Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 12:56 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
What your failing to state is that Iran would never agree to this agreement if they did not feel that they came out ahead. They are not doing this for love of America or because they want us to feel safe. All of their official statements have backed up their hate America position. I know that there are many good Iranians; I have worked with them in the past - but they don't decide the direction of their Country.
That seems to be a presumption that "get ahead" for Iran is necessarily and solely "get a nuke" rather than more prosaic national requirements like building roads, providing health care, running universities, and such. Oh, and fighting ISIS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 02:11 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A great nation would have got its hostages back in the negotiations.

That we didn't shows that Obama was just along for the ride.

Because it was/is ALL about Iran's nuclear program. As you start adding on secondary requirements or demands things get far more complicated.

Old 09-12-2015, 02:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
Because it was/is ALL about Iran's nuclear program. As you start adding on secondary requirements or demands things get far more complicated.
A great nation gets them released.

Old 09-12-2015, 02:22 PM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Actually, most of the "liberals" I know are at least somewhat disappointed in Mr. Obama.
You make a valid point. Obama could not pivot away from the health care agenda. The problem with the Democrats in 2008 to 2010 was that they couldn't get Obama Care done quietly and quickly. We needed for Obama to have a plan like the National Recovery Act and he had nothing like that. No matter what he did behind the scenes to get the economy rolling, the perception was that he was focused on the wrong problem. Perception is everything. 750,000 lost jobs a month shouldn't have been sidelined.

The current issue of Foreign Affairs focuses on the Obama presidency. Haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Old 09-12-2015, 02:24 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
If you want people to take you seriously, it would be wise to stop making virtually every post a rant which includes insults. Let's see, who do we all know that does that? Oh yes...North Korea, Iran...Obama, All liberal publications, Harry Reid, Chris Matthews....

I would like to suggest that you learn some discussion skills. Then we will take you more seriously and actually consider the points you are making.
C'mon. Your side has been accusing conservatives of being morons since the beginning of time. Reagan, even!

And NOW you want to make insults out-of-bounds......!?

Old 09-12-2015, 02:34 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I mean, afterall, he made this bold statement that the whole world knows is a complete LIE.

So, WHEN, not IF, Iran develops a nuclear weapon, will you the loyal Obama supporter look back and ask yourself how you could allow yourself to be bamboozled yet again by this wolf in sheep's clothing?
I think this country has been bamboozled since Reagan took office, and I am much more concerned about Pakistan and North Korea having nukes at the moment.

And despite your extreme efforts to promote hate for Obama, those comments says more about you than him.

Pakistan's Nuclear Weapons Program: 5 Things You Need to Know | The National Interest

» Who Gave North Korea Nukes In The First Place? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Old 09-12-2015, 02:54 PM

28,666 posts, read 18,779,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A great nation gets them released.
There are a heck of lot of Americans behind foreign bars. A great nation gets "hostages" released...criminals undergoing whatever "due process" a country might have is a lot more complicated. My first Air Force wing commander, John McKone, had been held in Lubyanka prison in 1960 when his RB-47 was shot down by the Soviets. This was at the same time that Gary Powers was imprisoned after his U-2 shootdown. The US made huge efforts to get the RB-47 crew released before the Soviets actually put them on trial; if they had gone to trial, it would have become hugely more difficult.

Old 09-12-2015, 02:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
The reason they were not released is because the U.S. wasn't an actual part of the negotiation process.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:46 PM

50,794 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag3.14 View Post
I agree.

In fact that concept of "adding on" issues is one of the reason our Congress works so poorly. A bill can be about one topic, and then they begin adding on things that are not at all related. Let each issue stand and fall on its own.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:49 PM

50,794 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
C'mon. Your side has been accusing conservatives of being morons since the beginning of time. Reagan, even!

And NOW you want to make insults out-of-bounds......!?
I'm not speaking for "my side". I'm speaking about how to have a conversation. And you don't have a real conversation when all you're doing is slinging insults back and forth.

It's even worse when YOU edit someone's post. Respond if you wish, but don't edit another person's post(s).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies