Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2015, 07:01 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Was Christ as rude as some of the Christian posters we have on City-Data?
Some think when Jesus cleared the temple he was being rude.......really!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 07:03 AM

5,734 posts, read 3,250,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Some think when Jesus cleared the temple he was being rude.......really!

also people seem to forget how rude and obnoxious many in the gay and lesbian community are when it comes to "their rights". but hey this is a group of people who act as if the world revolves around them and thrive on drama and when they are not in the spotlight, they start whining.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:10 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
Seriously?

1. being told to follow the laws that everyone has to follow is not persecution.

2. IRS audits are not christian persecution, anyone can, and does, get audited.

3.Found not guilty. People suing or getting sued is kind of how the legal system works.

4.Again, being told to the same laws as everyone else is not persecution.

5. Again, being told to follow the same rules is not persecution.

6. Christians got a policy removed and now can do as they please. Not persecution.

7. A class, in college? Really? The teacher was put on leave and no student was punished for not participating in a class exercise that he had been doing for 30 years.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
There seems to be two stories. One says she was not refusing others, she just didn't want her name on the license and she had already asked for it to be removed. I am sure this is not so easy, since her position requires her name on the license.

Over all not in just this thread....... Yet, someone can sugar coat their post to direct it at a certain group and it's okay. I would not have said anything if what was quoted wasn't said a thousand times before. Funny how "you people" can ask and the poster is silent on her post. If it was a Christian who did it, I am sure she would have proof, after all, only Christians use the Cross for vandalizing stuff.

I am sure you will be the first to step up when Christians are being told in their own business who to serve and not serve. Strange, a person can refuse to serve someone with no shirt and no shoes, but they have to ignore their faith.........the people have elected this woman, seems the people should have the say!

The one issue when Davis took her job it was under man and woman marriage......I am sure she is worried about losing her job, over her faith that has been protected before. Yet, these licenses where being given out before the law past, so those who violated the law before in place are innocent in their actions........... Why no jail time for them?
Businesses also can not refuse service based on race, sex, religion, age, and disability. What is the problem with giving others the SAME protections that Christians have? And the no shoes no shirt thing is a health code issue in some businesses and applies to everyone.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:13 AM

Quote:
also people seem to forget how rude and obnoxious many in the gay and lesbian community are when it comes to "their rights". but hey this is a group of people who act as if the world revolves around them and thrive on drama and when they are not in the spotlight, they start whining.
I didn't realize that Kim Davis was gay.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I didn't realize that Kim Davis was gay.
go back re-read my post. you obliviously didnt read it.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Seriously?

yep!
Quote:
1. being told to follow the laws that everyone has to follow is not persecution.
oh its only ok to protest when liberals do it. got it.

Quote:
2. IRS audits are not christian persecution, anyone can, and does, get audited.
yeah um..,.. they are when you specifically target conservative christian groups.

Quote:

3.Found not guilty. People suing or getting sued is kind of how the legal system works.
who?

Quote:
4.Again, being told to the same laws as everyone else is not persecution.

5. Again, being told to follow the same rules is not persecution.

6. Christians got a policy removed and now can do as they please. Not persecution.

7. A class, in college? Really? The teacher was put on leave and no student was punished for not participating in a class exercise that he had been doing for 30 years.

[/quote]

blah blah blah....tell that to the bakers forced out of business because it was their right to refuse sevice
based on their beliefs.

why are muslims not harrased?

Old 09-09-2015, 08:20 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,419 times
Quote:
There seems to be two stories. One says she was not refusing others, she just didn't want her name on the license and she had already asked for it to be removed. I am sure this is not so easy, since her position requires her name on the license.

Over all not in just this thread....... Yet, someone can sugar coat their post to direct it at a certain group and it's okay. I would not have said anything if what was quoted wasn't said a thousand times before. Funny how "you people" can ask and the poster is silent on her post. If it was a Christian who did it, I am sure she would have proof, after all, only Christians use the Cross for vandalizing stuff.

I am sure you will be the first to step up when Christians are being told in their own business who to serve and not serve. Strange, a person can refuse to serve someone with no shirt and no shoes, but they have to ignore their faith.........the people have elected this woman, seems the people should have the say!

The one issue when Davis took her job it was under man and woman marriage......I am sure she is worried about losing her job, over her faith that has been protected before. Yet, these licenses where being given out before the law past, so those who violated the law before in place are innocent in their actions........... Why no jail time for them?
Where did she mention "Christians" in her post? Maybe she has in the past, but I don't make a point to research everyone's prior posting history before posting.

People have always been told who they can serve and not serve. We have anti discrimination laws in this country for a reason. Without them, we would still have people like you refusing to serve blacks or homosexuals. Get over it and join us in the present. No shirt and no shoes is a health issue. Simple as that. It does not matter how she was put in office, she still has to follow the law.

Her job description has not changed. It is sad that so many people seem to lack the ability to grasp this. Her job was not to "Give marriage licenses to whoever you think should get one". It was to "give licenses to all those who meet the requirements". That is her job. Do it, or resign. If her faith is as strong as she says it is, losing her job would mean nothing to her.

I said in a previous post, that you seem to have ignored, that those clerks should do their job correctly or face consequences. Want them to face consequences? File a suit against them.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:53 AM

Quote:
oh its only ok to protest when liberals do it. got it.

yeah um..,.. they are when you specifically target conservative christian groups.

who?

blah blah blah....tell that to the bakers forced out of business because it was their right to refuse sevice
based on their beliefs.

why are muslims not harrased?[/quote]

You can protest all you want, but you still have to follow the law, or face the consequences for not doing so.

Please show where only Christian groups are audited by the IRS

It wasn't their right to refuse service any more that it is the right of a business to violate any other anti-discrimination law.

Maybe because there hasn't been any case where Muslims were violating anti-discrimination laws as of yet?

Old 09-09-2015, 08:56 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Serious quesiton. I see all these posts on facebook, and people on forums like this one saying how Christians are persecuted. The latest is Gene Simmons and his comments about Tim Tebow.

It seems to me that the people that say this are likely the most Politically Correct, "namby-pambies" (or whatever you call them) of all people, which is ironic since they label everone else as PC.

Seriously, do people really think that Christians are persecuted more than Muslims, Jews, Blacks, or other minority groups in this nation? Or is it that these same people are confusing people having and an opinion with actually carrying it out and "persecuting".

When was the last time a Christian Church was vandalized? (And I don't mean a black Christian Church that was vandalized because the congregation was black). I can think of many, many, many times when synagogues and mosques have been. When was the last time people were ACTUALLY profiled for being Christian (as in kicked off a plane, or pulled over for looking a certain way). I'm sure it's happened, but not to the frequency of other groups.

So I guess this is part vent/rant, and part wondering how many people think that the people who throw out the "PC Label" are possibly the most PC, sensitive, butt-hurt group of them all?

No, they aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies