Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 08:19 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,535,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You're acting EXTREMELY liberal right now....oh wait, I can bold words too...

The question was, and still is: Was Davis a Christian BEFORE (let me bold that one as well), the ruling, or did she convert after it?

The flight attendant converted after she already had her job, and she ALREADY KNEW that she would have to serve alcohol.

To help you along, little one, the CONTEXT, the POINT is that it was implied that these two situations were the same.

No, they were not.

Now, answer the question, or go whine about flat landers in your New England thread.
I can see why you would get confused. You see, I believe all humans are created equal, regardless of who they have sex with.

They are absolutely the same thing. Terms of jobs, like religion, change all the time. Mine have in the past, no biggie. I learned the new skills and moved on. and if I didn't like it, I could have quit. it's called free will.

they're both religious freaks that have no business interfacing with completely normal people, like gays for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 08:28 PM

30,167 posts, read 23,565,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I can see why you would get confused. You see, I believe all humans are created equal, regardless of who they have sex with.

They are absolutely the same thing. Terms of jobs, like religion, change all the time. Mine have in the past, no biggie. I learned the new skills and moved on. and if I didn't like it, I could have quit. it's called free will.

they're both religious freaks that have no business interfacing with completely normal people, like gays for example.
No, you continue to miss the point of the question. It is NOT the same thing. It was stated that Davis was a "recent convert" to Christianity. MY simple question was, did she convert AFTER the ruling, and then try to use her religion, or was she already a Christian and part of her job at the time did NOT have her handing out marriage licenses to same sex couples?

The flight attendant, again, already had her job before she converted. It's not like the airlines told her AFTER she converted that she would have to serve alcohol, she already KNEW that because she had been on the job longer than she had been a Muslim.

So, no, it is not the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies