Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 05:18 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,536,984 times

Advertisements

Just more looting.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:46 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,698,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Make things up much?
Last bastion of the woefully defeated. Accuse people of lying yet have nothing to refute their facts.

It's sad how poorly informed racists are.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:14 AM

58,936 posts, read 27,247,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Mr Gray was an unarmed man on a city street who was accosted by several police officers who threw him violently to the pavement hard enough to have broken his neck . When stuff like that happens you may have problems breathing afterwards and Gray was having trouble breathing . He was tied up and them thrown like a sack of potatoes into the police van where he probably hit his head again either on the steel floor or the hard benches on either side of the van. If his neck wasn't broken before it was very likely afterwards! The cops didn't bother to restrain him (seat belts) or check to see if he needed medical attention. They then proceeded to drive around on the bumpy streets of that part of Baltimore for almost an hour before reaching the police jail in downtown (if the had gone straight there it would have taken less than 15 minutes). When they got there Gray was basically dead. He was pronounced dead when he got to the ER at Harborview Hospital. I'm glad th city paid up for the depraved indifference of men who should be drummed out of the Police Force and should do time in Maryland's overcrowded largely minority prisons.
Thank you SOO much for the information.

I wasn't aware that the investigation was over and the courts had ruled.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:16 AM

58,936 posts, read 27,247,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Completely ridiculous! I can't stand liberals and their look the other way on crime, but I also can't stand conservatives and their forcing of their religion on the country... so who should I support?
"but I also can't stand conservatives and their forcing of their religion on the country.."

Has anyone conservative EVER FORCED you to do ANYTHING religious in your life?

Exaggerate much?

I would be very happy if you DIDN'T vote.

We have enough ignorant voters already.

Old 09-10-2015, 06:30 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,563,246 times
Rioting and violence works - getting a huge payout.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:10 AM

78,285 posts, read 60,492,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
No cops have been found guilty of wrong doing, but the city just decided to go ahead and pay up anyway. So if any of you were wondering how much a violent, criminal thug is worth, $6.4 million should get you in the ballpark. Does Al Sharpton get a cut?

Your tax dollars hard at work. You can go ahead and start puking now.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a3a_story.html
Not my tax dollars...I don't live in Baltimore.

One of the many reasons I'm glad the cops in my town all wear body cameras.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:20 AM

78,285 posts, read 60,492,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Where did they start? You know them personally?

Anyway, good for them.
As much as it pains me to say it....the other poster is almost certainly correct.

My buddy is the kind of lawyer that represents families like Mr. Grey's and yes....they are likely destitute due to his "career" and in many cases will blow through the cash. Fast. (I have a relative that did the same thing after a big "pay off".)

That's why they used to try to use structured settlements to provide over time but then the whole cottage industry of buying out structured settlements (JG Wentworth etc.) sprang up.

But regardless of what happens to the grey family and I wish them well, it's good to know that the private tort system can hopefully encourage change when the public system is so entrenched politically that it's protected from doing the right thing and making needed changes.

We should all be glad we can sue because otherwise the government just shields itself and it's big donors. It's not always fair and meritorious but I'd rather have a less than perfect option outside of their system than none at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.