Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 04:54 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
And this is what we'll get more of by allowing countless middle east refugees to come here.
America is slowly committing suicide by aquiesing to these alien forces.
Close the borders until we find out who is here already.
That's what "real Americans" said 150 years ago, when the Irish started immigrating to the U.S. It's what the Italians and Jews heard too from "real Americans."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 05:08 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
The hypocrisy of the right-wing, who stand behind Kim Davis, for not performing her official duties on religious/personal grounds but call for Charee Stanley to be fired, for upholding her beliefs.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:46 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Ridiculous! She took a job that requires her to serve alcohol and then refuses to do so.

Muslim flight attendent claims discrimination - CNN.com
Is she related to the nut-job in Kentucky?

Old 09-20-2015, 07:51 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
She and Kim Davis are both idiots who deserve termination.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:01 AM

19,113 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Is she related to the nut-job in Kentucky?
Only in that they are both religious fundamentalists who believe that their personal beliefs allow them to do (or not do) whatever they wish in their jobs.

Ultimately, there is little or no difference between the Sharia Law of the Muslim world and the type of Christian fundamentalist theocracy that Kim Davis and her supporters want to impose on all of us.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:15 AM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Only in that they are both religious fundamentalists who believe that their personal beliefs allow them to do (or not do) whatever they wish in their jobs.

Ultimately, there is little or no difference between the Sharia Law of the Muslim world and the type of Christian fundamentalist theocracy that Kim Davis and her supporters want to impose on all of us.

Well, there is a little bit of difference... Islamic fundamentalists universally want to kill anyone who disagrees with them. Whereas most Christian fundamentalists just don't want the "progressive" lifestyle forced on them personally. Most Christians are perfectly happy living and letting live, regardless of whether or not they agree with the other point of view.

What a lot of people don't understand is that Islam, as it's currently being interpreted, is a very violent theology. I've spent years in the Middle East and my experience tells me that there is a huge difference between modern Christians and modern Muslims.

Old 09-20-2015, 08:21 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,774 times
If the flight attendant wanted to follow her beliefs, there are over a half a dozen airlines that do not serve alcohol. She should have quit her job rather than get other attendants to do her job and apply to one of the airlines that are alcohol free.

When Kim Davis "found God" she should have stepped down since her beliefs interfered with her doing the job she was hired for.

Much ado about nothing other than people expecting organizations/government to bend the rules and accommodate their beliefs.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:01 AM

19,113 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Christian fundamentalists just don't want the "progressive" lifestyle forced on them personally. Most Christians are perfectly happy living and letting live, regardless of whether or not they agree with the other point of view.

Tell that to the "abortion doctors" who were killed by the fundamentalists who opposed the legal medical procedures that the doctors were performing. And, if somebody opposes the expansion of rights to others and actually wants to make it impossible for others to exercise their legal rights, then I would submit that this is not an attitude of "live and let live".

Old 09-20-2015, 12:45 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Well, there is a little bit of difference... Islamic fundamentalists universally want to kill anyone who disagrees with them. Whereas most Christian fundamentalists just don't want the "progressive" lifestyle forced on them personally. Most Christians are perfectly happy living and letting live, regardless of whether or not they agree with the other point of view.
and my experience tells me that there is a huge difference between modern Christians and modern Muslims.
Uh.

You cannot compare Islamic fundamentalists with most Christians. You have to compare fundamental to the fundamentalist. In that regard there is very little difference. Now and throughout history.
As someone whose ancestors were raped and slaughtered by both Muslims and Christians, I can tell you WE see little difference.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:27 AM

2,846 posts, read 2,969,008 times
I'm confused as I don't know what. Muslim this, Muslim that. Obama not protected for being called a muslim, Carson and trump chastised for not willing to accept a Muslim president but everyone is up in arms about a Muslim refusing to serve alcohol and even bill maher brings up the Muslim clock boy...

Ok talk to me now. Look me in the eye and tell me we are not a really confused america?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies