Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 11:35 AM

23,551 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But conservatives quite strongly insist that Iran will use the $100,000,000,000 to give aid to terrorists and build nuclear weapons.
Common sense based on past history strengthens that prediction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 12:13 PM

847 posts, read 766,922 times
people please stop repeating the 100 Billion figure.
Iran's Central Bank has said Un-Allocated Funds total to 29 Billion.

The U.S Treasury says about 50 Billion. It depends what you write-down.

This is a pretty good lesson in that once the media starts a miss-information piece people just keep repeating it.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:24 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Maybe we can make them a deal-lift sanctions if they accept all the "refugees" working their way to Europe.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:50 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post

This is a pretty good lesson in that once the media starts a miss-information piece people just keep repeating it.
Oh! Silly ol' us! We thought you were talking about some serious money there for a minute.

Iran's GDP is $406B - or is was until the US kicked in the above mentioned stimulus fund.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:57 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post

Why am I going to stop repeating it? Are you afraid to speak about how bad this deal is? Are you ready to stop being an apologist for Iran? Iran will be $150 billion dollars richer because of the West's weak hearted diplomats. Then when the region becomes even more turmoil, you will blame Israel and the West lol.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:52 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
lol, gawd I'm loving your satire; however, I think some of the posters took it as serious, judging from some of the replies.
You nailed it! I repped your post.

I was going to write about peaceful uses for ICBM's but decided Iran isn't going to use them for transatlantic passenger service.

Old 09-03-2015, 04:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But conservatives quite strongly insist that Iran will use the $100,000,000,000 to give aid to terrorists and build nuclear weapons.
No that would the Saudis who'll do that. You remember, Hillary$ buddie$.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:56 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Maybe we can make them a deal-lift sanctions if they accept all the "refugees" working their way to Europe.
I repped this post as an excellent out-of-the-box suggestion. Perhaps as I suggested in U.N. Should Provide for Desperate Refugee on Boats and at Chunnel Crossing maybe the U.N. could coordinate the efforts and add to Iranian funding. They're both idealistic organizations.

Old 09-03-2015, 11:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Anyone not recognizing Iran as a very real threat to the U.S. is either ignorant or delusional. Iran does not hide it's hatred of our country and will use every opportunity to promote actions detrimental to our national security.
They hate us for good reasons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
You pick and choose what lessons are to be learned and where they are to be learned from.

You didn't mention Munich, where pacification to a regime that was "no real threat to us" (Meaning Britain) was offered. Germany then had free choice to invade Czechoslovakia; Iran will now support Hezbollah. I'll leave it up to you to decide what Hezbollah will do with all that money and access to advanced weaponry.

You and Obama believe that The US is the problem. I predict that when the next real strike comes you will say, "America still has not learned one lesson from Vietnam to 9/11 to the financial meltdown", and will blame America for that, too.
Because we are the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Why do millions people from the less-advantaged regions of the world want to emigrate here?
For the same reasons that your ancestors came here from a "less-advantaged" region of the world.

But that's irrelevant. Why is it so important that every nation be a facsimile of ours?

Old 09-04-2015, 03:54 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I repped this post as an excellent out-of-the-box suggestion. Perhaps as I suggested in U.N. Should Provide for Desperate Refugee on Boats and at Chunnel Crossing maybe the U.N. could coordinate the efforts and add to Iranian funding. They're both idealistic organizations.
Oh, I put that up in jest. Iran isn't stupid enough to take on hundreds of thousands of unskilled, uneducated Muslims trying to escape from other Muslims trying to destroy them. They aren't stupid enough allow their country to be destroyed by uncontrolled, unmonitored immigrants that they can't afford to feed or support.

Iranian leaders go around chanting "Death to America" and call for the genocide of the people of Israel. They don't call for the destruction of their own country. That takes a whole special kind of stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies