Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 10:06 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The danger is that can mean is have power to kill stupid babies; perfectly normal otherwise. Its like we could determine who will be a success and contribute rather than be a dependent thus eliminate them. Future welfare child; eliminate that child. Never think that humans are not capable of that. in many cultures if a female they were seen as burden not a contributor .Same with old people .Often left to die or killed.
This is exactly why I fully support abortion in only 3 situations. Rape, incest and in situations where the child will be raised in a home that would likely lead to them become a perpetual victim (aka - a democrat).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 11:43 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
This is exactly why I fully support abortion in only 3 situations. Rape, incest and in situations where the child will be raised in a home that would likely lead to them become a perpetual victim (aka - a democrat).
By your own logic, why should the child become a victim just because the mother is ????

Old 09-01-2015, 11:51 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
The danger is that can mean is have power to kill stupid babies; perfectly normal otherwise. Its like we could determine who will be a success and contribute rather than be a dependent thus eliminate them. Future welfare child; eliminate that child. Never think that humans are not capable of that. in many cultures if a female they were seen as burden not a contributor .Same with old people .Often left to die or killed.

We should never forget Margaret Sanger and her racist controlling views and actions.

Yet some hold her up as some sort of heroine.

Old 09-02-2015, 12:00 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
You're in favor of aborting future Southern right-wingers?

Who will carry the teabilly baton when the old generation dies out?

Old 09-02-2015, 12:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
As long as women abort within the lawful time parameters, I don't care about the reason for aborting.

Old 09-02-2015, 02:53 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You don't think most parents would prefer to have straight kids if there was a choice?
This is stunning. Alan Turing was gay. Do you know who Alan Turing is? He broke the Nazi Enigma code. Winston Churchill said Alan Turing made the single largest contribution to the Allied victory.

Churchill Said Turing Made the Single Biggest Contribution to Allied Victory

Old 09-02-2015, 04:48 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
I would support a woman's or parents' right to abort based on sexual orientation. Personally, I would not choose to have a gay or transgender child.

On a similar note, one of my co-workers has a daughter in her early 20's who got pregnant while in a rebound romance. She has no intentions of marrying the sperm donor. He has moved in with them, but is a loser part time landscaper with no career goals. And the reason she is keeping the pregnancy going is because she has endometriosis and wants this chance of having a baby. However in going forward with the pregnancy, her doctors warned her about the high risk for the baby having health issues. Recently, she was told by her doctors that the baby she is carrying has a cleft lip. Her family lives week to week as it is. So I find this young woman's desire to have a baby extremely stupid and selfish. And so the soap opera begins...

Old 09-02-2015, 05:50 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,276,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
right to abort yes, but that doesnt mean we think abortion in and of itself is a good thing, and thats the problem with this debate.

People dont seem to be able to distinguish between public governance and personal liability(beliefs).
So is that a "no?"

Quote:
I tried my best to make sure this was clearly a hypothetical situation, should I have tried even harder?
Frustrating isn't it?

Quote:
I'm currently all for any abortions or DNA changes in utero that will make a parent love a child to the fullest extent possible. Most who would do this are probably serious narcissists who shouldn't be having kids anyways, but that's a different debate....

I'm all for VOLUNTARY abortions of people with low IQs as well. It's a sad thing that there is so much hatred towards the poor and those with invisible disabilities in the USA. Why as a parent would you want to subject your kid to that? You can only "protect them" for so long until they come into contact with folks like on CD telling them what "leeches" they are and all that BS.

I think there would still be homosexual under this hypothetical because it's not a stretch to think that gays would want gay offspring. Hell, i think many people in social services and artists might also appreciate bringing a certain diversity into the world.

Old 09-02-2015, 05:52 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment
You don't think most parents would prefer to have straight kids if there was a choice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
This is stunning. Alan Turing was gay. Do you know who Alan Turing is? He broke the Nazi Enigma code. Winston Churchill said Alan Turing made the single largest contribution to the Allied victory.

So... parents would not prefer a straight child to a gay one, if such a choice was possible, because...

...Alan Turing was awesome!

Old 09-02-2015, 06:14 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

What does his gayness have to do with his smarts? Plenty of cryptographers are straight. And had he not been born, someone else would have broken the Enigma Code. Many were working on solving it at the time.

Again, his gayness was not the reason he solved the code. Your line of logic makes no sense at all. BTW Albert Einstein was not gay, nor is Stephen Hawking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies