Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think race relations will get better or worse after President Obama leaves office?
Yes 51 67.11%
No 25 32.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 09:10 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
bla bla bla bla bla

Why do PROGRESSIVES constantly insist that it's racism?
Because they themselves are racist, e.g., the bigotry of low expectations, etc. They literally are incapable of thinking in any other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 10:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
We do not live in a country that possesses unicorns and rainbows. In fact not to long ago, business owners took down from their door posts, "No Blacks or Jews aloud". Race relations as you say is not the biggest concern, but racial economic inequality is the real concern at hand.
Economic inequality is tied to the issue of race...sure. But I'm not convinced that it belongs in the same discussion as "race relations." Poverty is higher among minorities by percentage, but there's no shortage of poor whites. Throw a rock in the air, and it'll easily land on a poor white person.

Still though, I get your point. However, I still don't see the big deal. We don't all have to like each other. I'm black, and I don't care if all white people do or don't like me. I don't care about what they think of me, what stereotypes they hold, or what they think about blacks in general. That's not important. That's their business.

I only care about my friends and family...but I RESPECT all people regardless of race, religion, or creed. That's why I don't have issues relative to race relations. If everyone did that, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's not as if we have to LOVE one another, right? I only love my family and friends. I'm incapable of loving anyone outside of that group.

People are making too big a deal out of this. But your point on economic inequality is taken.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:20 AM

2,423 posts, read 2,092,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Economic inequality is tied to the issue of race...sure. But I'm not convinced that it belongs in the same discussion as "race relations." Poverty is higher among minorities by percentage, but there's no shortage of poor whites. Throw a rock in the air, and it'll easily land on a poor white person.

Still though, I get your point. However, I still don't see the big deal. We don't all have to like each other. I'm black, and I don't care if all white people do or don't like me. I don't care about what they think of me, what stereotypes they hold, or what they think about blacks in general. That's not important. That's their business.

I only care about my friends and family...but I RESPECT all people regardless of race, religion, or creed. That's why I don't have issues relative to race relations. If everyone did that, we wouldn't be having this conversation. It's not as if we have to LOVE one another, right? I only love my family and friends. I'm incapable of loving anyone outside of that group.

People are making too big a deal out of this. But your point on economic inequality is taken.

My take is that the crux of the problem is the horrible understanding of the poor American. There is a stereotype that poor people are low class, uneducated, criminals, lazy, ect. History has shown that poor whites have had some favor in society over blacks. Back in the day, the poor black guy couldn't buy a burger at a particular restaurant, while white Willey could. Same economic situation but different race. Today its different but the theology is somewhat the same.

My take is that the horrific circumstances of the black family in America for generations has led to the African American condition today. Instead of understanding and helping, we victimize and talk about how uncivilized the black community is. This can effect how money can flow into certain programs dominated by African Americans, like HBCU's. Race relations are for the most part stupid and can be fixed almost instantly. Economic situation however, is tricky.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:25 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Race relations should improve after we get the racist out of office! Has anybody heard our current President go to the aid of any White person? We have had White Presidents go to the aid of Black and Hispanics.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMoreJuice View Post
My take is that the crux of the problem is the horrible understanding of the poor American. There is a stereotype that poor people are low class, uneducated, criminals, lazy, ect. History has shown that poor whites have had some favor in society over blacks. Back in the day, the poor black guy couldn't buy a burger at a particular restaurant, while white Willey could. Same economic situation but different race. Today its different but the theology is somewhat the same.

My take is that the horrific circumstances of the black family in America for generations has led to the African American condition today. Instead of understanding and helping, we victimize and talk about how uncivilized the black community is. This can effect how money can flow into certain programs dominated by African Americans, like HBCU's. Race relations are for the most part stupid and can be fixed almost instantly. Economic situation however, is tricky.
I agree pretty much with all the above.

And yes...poor whites haven't historically faced the same hurdles as poor people from minority groups. That does account for much of our present day circumstance.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Race relations should improve after we get the racist out of office! Has anybody heard our current President go to the aid of any White person? We have had White Presidents go to the aid of Black and Hispanics.
Lol...this made me chuckle.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:29 AM

88 posts, read 128,383 times
Once Obama leaves office he will be nothing more than an Al Sharpton on steroids...leading the charge on victimhood, hatred and bigotry. Not that he hasn't already been doing it his whole presidency.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:32 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,313,668 times
The country will remain segregated for the foreseeable future. The newsmedia and certain politicians will continue to push a narrative that black people are under constant oppression from white people. In other words, race relations will be about the same.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:10 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
The country will remain segregated for the foreseeable future. The newsmedia and certain politicians will continue to push a narrative that black people are under constant oppression from white people. In other words, race relations will be about the same.
I'm sure it will, but it is strides ahead of where it was 50 years ago unlike Muslim Egypt and Northern Africa has a history that is 1000s of years older than us and is still in it's infancy in addressing racial relationships. So much for Islam being so progressive Many 70s educated Leftist in general think that somehow this is specific to the US It was here long before this country formed but they would have you believe it started in the US

Being black in Egypt

ARAB RACISM AND IMPERIALISM IN SUDAN (AFRICA)

Old 09-26-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I'm sure it will, but it is strides ahead of where it was 50 years ago unlike Muslim Egypt and Northern Africa has a history that is 1000s of years older than us and is still in it's infancy in addressing racial relationships. So much for Islam being so progressive Many 70s educated Leftist in general think that somehow this is specific to the US It was here long before this country formed but they would have you believe it started in the US

Being black in Egypt

ARAB RACISM AND IMPERIALISM IN SUDAN (AFRICA)
Take all the cold comfort you want about what happened in some other country. Bully for you.

But the thread is about THIS country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies