Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 10:09 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,913 times

Advertisements

Diversity only works when all groups are equally tolerant.

Tolerance of Intolerance (e.g. Islam) is not diversity, it is suicide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 10:09 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,228,742 times
You left off the lawsuit quotient that seems to arise every time one of the "diverse" are terminated for poor attendance, job performance, insubordination, violence, etc...all documented, all settling...

Old 09-07-2015, 10:13 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Diversity does not work at all because:

A) Not all peoples have the same ability level.
B) Not all groups of people are putting in the same effort.

It is extemely painful to admit, but, for example, when looking at African American IQs, they are on average 15 points lower than white, and lower still compared to Asians.

Without getting into nature/nurture (and I am mostly a nurture guy) this is a reality. There is no way to have genuine "diversity" for African Americans when only 11% of them have an average or better IQ.

It is just reality. As I am a nurture guy, yes, I think the situation could be improved if African Americans in general worked harder in school, but having set asides at university and in companies just leads to them skirting though school by writing papers about racism or serving as coddled mascots drawing a paycheck whiles others do their work.

It ought to be diversity of opportunity, which we have due to our public education system, not diversity of outcome.

This applies for all races. Whites will not have as many engineers as Asians in a perfect world, because we aren't producing enough people with the qualifications. The African American example was just because that is where the differances are starkest. I find it repulsive that we have decided as a nation that more qualified and harder working people should not get the best spots because they are the wrong race. Too many Asians were valedictorians this year...Sorry.

If there really is a beleif in and commitment to diversity, then lets start in professional sporting leagues. Because whites are about 65% of the population, I think 65% of the NBA is fair.

Before you go throwing around IQs, America comes in 9th (and that's worse than it sounds due to all the "ties"). I'll assume your spelling errors aren't because of that.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:23 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Before you go throwing around IQs, America comes in 9th

Did you even read the post you responded to?

Old 09-07-2015, 10:31 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times
Quote:

I think it's more A than B. And the only chance for diversity to work at all is for people accept the truth of A. Otherwise it's just a never ending cycle of blame and resentment over unequal outcomes and efforts to impose artificial equality.

Old 09-07-2015, 11:48 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
Before you go throwing around IQs, America comes in 9th (and that's worse than it sounds due to all the "ties"). I'll assume your spelling errors aren't because of that.
You are struggling to make some kind of point and attempt to cite spelling errors? Please, stop, you have been confronted by a painful truth and now are flailing for something--anything--to say in retort.

A) What the hell does it have to do with anything I wrote if America does come in 9?
B) Yes, when 13% of your population have an IQ average of 85, it is difficult to overcome that in the first place. It is EXACTLY what I am speaking to.

Develop some reading comprehension skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
I think it's more A than B. And the only chance for diversity to work at all is for people accept the truth of A. Otherwise it's just a never ending cycle of blame and resentment over unequal outcomes and efforts to impose artificial equality.
We are in agreement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post

Did you even read the post you responded to?
Obviously he didn't, but just reflexively attacked.

Or at least I hope he didn't...

Old 09-08-2015, 02:41 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:

It is extemely painful to admit, but, for example, when looking at African American IQs, they are on average 15 points lower than white, and lower still compared to Asians.

Without getting into nature/nurture (and I am mostly a nurture guy) this is a reality. There is no way to have genuine "diversity" for African Americans when only 11% of them have an average or better IQ.

It is just reality. As I am a nurture guy, yes, I think the situation could be improved if African Americans in general worked harder in school, but having set asides at university and in companies just leads to them skirting though school by writing papers about racism or serving as coddled mascots drawing a paycheck whiles others do their work.

It ought to be diversity of opportunity, which we have due to our public education system, not diversity of outcome.

This applies for all races. Whites will not have as many engineers as Asians in a perfect world, because we aren't producing enough people with the qualifications. The African American example was just because that is where the differances are starkest. I find it repulsive that we have decided as a nation that more qualified and harder working people should not get the best spots because they are the wrong race. Too many Asians were valedictorians this year...Sorry.

If there really is a beleif in and commitment to diversity, then lets start in professional sporting leagues. Because whites are about 65% of the population, I think 65% of the NBA is fair.

Agreed, and some teams should be all white with just a few black bench warmers.

If it`s good enough for Bridgestone, it`s good enough for the Detroit Pistons.

Old 09-08-2015, 04:33 AM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Not who you were talking to, but you are using some bad logic.

#1 Spelling is not correlated well to general IQ. It is mostly memorization. One can have a very high IQ and be a poor speller and one can have a below average IQ and be an exceptional speller. Albert Einstein was a poor speller, as was Ben Franklin and many great authors like Hemmingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald.

#2 The USA is a rather large country with plenty of high IQ people in high positions.

#3 Historically our IQ comparative average was ranked higher. Our average IQ has been falling faster than others, in part due to immigration.

Old 09-08-2015, 09:22 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not who you were talking to, but you are using some bad logic.

#1 Spelling is not correlated well to general IQ. It is mostly memorization. One can have a very high IQ and be a poor speller and one can have a below average IQ and be an exceptional speller. Albert Einstein was a poor speller, as was Ben Franklin and many great authors like Hemmingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald.

#2 The USA is a rather large country with plenty of high IQ people in high positions.

#3 Historically our IQ comparative average was ranked higher. Our average IQ has been falling faster than others, in part due to immigration.
Expectations are also falling because of an education system which has become entirely inadequate to handle such "diversity"

This from the LA times in December:
It's about a disastrous year for the nation's second-largest school district, which has managed — thanks to bungling, sloth and political squabbling — to let down more than 600,000 students.

and

And while I'm on the subject of abuse, KPCC was the first to report last month that in 2013, a district-contracted lawyer argued in court that a girl who sued the district was mature enough at 14 to have consented to the sexual affair she had with her 28-year-old middle school math teacher.

and

A Friday headline in this newspaper reiterated an obvious reality: The Southern California economy is stuck in low-wage mode, in part because of an under-educated workforce.

FBI at the door is just the latest bad news for L.A. school district - LA Times

Old 09-08-2015, 09:38 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Equalarity is an abstract hilarity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies