Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 08:51 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,703,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X14Freak View Post
Multiculturalism is one of the vestiges of the Cold War. America wanted to prove to its non-white allies that it wasn't a racist so it opened up its borders and also pressured European countries (notably West Germany) to open up its borders to immigration. This was done to counter propaganda from the Soviet Union that capitalism was a racist ideology and that the US (and the West) was a racist imperialist country.
So... all those millions upon millions of immigrants who flooded in from other countries through facilities like Ellis Island long before the Cold War, they don't count?

Hm... I wonder why they wouldn't count in your eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 08:59 PM

25,579 posts, read 56,466,951 times
Default Winston Churchill Saw It Coming.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Such BS. Whoever occupies and CAN DEFEND land, owns and rules it.

For western Europe, that will be muslims in a generation.
And the US won't be far behind:

Read Winston Churchill in 1899........

Quote:
Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it.

No stronger retrograde force exists in the world.

Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome."

Sir Winston Churchill; (Source: The River War, first edition, Vol II, pages 248-250 London)
Thank God I'm 74. The Dark Ages redux......

Old 09-04-2015, 05:26 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,277,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Here's a nice short video explaining the future of the USA. You'll notice that we need immigration to support our society. As someone who lives in a city where the White population is under 30% and a region where it is not much higher I can tell you it is no big deal. We are all Americans or here trying to make a better life for ourselves and our families. The most xenophobic are usually the ones that live in the least diverse communities. I find reading these posts rather amusing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWTYZGM8e0g
Where I live, all the cities that have white populations that are under 30% are sh-tholes of illegitimacy and illiteracy with horrendous crime rates.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Started, when did it end?

The last time Europe got really all hot and bothered about multi-culturalism they nearly brought the whole world down around them and that was only 70 years ago.

The U.S. has been at war with multi-culturalism at every phases when a new immigrant group has entered the country.

The names change but the arguments are always the same.
WW2 was a continuation of WW1 and neither were reactions to multi-culturalism.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:55 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,736,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
And the US won't be far behind:

Read Winston Churchill in 1899........

Thank God I'm 74. The Dark Ages redux......
We have a one in four chance of surviving this century. These are our choices:

1. A reactionary Muslim dystopia in which tens of millions of people will be killed for being infidels.

2. A police state dystopia in which government and employers will tell you where to go, when to go, the rate which you can go, and the reason for which you can go.

3. An advanced tech dystopia in which artificial intelligence will render the majority of the population useless.

4. A society that will advance at a more cautious pace, both socially and technologically, retaining some degree of normalcy in the process.

The odds aren't good, I'm afraid.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:04 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,217,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
So... all those millions upon millions of immigrants who flooded in from other countries through facilities like Ellis Island long before the Cold War, they don't count?

Hm... I wonder why they wouldn't count in your eyes.
They became Americans. They cast off old world culture and Americanized their names and absorbed American culture.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:10 AM

14,186 posts, read 22,736,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
You can have a multicultural society if everyone exhibits tolerance towards others, otherwise it would be like releasing the Asian carp fish into the Great lakes; the other fish would cease to exist in a few years and the ecosystem that was sustained for centuries would be destroyed.

Just look at how Muslims treat Infidels (who are the original inhabitants) in Muslim majority countries today, where the Infidels are banned from holding positions of power in the Government, and are routinely tortured, raped, and murdered with impunity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU5z3pPFAgQ
You basically said, much more succinctly, what I said in the comments section of a story I read last month about anti-Islam protests in Australia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
In order for multiculturalism to work, there has to be mutual tolerance between all cultures involved. The moment one culture doesn't tolerate another is the moment multiculturalism fails. In general, Muslims do not tolerate other cultures, and they absolutely refuse to assimilate into the cultures of any non-Muslim country they immigrate to, which is why multiculturalism never works with them. In fact, many Muslims are openly hostile to other cultures, and will even resort to violence to undermine them, so not only does multiculturalism fail, but it becomes a suicide pact to boot.

As for "Islamophobia," there is no such thing, because a phobia is defined as an irrational fear of something, and there's nothing irrational about a fear of Islam, given the violent contempt for other cultures by many of its followers, and the justification of such violence by the rest. Those who want to blame the West or the Anglosphere have it ass-backwards. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and whatever anti-Islam sentiment there is in the world today is merely the equal and opposite reaction to the anti-everything-except-Islam sentiment that has driven Muslims to create chaos all over the world. The West and the Anglosphere aren't the ones who hate all other cultures; the Muslims are. If Muslims are that hostile toward other cultures or ways of life, they can all go back whence they came. Then again, whence they came has been ruined by the culture they're now propagating around the world.

Plain and simple, there's no point in anybody tolerating a culture that won't tolerate anybody else. And whether it's the Munich massacre during the 1972 Summer Olympics, the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Scotland, the terrorist attacks in the U.S. on September 11, 2001; the Bali nightclub bombing, the London Underground bombing, the Boston Marathon bombing, the Charlie Hebdo massacre in Paris; or a litany of other acts of premeditated, coordinated and catastrophic violence; the common denominator in all of them is Muslims who are violently intolerant of all other cultures around the world. At this point, being anti-Islam is a legitimate and rational form of self-preservation, and there's nothing wrong with it. I'm elated to see people in Australia beginning to take a stand against the metastasis of Islam.
Plain and simple, Muslim values appear to be irreconcilably incompatible with Western values, and your "Asian carp in the Great Lakes" analogy fits perfectly.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Hey, you are spot on. I just wanted to point out that Americans already celebrate Cinco de Mayo (even if it is not a big celebration in Mexico) and ""Salsa has now passed ketchup as America's favorite condiment..." Already happened.

The Best-Selling Condiments in the U.S.: The Best-Selling Condiments in the U.S. - BusinessWeek
St Patrick's Day: An excuse to drink green beer

Cinco De Mayo: An excuse to drink Margaritas and Dos Equis and pretend you are the most interesting man in the world.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:40 AM

62,889 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Of course, and we're notably entrepreneurial in a way other countries aren't. So what does that have to do with people drawn to watch soccer or practice Taiwanese traditions of eat hot sauce? That's a political philosophy. People can manifest those values in all sorts of different cultures.

Funny you speak in one paragraph about our deep culture of personal liberty, and then hound people in the next for not abiding by group think.

Personal liberty means people can speak whatever language they want and I pray you big government lovers don't take that away.

I find a lot of people who cry freedom the loudest really mean it in the most narrow of senses: white, male, straight, Christian in name if not practice, exurban / rural in cultural norms.

There's freedom loving cultures all over the world. I've lived with people from all different backgrounds my whole life and none struck me as more or less freedom loving. In fact, many immigrants are very passionate about freedom.

But what you want is a European-centric culture with all others as outsiders. You're walking a thin line here.
What a ridiculous and racist notion that we want our country to only be consisted of white, male, Christians. No one is saying that foreign languages can't be spoken in this country just that immigrants assimilate to our national de facto language out in mainstream. It's not about what we want it is what we are...and that is based on British, European culture. Immigrants make themselves outsiders if they don't want to embrace our culture and language. That's not to say that they can't practice their native cultures here but there is a time and place for everything.

There isn't a country in the world that wants to lose their national identity via too much legal immigration and certainly not via illegal immigration. Now I am done debating with you. It's useless.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:56 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,373 times
Quote:
Here's a nice short video explaining the future of the USA. You'll notice that we need immigration to support our society. As someone who lives in a city where the White population is under 30% and a region where it is not much higher I can tell you it is no big deal. We are all Americans or here trying to make a better life for ourselves and our families. The most xenophobic are usually the ones that live in the least diverse communities. I find reading these posts rather amusing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWTYZGM8e0g
Nah, it's the opposite. White people who tout the virtues of "diversity" usually live in lily-white communities. You're no exception to the rule, I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies