Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 08:16 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
The European refugee crisis is beginning to show the fault lines in the EU.

"Denmark has suspended all rail links with Germany after police stopped hundreds of migrants at the border.
Danish police also closed a motorway between the two countries when some asylum seekers began walking north after being forced off a train."

Migrant crisis: Denmark-Germany rail links suspended - BBC News
I don't blame them. That would be like my neighbor declaring they will take all the foster kids in the city and then sending some of them over to my house to live. Yes, taking in the needy is good, but there has to be limits and among them is that you can't force others to join you in your savior complex.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:00 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
I'm as puzzled as why most of the pictures show able bodied men. Migration and refugees are very different circumstances.

I don't agree with restrictive religious cultures that want to come and get government provisions, while they continue their restrictive religious ways. If your city is bombed, that is a different matter. I think many of the former are trying to blend with the latter.

It will be interesting to see how the Swedes and Danes deal with (remain as liberal) the infuse of poorly educated and not willing/trained to work Muslims. I don't think the doctors and skilled technical types have a big issue relocating.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:36 AM

185 posts, read 196,331 times
I have not read up extensively about the plight of the refugees, but have read a few articles. My question is about Germany... Why does Germany want to take in so many refugees? Whats in it for Germany? Are they really doing it out of the kindness of their heart? If, so, I guess thats great, just kind of, well, amazing.

Old 09-10-2015, 10:53 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Migrant crisis: Photo of drowned boy sparks outcry - BBC News

While what is happening in Syria is absolutely horrible, Syria needs to be livable for Syrians. The West cannot continue accepting refugees and immigrants from Muslim lands without strict controls and proper assimilation.
It was the West who armed the Syrian rebels and allowed them to resist the government troops so well. If they did not, the civil war would have been over. But of course, dictators winning doesn't sound good or feel good on CNN and BBC....

Old 09-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
It was the West who armed the Syrian rebels and allowed them to resist the government troops so well. If they did not, the civil war would have been over. But of course, dictators winning doesn't sound good or feel good on CNN and BBC....
Does Saudi Arabia and Qatar count as "the west"? they have spent billions funding rebels... it has nothing to do with a "dictator" and everything to do with future energy sales. Suprised?
Refugees to Saudi and Qatar = zero

Old 09-10-2015, 12:19 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Admiral James “Ace” Lyons spills the beans - about Islamic invasions going on right now - - -
http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=51fe948515b4
. . .
Islam’s intent is to convert, conquer or kill.
The scriptures of Islam are unequivocal on that.

This video on Political Islam is very disturbing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y

. . .
POLITICAL ISLAM
Tears of Jihad (1400 years and counting)
Kafir Deaths (cumulative)
• Christians : 60 million
• Buddhists : 10 million
• Hindus : 80 million
• Africans : 120 million
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Total : 270 million
Source : Political Islam - Islam's ideology about unbelievers, Kafirs
(Not to mention the millions captured, enslaved and abused.)

Old 09-10-2015, 12:40 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Well Obama just ordered his administration to prepare to admit at least 10,000 in the next fiscal year.

Old 09-10-2015, 12:50 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,594,101 times
Given the obvious suffering endured by these refugee families, trying to use their situation as excuse to fuel anti-Muslim prejudice and fear … is simply disgusting ...

Old 09-10-2015, 01:44 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Given the obvious suffering endured by these refugee families, trying to use their situation as excuse to fuel anti-Muslim prejudice and fear … is simply disgusting ...
There is no prejudice in witnessing to the fact that Islam murdered 270 million over the centuries.
Read their scriptures. It's in there. Murder. Rape. Slavery. Deception. Pedophilia - and it's all blessed . . .

According to Islamic Scripture, the "Prophet" Muhammad consummated his marriage with Aisha when she was only 9 years old... but married her at 6.
I presume you think that such a thing is NOT DISGUSTING...
The "Prophet" is the perfect man, in Islam. Whatever he does is blessed and to be copied.

Nor are modern "honor killings" - nose slicing - amputations and other practices imaginary . . . Shari'a law is brutal.

But what is ODD - these Muslims are not seeking sanctuary in other Muslim nations - - - they are targeting rich European nations.

Last edited by jetgraphics; 09-10-2015 at 01:56 PM..

Old 09-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,133,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
There is no prejudice in witnessing to the fact that Islam murdered 270 million over the centuries.
Read their scriptures. It's in there. Murder. Rape. Slavery. Deception. Pedophilia - and it's all blessed . . .

According to Islamic Scripture, the "Prophet" Muhammad consummated his marriage with Aisha when she was only 9 years old.
prejudice and fear based on fact.. then there's this http://www.thelocal.de/20150626/refu...niform-modesty ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies