Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 05:33 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times

Advertisements

Republicans are spending more tax payer money on BS. These people don't mind spending your money. Look how much they spent on clintons impeachment. What a waste.. ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 05:41 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Is victory for you Obama winning - or the proper functioning of what is put in place so that it serves the people effectively?
I never said that i was winning anything.

I win when something serves me effectively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I didn't say that it is "so bad." The point is not that it is "so bad," but that it has been a huge loss for Obama and the Democrats. You said that Obama was not only winning but "stomping a mudhole" in the GOP. That is ludicrously wrong.

Of course you want to move the goal posts...fine. Article I section 7 sets a high bar for repeal of legislation against the wishes of the President. Most people, including most Republicans, understand that Obamacare is not going anywhere until Jan 20, 2017, and of course maybe not even then. That is not the issue. The issue is whether Pres. Obama is "stomping a mudhole" in the GOP. I say that he is not.
Well, i say that he is. (shrug)

Old 09-10-2015, 07:21 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Wasn't it Einstein who said the definition of insanity was trying something over and over again and expecting different results? Oh that's right...Republicans love to deny science so it can only stand to reason that they're going to keep trying to repeal the ACA.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:28 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Sure, and the Iran deal could well prove to be Obamacare 2.0 in the 2016 elections.

Support for Iran Nuclear Agreement Falls | Pew Research Center

According to Pew, 49% disapprove, 21% approve, and 30% don't know.
Except Obama isn't running in 2016!

Old 09-10-2015, 08:15 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Except Obama isn't running in 2016!
Obviously not, but neither was he running in 2014 with the GOP beat all expectations by gaining 9 Senate seats and regaining control of the Senate. I give Obama his due; he has been a brilliant politician and has achieved his goal of being a transformative POTUS in the mold of Reagan.

But by most measures his signature achievement of Obamacare has been a fail. It is still underwater in polling to this day.
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - Public Approval of Health Care Law

40 percent approve, 48 percent disapprove.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:34 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
OK - that's nice.

At this point - I'm really tired of enriching a bunch of lawyers with money we don't have to spend - with it ending up in the Supreme Court with no changes that will happen.

I would rather people vote in legislators to remove Obamacare through the normal process - or revise it to make it work for us.
We have become completely lawless in DC. I agree with you. There will always be weak minded bafoons that believe anything they are told but I still have faith a majority of Americans see through the lies and manipulation. Either that or they have no clue what ours laws are.

Old 09-11-2015, 09:54 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking House GOP Just Won a Major, Unexpected Victory in a Battle with Obama

Oh boy!

The Pubs still don't like the ACA.

Carry on.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:01 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Uh huh. All of those Republicans getting elected, and Obama is still running over the Repubs like a freight train over a Yugo. I know...painful, ain't it.

Obama won his two elections by the way. I don't remember him running for any legislative seats.
You make a good point.

If I was a Republican I would be FURIOUS!

Considering the fact that the GOP controls both the Senate and the House Of Representatives and the majority of Governorships and even the US Supreme Court has a GOP majority ... they seem weak and ineffectual.

Consider ...

--Obamacare still stands
--the "Birther" cause is dead
--Funding of Planned Parenthood has not been terminated
--the Environmental Protection Agency has not been emasculated
--Same Sex Marriage is now the law of the land
--Obama's judicial appointments confirmed
--The Iran Deal cannot be halted

For a "lame duck" it appears Obama is very much in charge and still running the show.

Last edited by Clark Park; 09-11-2015 at 05:44 PM..

Old 09-11-2015, 05:16 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
District courts are the lowest rung (i.e., trial courts) in the Federal Judicial System. It's not a major victory by any means, as the decision will be appealed. The DC Court of Appeals has tons of Democrat-appointed judges who would reverse this judgment. And even if the House Republicans win in the Court of Appeals, Justice Roberts has shown time and time again he would not allow the SCOTUS to invalidate or weaken the ACA.

So, yawn.

Mick

Old 09-11-2015, 06:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
You make a good point.

If I was a Republican I would be FURIOUS!

Considering the fact that the GOP controls both the Senate and the House Of Representatives and the majority of Governorships and even the US Supreme Court has a GOP majority ... they seem weak and ineffectual.

Consider ...

--Obamacare still stands
--the "Birther" cause is dead
--Funding of Planned Parenthood has not been terminated
--the Environmental Protection Agency has not been emasculated
--Same Sex Marriage is now the law of the land
--Obama's judicial appointments confirmed
--The Iran Deal cannot be halted

For a "lame duck" it appears Obama is very much in charge and still running the show.
I know. He's made minced meat out of the Repubs...especially in his second term. They haven't scored a single meaningful victory over him in a really long time. It's embarrassing. He's just abusing Boehner and McConnell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies