Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 05:52 AM

32 posts, read 25,723 times

Advertisements

Obama Wants U.S. to Prepare for 10,000 Syrian Refugees Next Year -White House

Quote:
President Barack Obama has ordered his team to admit at least 10,000 Syrian refugees next year, the White House said Thursday, amid criticism that the United States has not done enough.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com Obama Wants U.S. to Prepare for 10,000 Syrian Refugees Next Year -White House
Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!
He decided to order to admit refugees only after the world community had criticized over him.

While Europe is choking on refugees because they have neither the space nor the ability to accept them, the United States took only 1,500 people. Why Europe one should feel the effects? America was the initiator of all problems in the Middle East, she took people's peaceful life and home, and the US is the one who must bear the responsibility, in the form in which the world requires. What it means for us is already another question....

Old 09-11-2015, 06:04 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Tailor View Post
Obama Wants U.S. to Prepare for 10,000 Syrian Refugees Next Year -White House

He decided to order to admit refugees only after the world community had criticized over him.

While Europe is choking on refugees because they have neither the space nor the ability to accept them, the United States took only 1,500 people. Why Europe one should feel the effects? America was the initiator of all problems in the Middle East, she took people's peaceful life and home, and the US is the one who must bear the responsibility, in the form in which the world requires. What it means for us is already another question....
I disagree. Nobody is making Europe take them in, though I will say Europe needs youth more than the US.

It is not a US caused problem either. I do not see a strong need to take in these refugees for the same reasons that the Arab nations do not feel a need. I see all these people going into Europe and just wonder how many problems they are letting in for the next several decades.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:06 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I disagree. Nobody is making Europe take them in, though I will say Europe needs youth more than the US.

It is not a US caused problem either. I do not see a strong need to take in these refugees for the same reasons that the Arab nations do not feel a need. I see all these people going into Europe and just wonder how many problems they are letting in for the next several decades.
It is most definitely a US caused problem.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It is most definitely a US caused problem.
That is your OPINION.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:10 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,037,287 times
God help us.....Seriously. We're importing more muslims who are going to easily be radicalized and targeted by isis.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
God help us.....Seriously. We're importing more muslims who are going to easily be radicalized and targeted by isis.
I expect a lot of this to be blocked. Europe will benefit more from this. Germany is committing to a lot but once they get into Germany and become legal they can travel all over the EU. So Germany is looking like the hero while paying the bill with other peoples checks.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
That is your OPINION.
And just who was ready to invade Syria ?
Who supported the rebels to oust Assad ?

At least my opinion is backed up with plenty of evidence of US interference in that country.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:17 AM

4,095 posts, read 2,564,751 times
He might as well order the release of 10,000 Asian Carp into the Great Lakes, as it's the same as releasing Muslims into Infidel nations.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:27 AM

Quote:

At least my opinion is backed up with plenty of evidence of US interference in that country.
Your opinion is backed up by your opinion.

I believe the roots of the conflict can be traced back to the Arab Spring more than it can be traced back to the US.

The US did not start the Syrian Civil war. Ironically if the US and Europe had removed Assad I doubt there would be so many refugees seeking to leave now.

Nobody is making them fight, let alone the US.

Old 09-11-2015, 06:29 AM

927 posts, read 969,379 times
Quote:

You said it correct! You were right the first time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies