Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 08:37 AM

211 posts, read 212,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
We can agree on that to some degree. They may not be able to legally fire her for that. Maybe they just shouldn't have hired her in the first place. Just say "we found someone better, good luck".
If only it were that easy.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:40 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
1. Not in any way at all, unless your employees are immature, snickering idiots.

2. Not at all, unless you stay true to form and instigate it by calling the person It.

3. Fine, as long as they provide good customer service.

4. That your business is an open minded and accepting place to work.

You could have asked these questions regarding the hire of women, black people and gays at various times in history. People will get over it. You'll die out and your views will go with you. Sorry. (Yeah not really).
Most people do not feel comfortable around mentally ill persons and thus would not see being served by a man in a dress with delusions of actually being female as positive in any way, particularly if they had children accompanying them. Such a thing is not good to teach children that it is ok or acceptable in any way.

On #4, why do you think that businesses are tools of social change? I wouldn't want my business known as such, that any freak show is accepted as a representative.

You seem to dwell on people dying as the means by which change will occur. If that's the path, shall those who disagree with you advocating your death as being acceptable?

Do you feel comfortable around trannies? Most do not.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Most people do not feel comfortable around mentally ill persons and thus would not see being served by a man in a dress with delusions of actually being female as positive in any way, particularly if they had children accompanying them. Such a thing is not good to teach children that it is ok or acceptable in any way.

On #4, why do you think that businesses are tools of social change? I wouldn't want my business known as such, that any freak show is accepted as a representative.

You seem to dwell on people dying as the means by which change will occur. If that's the path, shall those who disagree with you advocating your death as being acceptable?

I perceive such animosity from your words.
Just think about this: exercise common human decency...basic human respect. If this person were in front of you, would you seriously call her "it," "tranny," "delusional," and "mentally ill" to her face? Regardless of how you feel about transgenders (and nobody is asking you to befriend them), all we ask is that you are respectful. That's not too much to ask. So much negativity in the world, do we really need to add such unnecessary cruelty?

Look, the whole thing with "customers and their children" is all about people not understanding certain things. A transgender person working somewhere is not really hurting anyone, and children being "exposed" to them is a notion that has no basis on reality. It's not like she was working naked.

Genuinely and from my heart I ask you, buddy, why not stop the cruelty and meanness? We need more positivity in the world.

Old 09-12-2015, 08:52 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSWTEBO View Post
Just think about this: exercise common human decency...basic human respect. If this person were in front of you, would you seriously call her "it," "tranny," "delusional," and "mentally ill" to her face? Regardless of how you feel about transgenders (and nobody is asking you to befriend them), all we ask is that you are respectful. That's not too much to ask. So much negativity in the world, do we really need to add such unnecessary cruelty?

Look, the whole thing with "customers and their children" is all about people not understanding certain things. A transgender person working somewhere is not really hurting anyone, and children being "exposed" to them is a notion that has no basis on reality. It's not like she was working naked.

Genuinely and from my heart I ask you, buddy, why not stop the cruelty and meanness? We need more positivity in the world.
Good luck with that. Certain people on this forum revel in being obnoxious. Just feel bad for them that they never grew up. They've been mentally stunted their whole lives.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:01 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:

I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but yep you're gonna die.

Yes I am perfectly fine "around" a trans person. I've told you before, my niece in law is a transitioning male to female. I say more power to her.

If you're freaked out and afraid, that's literally your problem. You should probably get some help for that. IMHO, of course.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:26 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
Ok, the job was to be a Nurses assistant.

Dressed as a Woman would she be doing her job assisting/care of Female patients etc or just Males.

Having been in a Hospital after Surgery was seen by Female Nurses and one time completely Naked on the pre Surgery table.......how would that have been if the situation was a Female and he/she was there.

Yes, I was even bathed by a Female Nurse assistant (not sure what they are called)

Old 09-12-2015, 09:32 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,089,458 times
Quote:
No particular animosity, I just deal with facts in a straightforward manner and seek effective solutions to any problem. Sometimes driving thumbtacks with a hammer is the best solution.

Quote:
If this person were in front of you, would you seriously call her "it," "tranny," "delusional," and "mentally ill" to her face?
No, but I would say it to HIM. A man cannot under any circumstances or by any means become a woman. If he insists that he is not a he, despite evidence of having been born with a penis, with testicles, and that a DNA test would show him to have two distinct sex chromosomes (XY), then the most I will do find the middle ground and refer to him as an "it". I fail to see why he would be offended except to feed the drama inside his head. He is certainly not a she.

Quote:
Regardless of how you feel about transgenders (and nobody is asking you to befriend them), all we ask is that you are respectful.
To be respected, one must be respectable.

Quote:
The misunderstanding is inside it's head and that's where the corrective actions should be taken. Not with cosmetic or mutilating surgeries. When I speak of protecting children, it's at al levels - both physically and psychologically. I am instilling good values and standards of behavior into my child, a sense of right and wrong and not tolerating that which is wrong. If I so not speak out when we see such things, then I have failed as a parent. Cross-dressing men running around in public, with others saying "Yes, that's a woman" is wrong and fails to distinguish reality from delusion - a terrible example for any child to see.

Quote:
We need standards. The world is failing miserably in not providing them.

Quote:
I hate to be the one to break the news to you, but yep you're gonna die.
I'm well aware of that. And you're going to die also. Wonder which one of us will go first?

Quote:
Yes I am perfectly fine "around" a trans person. I've told you before, my niece in law is a transitioning male to female. I say more power to her.
My sympathies to your nephew for not receiving the help he needs. What is this "power" of which you speak? The ability to put on women's clothing and have family members say that he's now a woman? Has he a uterus? XX chromosomes? A natural born vagina? Functioning mammary glands?

Quote:
If you're freaked out and afraid, that's literally your problem. You should probably get some help for that. IMHO, of course.
I'm neither freaked out nor afraid, other than fearing for the future of our children in losing the ability to distinguish between right and wrong for the sake of "feelings".

Old 09-12-2015, 10:04 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
The more of a Huge Headache the whole gender identity thing becomes, the more the logical course will be to discriminate. Not openly, of course. It won't be hard. Hundreds of resumes, first interview is five people, anyone who seems likely to cause a workplace headache (for example, is clearly of a different biological gender than presented), sorry, did not make it to the second interview. Can't prove discrimination. 'We get hundreds of applications.'

For me, with regard to this gender identity stuff, it depends what's asked of me as an individual. Often that's not much, or is reasonable.

If what's asked of me is not to be personally mean to someone over it, that's a reasonable expectation of anyone. If someone does not wash my face in a difference and back me into a corner to react to it, I don't need to react, as it hasn't intruded into my world.

If someone starts demanding I change my speech, or make an open recognition of something I deep down do not acknowledge, well, then I may reasonably refuse that demand without needing to be gratuitously cruel. Might I reshape my speech to avoid gender pronouns just to keep the peace? Sure, but I'm likelier to just stay away from those relationships and situations and friendships. I have known a few seemingly transgender people in life, and while it's a small sample, the results were frightening. I used to be a lot more embracing of the concept until I had to deal with the interpersonal behavior.

If some guy wants to wear women's clothing but use the men's bathroom, fine, his clothing is not my concern, he's a man, has every right. But if some woman wants to go in the men's bathroom at any time for any reason, no matter how she's dressed, that will bother me. No, I won't harm her. No, I won't make her life harder. But also: no, I will never just say that's okay, that she is male and therefore this is fine. That is not reasonable to demand of me. I have the right to my own concepts of comfort zones, and I enter a male bathroom expecting no females.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:16 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
I'm well aware of that.
In which case you should comprehend I'm not wishing death upon you, as it's already been wished.

Quote:
And you're going to die also. Wonder which one of us will go first?
Who cares?

Quote:
My sympathies to your nephew for not receiving the help he needs. What is this "power" of which you speak? The ability to put on women's clothing and have family members say that he's now a woman? Has he a uterus? XX chromosomes? A natural born vagina? Functioning mammary glands?
No sympathies necessary, she's got all the help she needs. I wish for her the power to put your kind of rhetoric where in belongs, the annuals of history.

Quote:
I'm neither freaked out nor afraid, other than fearing for the future of our children in losing the ability to distinguish between right and wrong for the sake of "feelings".
Lol re you being the authority on right and wrong. That's funny. Our children will be fine, in spite of your efforts, I'm sure.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
No particular animosity, I just deal with facts in a straightforward manner and seek effective solutions to any problem. Sometimes driving thumbtacks with a hammer is the best solution.

No, but I would say it to HIM. A man cannot under any circumstances or by any means become a woman. If he insists that he is not a he, despite evidence of having been born with a penis, with testicles, and that a DNA test would show him to have two distinct sex chromosomes (XY), then the most I will do find the middle ground and refer to him as an "it". I fail to see why he would be offended except to feed the drama inside his head. He is certainly not a she.

To be respected, one must be respectable.

The misunderstanding is inside it's head and that's where the corrective actions should be taken. Not with cosmetic or mutilating surgeries. When I speak of protecting children, it's at al levels - both physically and psychologically. I am instilling good values and standards of behavior into my child, a sense of right and wrong and not tolerating that which is wrong. If I so not speak out when we see such things, then I have failed as a parent. Cross-dressing men running around in public, with others saying "Yes, that's a woman" is wrong and fails to distinguish reality from delusion - a terrible example for any child to see.

We need standards. The world is failing miserably in not providing them.

I'm well aware of that. And you're going to die also. Wonder which one of us will go first?

Wow. Just wow.
You're beyond help, buddy.
Bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies