sure you agree.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Free health care? No, sir. They'll have to pay for it. Without a provincial health care card/ID, you get the bill. My taxes sure as hell aren't going to be paying for these folks.

Kind of a moot point anyhow. Mexicans don't do winter. They'll be back in the States before the first flake of snow hits the ground. lol
Uh yeah, us brownskins are in US cities all along the Northern border. Just like cucarachas were VERY adaptable.

FYI the brownies are comin whether you Canucks like it or not.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:06 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
I have a friend who is hard-core libertarian and spent a lot of time in Canada over the last couple years. He thinks that Canada is indeed much better managed that the US. We both have the leviathan welfare state now, but they don't have the degree of institutional corruption that we do. Our money goes to Washington DC, which is now the richest region in the US, and stays there. Their money actually gets back to the people. They do pay slightly more taxes, but they probably get more bang for their buck.

Just take K-12 education. We spend more per student then they do, but they are in the top 10 in the world in results, whereas we are in the mid-20's.

My theory is that there are 2 types of liberals. There is the true believer who will try to impose good government. Ralph Nader, for example. Then there is the rent seeker who is just trying to line the pockets of themselves and their friends (Hillary Clinton, for example). Canada seems to have more of the former category, and we have more of the latter.

Old 09-01-2015, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I have a friend who is hard-core libertarian and spent a lot of time in Canada over the last couple years. He thinks that Canada is indeed much better managed that the US. We both have the leviathan welfare state now, but they don't have the degree of institutional corruption that we do. Our money goes to Washington DC, which is now the richest region in the US, and stays there. Their money actually gets back to the people. They do pay slightly more taxes, but they probably get more bang for their buck.

Just take K-12 education. We spend more per student then they do, but they are in the top 10 in the world in results, whereas we are in the mid-20's.

My theory is that there are 2 types of liberals. There is the true believer who will try to impose good government. Ralph Nader, for example. Then there is the rent seeker who is just trying to line the pockets of themselves and their friends (Hillary Clinton, for example). Canada seems to have more of the former category, and we have more of the latter.
Gee, I wonder why?

Population by selected ethnic origins, by province and territory (2006 Census) (Canada)

Old 09-01-2015, 11:27 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Uh yeah, us brownskins are in US cities all along the Northern border. Just like cucarachas were VERY adaptable.

FYI the brownies are comin whether you Canucks like it or not.

Oh I know. There's a very large Mexican community in Detroit. I love going to Mexicantown! Mmmm. So good.

I'd think hey'd be here in greater numbers already though. Considering Mexicans make up 0.3% of our population, and the Latin Canadian population in general is only 1.2%,I've gotta tell ya, I ain't to worried about it. lol

But hey, if they want to do it legally, I've got no problem with it. You just do us a favour hold on to'em while we process their information. See if they're qualified and all that fun immigration stuff. Okay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies