Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 05:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

There should not be a thing called an employee.
Everyone should be self-employed.
Everyone should be in charge of setting their own destiny. Not some boss on a power trip.
You be your own boss. You raise your pay over the other guy, by setting yourself apart from the rest.
Your worth in life is based upon:
P rofessionalism
R esponsibility
I ntegrity
D ependability
E ducation

Guess what? Those that possess all of the key values above, will be able to sell their worth easier and bank way more, than those with only one, or 2 of those qualities.

Eliminate employment.
Everyone should have clients and vendor accounts.
Set your own destiny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2015, 06:03 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Take this job and shove it, I ain't workin here no more.....

What up BB? Boss **** you off today?

Old 09-09-2015, 06:09 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Sigh, OP....not everyone can be a shopkeeper, and the economy cannot support everyone being a shopkeeper. It's not the be all and end all of life. I agree with Bulldogdad, relax. You need to come back down to reality instead of dwelling on your fantasies, that's just my 2 cents

Old 09-09-2015, 07:54 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,001,992 times
If you have your own business, you're gonna need employees, if you want to actually get things done!

Old 09-09-2015, 10:29 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Take this job and shove it, I ain't workin here no more.....

What up BB? Boss **** you off today?

Taking a break from writing a long ass detailed report, for my client that may be going into litigation with a contractor that did shoddy workmanship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Sigh, OP....not everyone can be a shopkeeper, and the economy cannot support everyone being a shopkeeper. It's not the be all and end all of life. I agree with Bulldogdad, relax. You need to come back down to reality instead of dwelling on your fantasies, that's just my 2 cents

Who says you have to have a shop, to be self employed?
I'm none of those and I'm self employed. I have been self employed since I got an allowance. If I didn't work I didn't get paid. But it was always at my terms. Hell I had my own lawn mowing business at 6.

Today I go look at stuff for litigation, and write a report of my findings. What kinda shop do i need for that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
If you have your own business, you're gonna need employees, if you want to actually get things done!

No, I can always subcontract out my help. You tell me what it is going to cost me, and maybe even a completion date and what merits you bring to the table. I may contract with you(not hourly either), unless the next guy in line, sets himself apart from the competition(you). After a working relationship and both liking what we get from each other, I just ask you how much it is going to cost and for you to put my project on your schedule.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:32 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
i gave up on the op when he went on and on about supporting ron paul in 12, but then ran back to romney who had 0 similarities. the op will say whatever, doesn't mean anyone should pay any attention to it.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:35 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
As I said before... this is just a game of semantics. If you were to "outlaw" employees, you're still going to end up with the exact same thing, which is that you have people who are given money to perform services on an ongoing basis for some company. Call em "contractors", whatever...doesn't matter. You are still effectively an employee, you still have an employer, and they still hold disproportionate power over you.

Also, acronyms are corny and dumb.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:38 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
i gave up on the op when he went on and on about supporting ron paul in 12, but then ran back to romney who had 0 similarities. the op will say whatever, doesn't mean anyone should pay any attention to it.
LOL gtc.. WHat do expect of Political hounds..LOL..They say all sorts of things about the running guys..But in the end..They don't care who it is as long as they wear the GOP robe..regardless if they are for his wants..Beat those Lib's blah blah...LOL..It's actually comical watching from outside really!!

Old 09-09-2015, 10:43 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
LOL gtc.. WHat do expect of Political hounds..LOL..They say all sorts of things about the running guys..But in the end..They don't care who it is as long as they wear the GOP robe..regardless if they are for his wants..Beat those Lib's blah blah...LOL..It's actually comical watching from outside really!!

talk about being on the plantation.

totally agree.

guy rails on about ron paul ron paul, but then does what the gop masters tell him to do, and votes for romney.

ever since he admitted that i take everything he posts with a grain of salt.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:44 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,343,520 times
There is little doubt in my mind that the white-collar workplace is a far more structured and oppressive environment than was the case when I was starting out forty years ago, and with no malice intended, I can't escape a conclusion that the feminization and multi-culturalization of the work force has been the single greatest force behind this.

Instead of allowing the responsible individual employee more autonomy and a shorter work day/week, the principal result has been to provide the would-be manipulators and micro-managers with a bottomless supply of fresh meat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies