Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 05:19 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The Pope is the Vicar of Christ and should promote and tell the word of God and Christ.
You mean this?

Quote:
The Beatitudes
He said:

3 “Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:22 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:
You are probably not Catholic, and probably not Christian.

Our family is Catholic. The Pope is the Vicar of Christ and should promote and tell the word of God and Christ.

This Pope is a left wing communist and has ideas which actually oppose Christianity and delve into political beliefs which oppose the church.

Dump the Pope- I don't know who this guy represents, but he does not represent us. If you atheists, communists, and non Catholics want him- take him.
This Pope is seeking ways to stop the devastation of selfishness and its impact on the environment and the most disenfranchised. He is literally standing up to the modern equivalent of the Roman Empire, flipping proverbial tables in the temple, as the Jew Jesus did in his day.

I don't necessarily agree with the Pope, but if you don't see Christ's teachings in Pope Francis ' work, then you do not know Christ.

And if the Pope's wisdom makes you this uncomfortable that you want him replaced by someone who simply reinforces your limited notion of Christianity based on your radical polticial views, then you are definitely not Catholic.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:25 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
The Pope sided with terrorists in the Charlie Hebdo massacre and has thrown wide the gates of Europe to the Muslim invaders.

It pains me deeply as a Catholic to see Francis in the throne.

I hope he is a fluke; even one more of his ilk may be too much for the Church to survive..spiritually and physically.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:36 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Read your bible, the Pope holds true Christian values, not twisted like the right wing god-capitalism mashup in the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by St John Paul II in Centesimus Annus
The free market is the most efficient instrument for utilizing resources and effectively responding to needs.
Go on.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:37 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Sad that radical posts like this dismiss Christian leaders with different values and ideas than their own as "fake".

Some basic human decency would go a long way. Acknowledging that Christianity is a diverse religion of empathy and not the right-wing poltiical operative it has become in our country is a first step to understanding a deeper Christ.

At least these radicals have no grounds to call themselves Christian, even if they fail to recognize Christ's love in others.
You are not a Catholic. The Pope is supposed to represent the Catholic Chuch, the word of Christ and God, and concentrate on these issues, not marxist politics.

This Marxist Pope is the anti-Pope, who is supported by atheists, non Catholics, and marxists.

We Catholics would prefer a Pope who is the Vicar of Christ, not the Vicar of Marx. If this pig is not removed, our family will stay away until the church starts supporting Christianity and the word of God, not Lenin and Marx.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
The Pope sided with terrorists in the Charlie Hebdo massacre and has thrown wide the gates of Europe to the Muslim invaders.

I hope he is a fluke; even one more of his ilk may be too much for the Church to survive..spiritually and physically.
No, Pope Francis didn't side with the terrorists. He condemned their actions, but he also said that mocking another religion should not be accepted. That is leadership from a deep spiritual foundation and you are assessing it from a political perspective.
Pope Francis on 'Charlie Hebdo': 'One Cannot Make Fun of Faith'

You appear to be Catholic in name but not in your heart. You perceive other humans as "invaders", not recognizing the deep evolutionary lineage we share (yes Catholicism endorses evolution). Pope Francis is at a higher spiritual level of awareness and is working to foster compassion in the world.

Your post simply reflects a lower level of consciousness than the Pope's request:
http://www.christiantoday.com/articl...enge/64483.htm

Old 09-11-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post

Agreed-

We will not be attending the Catholic Church much longer if the stance of the church is directed toward marxist politics, rather than the word of Christ and God.

If I want to hear Communist rhetoric, I will not spend my Sunday mornings recieving it from the pulpit and paying about $80K per year to hear atheist garbage. I can just subscribe to the New York Times or watch MSNBC and get it for a few pennies per year. Of course, MSNBC and the NYT do not provide food and housing for the world's needy, but what the hell.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
You are not a Catholic. The Pope is supposed to represent the Catholic Chuch, the word of Christ and God, and concentrate on these issues, not marxist politics.

This Marxist Pope is the anti-Pope, who is supported by atheists, non Catholics, and marxists.

We Catholics would prefer a Pope who is the Vicar of Christ, not the Vicar of Marx. If this pig is not removed, our family will stay away until the church starts supporting Christianity and the word of God, not Lenin and Marx.
I am Catholic, so you are mistaken. There is nothing in Catholicism that insists upon a radical right wing political agenda, so what you are seeing is a different and arguably more authentic perspective on Catholicism.

In my personal life, while I myself am not a leftist, I've found liberal Catholics to be the most authentic and close to Christ's wisdom, as they share his compassion for the most destitute.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
This Pope is seeking ways to stop the devastation of selfishness and its impact on the environment and the most disenfranchised. He is literally standing up to the modern equivalent of the Roman Empire, flipping proverbial tables in the temple, as the Jew Jesus did in his day.

I don't necessarily agree with the Pope, but if you don't see Christ's teachings in Pope Francis ' work, then you do not know Christ.

And if the Pope's wisdom makes you this uncomfortable that you want him replaced by someone who simply reinforces your limited notion of Christianity based on your radical polticial views, then you are definitely not Catholic.
You are not Catholic and probably not a Christian. Christ WAS NOT A POLITICIAN!

Now how in the world does "global warming" fit in the position of the Church?????

Again- you can have this communist Pope, as MANY of us Catholics do not want him. Do you understand that when I go to Mass, that I like to hear the word of Christ, not the words of MARX?????

Do you understand that without Catholics actually attending Mass and supporting the church, that the church collapses? This, of course, is what liberals and marxists want, thus thier love for this anti-Christ Pope. This Pope welcomed a blasphemous "communist crucifix" from the Bolivian president. What the hell? This is not the Vicar of Christ- he is the Vicar of someone far different than Christ.

This Pope may be the harninger of the anti-Christ- that is why liberals love him and so many Catholics hate him.

Old 09-11-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Agreed-

We will not be attending the Catholic Church much longer if the stance of the church is directed toward marxist politics, rather than the word of Christ and God.

If I want to hear Communist rhetoric, I will not spend my Sunday mornings recieving it from the pulpit and paying about $80K per year to hear atheist garbage. I can just subscribe to the New York Times or watch MSNBC and get it for a few pennies per year. Of course, MSNBC and the NYT do not provide food and housing for the world's needy, but what the hell.
I think you just misunderstood Pope Francis.

It's not Marxism he's promoting but rather a moral capitalism. Even you can't deny that our market-based system, as good as it is, results in horrific destruction of ecosystems, exploitation of the poor, and a fixation on materialism rather than inner growth.

The Pope is simply emphasizing long-held Catholic Social Teaching.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies