Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2015, 01:01 PM

47,021 posts, read 26,097,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, you know what? The Muslims are trying to do just that, right here in America. And you'd better hope they don't succeed.
Some of them, too, are sure they know God's will.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:11 PM

50,998 posts, read 24,497,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
And Christian soldiers fought and died so you would have the right to speak that mind of yours in public. Something maybe we should reevaluate.
Non-Christian soldiers also fought and died.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:13 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,520,826 times
Quote:
Tell me where you find the words "separation of church and state." What the Constitution says is very different. It says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion."

Now, we know what that means, because England had established the Church of England as the only recognized church.
I'll note your utter failure to note what our founders believed/said implying no separation of church and state was intended in the Constitution and offer this in support:

"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

Jan. 1, 1802, Letter to the Connecticut Danbury Baptist Association

Old 09-07-2015, 01:23 PM

Quote:

Thirdly, why should we bow to a very small minority of people who acknowledge NO God? They are free to do so, but they are not free to tell us, a country steeped in tradition of trusting God that we cannot acknowledge God freely, whether on police cars or public buildings, etc.

Fourthly, Our motto is "In God We Trust." So why not have it on our police cars?

Finally, The Star Spangled Banner is likely the source of that motto, where in the last verse it reads, "And this be our motto -'In God is our Trust'"

Now, how long ago was it that the "Star Spangled Banner" became the National Anthem?
Nobody is asking you to "bow" to them. Nor should you be asking them to "bow" to you.

Actually, they are free to tell you anything -- that's freedom of speech.

What has Francis Scott Key got to do with anything. Key was a slave holder (so I guess that's okay, too), and while he freed his slaves, he was also an anti-abolitionist.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Just because you don't know what a false religion is doesn't mean I don't, and I do know how to tell the difference. And, I'm sorry, but Islam is a false religion and a cult.

The facts that make Islam a false religion is that it was founded by a lunatic pedophile nearly 700 years after Christ went to the cross, who claimed special revelation from Allah who told him that he was a prophet.

Christ warned about such false prophets that were to come, and in fact said that many would come, deceiving many.

Roman Catholicism is another false religion, but that's a debate for the Religion forum.
And Mormons too, I'll bet.

Glad we have "a decider" in our midst.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:30 PM

Quote:
So says you.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Deep. Very deep.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:35 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,944,335 times
Quote:
Oh, please. Not in my Bible. You Christ haters never cease.
Your bible kind of like the slavery but also though didn't it?

Old 09-07-2015, 01:37 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,367,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'll note your utter failure to note what our founders believed/said implying no separation of church and state was intended in the Constitution and offer this in support:

"I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."

Jan. 1, 1802, Letter to the Connecticut Danbury Baptist Association
Oh, come on. Not the old Danbury letter again. You are perfectly aware that J's letter was written to reassure the Baptists of their freedom to worship as they pleased, without interference from the government, or without fear of the establishment of a national church, as in Britain, Sweden, Denmark, and other European countries. You imply that the Founders wanted to restrict the rights of Christians or limit their participation in government. Not true...

Old 09-07-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Oh, please. How condescending.

Have you ever taken a Constitution course? I have.

Funny, for 200 years our Constitutional Republic worked very well, even while many highly religious people participated in it, and even created it....
So have I, and so have hundreds of Constitutional scholars who disagree with your interpretation.

Old 09-07-2015, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Amen!

We have too many of the Godless running our country today, and look at the mess they have made of it.
Sometimes those who so praise God commit acts that are godless. They are hypocrites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.