Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 04:40 PM

884 posts, read 716,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert&Ripley View Post
Ron Howards "Splash" disagrees. You realize that Darryl Hannah and Tom Hanks swam away together happily ever after and that their twins have been filling in for their movie roles ever since. Some people are soo dense. I'm currently dating a merman and although its been slippery slope, we are both happy and enjoying the sea life like everyone else.
Oh, please tell me how you deal with the daily barnacle cleaning. I mean is that not worse than scaling dinner? Puhlueeezz don't even get me started on her monthly cycle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianf408 View Post
Back on the topic, rather than needlessly insulting each other...

I feel that transsexualism will only be able to be fully accepted, at least in the USA, after the country gets over its fear of "immodesty" and sexuality altogether. When there are no more women's or men's rooms and just one restroom or locker room for everyone, that's when transsexualism will be capable of being accepted.
janitors across the country are jumping up and down.

Old 09-09-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Are you honestly suggesting that one's brain and one's body cannot develop differently in utero and thus create a brain-body mismatch?

Also, it is worth noting that, as far as I know, the overwhelming majority of transgender people are much happier and more productive after their transitions.

Why exactly don't you think that taking anti-androgens (or getting rid of one's testicles) and taking female hormones is going to nullify a trans-woman's advantage in sports, though?

Also, in regards to bathrooms, I would like to point out that rapists who wanted to rape women in the bathroom would do it regardless of what exactly the law in regards to this said.

As for locker rooms, why exactly would having a trans-woman who is taking anti-androgens and female hormones be any worse than having lesbians be in women's locker rooms?
Some little "boys" are actually girls, though.
Source, please?
Some gay people are transphobic just like some black people are (or were) homophobic. Gee ... what a surprise (sarcasm).
If most people will educate themselves in regards to transgenderism like I myself previously did, then Yes, I certainly do.
The good old scientific data "as far as I know"

Old 09-09-2015, 06:45 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,569,376 times
This is just how I think. I want to date a woman who was born a woman. I don't want to date a trans-sexual. I wouldn't be able to live with the fact that someone was once a man and then got a sex change. For me, it is about making sure any woman I'm with was born a woman and never got a change in sex.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:27 PM

27,121 posts, read 15,305,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianf408
"Back on the topic, rather than needlessly insulting each other...

I feel that transsexualism will only be able to be fully accepted, at least in the USA, after the country gets over its fear of "immodesty" and sexuality altogether. When there are no more women's or men's rooms and just one restroom or locker room for everyone, that's when transsexualism will be capable of being accepted."

Orgies in Grand Central Station one day?

Is that the "enlightenment" we should strive for?
Why not, everything else decadent is celebrated these days.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:34 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,754,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
Unlike the existence of homosexuality which can be proven merely by pointing out the fact that there exist people willing to date members of the same sex, there exists no real evidence that transgenderism is even real except as a mental problem.
Where is the actual evidence that transgenderism is a mental problem? Mind you, I said evidence, not a subjective opinion from a biased or religious person.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:37 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,955,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is just how I think. I want to date a woman who was born a woman. I don't want to date a trans-sexual. I wouldn't be able to live with the fact that someone was once a man and then got a sex change. For me, it is about making sure any woman I'm with was born a woman and never got a change in sex.

How can you tell? By pulling down her "genes"?

Old 09-09-2015, 08:20 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,133,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Chances are very high you will never come across a transgender individual. I lived and worked in San Francisco and never came across a single transgender person in my day to day life. San Francisco has one of the larger transgender communities in the US too and also has a lot of transgender bars/restaurants (Asia SF being one of the most famous).

Old 09-09-2015, 09:00 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I can shoot your entire post to rubble on just the first point but it isn't worth it. The bigots will never change their mind no matter how hard the science is that disputes them. They hate the "other" and now transpeople are "other" so xenophobia and fear rule them. They're on the wrong side of science and history, again, and time will vindicate transgender people.
Trans: I'm NOT so sure they'll ever be accepted as a group. Some individual people like Buck Angel, transman have some respect, but I think it's harder going from M to F like Jenner. Tho to be fair: some people are "trans" in that their DNA say "man" but their sex parts say "woman" with NO surgery or hormones being used. To me they're born women.

Too; you need to have a talk with the LGB people 1`st. If many of their kind DON'T accepts trans's, good luck trying to get straight people to do that.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,898,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I'm an independent who supports the LGBT community but please, continue making assumptions about my being a "lib'rul" just because I'm not a hatemonger like the Reich Wingers on the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakkarin View Post
Nobody but a liberal would ever use a silly term like "reich winger".
Agreed. Word was many Nazis were "Gay" but hid it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies