Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 01:42 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,521,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
No offense but you practically accused me in the thread you created about 50 dead refugee bodies found, of making false accusations and misrepresenting you.

But in fact I was correct, you do have an anti Muslim sentiment in many of your responses and portray them as savage invaders out to take over Europe. So I was right in my assumptions.

You are entitled to your opinions but no need to get upset when I rightfully call you out.
Sorry to disappoint you, this has nothing to do with Muslims, yet YOU keep bringing it up. These immigrants could be of any religion, it matters not one bit. That is the part you find so perplexing, you keep trying to make it a religious affair whereas I speak only about the immigration side of it, regardless of what religions the people hold. That is what sticks you in the side. So I ask you, why do YOU insist on bringing religion into this. Show me where I made this a religious issue and not as I have maintained, an immigration issue? I thought so. The only person you are calling out is yourself. Apparently you suscribe to the idea that all "refugees" are Muslim, that is the logic of your reply. That many of the immigrants are Christian never entered your mind, did it? Try again, this time see if you can post without using the word Muslim.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:43 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
If Germany and Europe can handle all these immigrants and the quality of living is soooo much better there, why is it that none of those saying all that jump and head over? Surely, if it is so welcoming and the Euro economies can handle all those refugees, there is plenty of room for those always saying how great it is there. Yes, pack up the families and head over. There must be plenty of jobs and the benefits alone should make you buy amplane ticket tomorrow. What? Immigration requirements? Poof of financial means? Small inconveniences for sure. Yes, then you too can have all the family leave, vacation time and health benefits you can use. What is stopping you?
Americans are not refugees fleeing war so the asylum application will be rejected.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:45 PM

847 posts, read 766,922 times
The pictures of this child peacefully lying on the shore disappoints one into future of humanity.

It is amazing that many political establishments around the world (the U.S, Saudi, Iran, Qatar, Russia, ...) are more than willing to send in weapons into Syria to protect their "interest" but no body is willing to accept the refugees that Syrian war has caused.

if one believes in morality what we have collectively turned Syria into is one of the most immoral situations ever.

4.5 years ago Syria was far from a perfect country, But at least 50% of Its population had not been turned into refugees.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:50 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Germany (population 80 million) is expected to take 800,000 Syrian refugees this year.

Meanwhile the USA (population 319 million) as of July this year has taken just 968.

Close the borders! It's a National security crisis!

These people are refugees fleeing from war, who need our help.

As one of the worlds wealthiest countries, the USA needs to be doing a lot better than this.
Normally I'd agree with you, but the Middle East is a giant fustercluck. Most of those governments don't give a crap about their own people, and feed them enough oil money and nonsense to keep them sedated. They certainly don't care enough to lift a finger to help the Syrians, people much closer to them in terms of culture/religion and ethnicity.

Per Capita Income for the following Middle east countries
Qatar - $143,532 (highest in the world)
UAE - $65,149 (7th highest)
Saudia Arabia - $53,149
Kuwait - $70,914
Bahrain - $52,515

How many Syrian refugees have these countries taken in? ZERO, that's a 0, aka goose egg, zip, zilch, nada en espanol.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-34132308

In this case, those people need to help each other before expecting help from other continents. It's just a matter of fairness. Their neighbors are anything but poor, and there's no reason the west, which has it's own share of issues should have to open their doors.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Americans are not refugees fleeing war so the asylum application will be rejected.
Who said the application would be one for asylum? What happens when you assume.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:54 PM

847 posts, read 766,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post
Normally I'd agree with you, but the Middle East is a giant fustercluck. Most of those governments don't give a crap about their own people, and feed them enough oil money and nonsense to keep them sedated. They certainly don't care enough to lift a finger to help the Syrians, people much closer to them in terms of culture/religion and ethnicity.

Saudia Arabia - $53,149
Kuwait - $70,914
Bahrain - $52,515

How many Syrian refugees have these countries taken in? ZERO, that's a 0, aka goose egg, zip, zilch, nada en espanol.

Migrant crisis: Why Syrians do not flee to Gulf states - BBC News

In this case, those people need to help each other before expecting help from other continents. It's just a matter of fairness. Their neighbors are anything but poor, and there's no reason the west, which has it's own share of issues should have to open their doors.
the countries you mentioned are run by our puppets.

if our government had the slightest inclination we would have forced to take some people. but we don't. because the "political stability" of those Sheik-Domes are more important for our government.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:55 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augiec View Post

Saudia Arabia - $53,149
Kuwait - $70,914
Bahrain - $52,515

Migrant crisis: Why Syrians do not flee to Gulf states - BBC News

Agreed.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post

if our government had the slightest inclination we would have forced to take some people. but we don't. because the "political stability" of those Sheik-Domes are more important for our government.
"Forced"? Sooner or later that little word always comes up.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:00 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsami View Post

Um, those governments are run by people who control oil. The price of oil is set by the market & manipulated by OPEC, the largest members of whom are generally in that region. Quit looking for a reason to blame us for a mess people in that part of the world created.

Did you not read the article I linked to? Those countries often import foreign labor from SE Asia. They could easily send those folks back and have Syrian muslims doing the work. The (unstated in the article, but anyone who has traveled there will tell you) issue is they don't want muslims doing the difficult, manual labor. It's discrimination, plain and simple...

Old 09-03-2015, 02:12 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,867,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Migrant crisis: Photo of drowned boy sparks outcry - BBC News

While what is happening in Syria is absolutely horrible, Syria needs to be livable for Syrians. The West cannot continue accepting refugees and immigrants from Muslim lands without strict controls and proper assimilation.
Round up all refugees, give them weapons, and return them to their homeland. Support them in their efforts to overthrow whatever despotic regime from which they eminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies