Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 10:10 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Who said we should ban guns?
Well, apparently, here is one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Sane people do.

There is no need for any civilian to own those weapons of death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 10:39 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
You want guns anyway or you become a third world country controlled by drug cartels and cartel controlled politicians like Mexico which has no guns.
Why would we turn more control over to government?

This country was built on freedoms, not by taking them away.
I've seen gun ban advocates use Mexico's laws as a standard. They are worse than anywhere in Europe, for not making sense. A civilian can have a gun in Mexico. However, it can't be chambered in a "military" caliber. Ummm...yea, that doesn't leave much. The cartels are sure paying attention go that law, ain't they? But I've seen anti gun advocates here just praise the idea up one side and down the other.

After all, those "military calibers" are like super duper, armor piercing, high explosive, active target seeking etc etc. A little green paint on the tip, and any bullet becomes able to knock out reactive armor. Its the completeack of any actual knowledge of firearms, by these anti types, that really annoys me. But, the certainly do try to sound knowledgeable. OHHH..how they try. Usually with the end result being a LOT of mid informed people, who are actually trying to educate themselves better about firearms.

If one wants facts about guns, the anti types are not a good source. I know that's shocking, as they do claim a lot of expertise. But try not to fall over in surprise.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:42 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
right because humans are so perfect to begin with. the problem with gun control laws is that you are trying to regulate a right not a privilege. and that right is spelled out in the constitution that recognizes a well regulated militia, while retaining the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, and it talks about NOT infringing on that right. read it sometime its fascinating. and while the constitution also says we have the right to travel freely, that only means the states cannot set up check points and force the people to show their papers, require travel permits, etc. it does not mean a horse in every stable, a car in every garage, etc.

you might want to learn the difference between a right and a privilege.
I agree if it's a right and not a privilege then guns should be sold anyplace just like milk and bread. No need for any license or permit like a drivers license. No need for training or qualifications, after all it's a right. Just let anybody who can fork over the cash walk out of the store with a gun, it's their right. No infringement here.

This would work because not only would all the criminals have guns but all the kids on the block would have them too.

Nothing would make me feel safer than knowing that every teenager has a gun after all they have shown us how safe they are at driving cars.

Old 09-14-2015, 10:58 AM

1,127 posts, read 1,274,419 times
I'll make all you anti gun folks a deal. You want my guns, you come get them- yourselves. Don't hide behind other people with guns and get them to do your dirty work. You come talk me out of them yourselves. No need for violence, I am a smart guy, and since you guys are so bright, I am quite sure you can convince me that I don't need them anymore and should give them to you. Failing that, why don't we all try just leaving one another alone, and living our lives. It escapes me why some people always need to try to tell others what to do. I want nothing to do with your lives, stay the hell out of mine. No need for a war...

Old 09-14-2015, 10:59 AM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
right because humans are so perfect to begin with. the problem with gun control laws is that you are trying to regulate a right not a privilege. and that right is spelled out in the constitution that recognizes a well regulated militia, while retaining the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms, and it talks about NOT infringing on that right. read it sometime its fascinating. and while the constitution also says we have the right to travel freely, that only means the states cannot set up check points and force the people to show their papers, require travel permits, etc. it does not mean a horse in every stable, a car in every garage, etc.

you might want to learn the difference between a right and a privilege.
Every right we have comes with some restriction, even the second amendment.

Airports are a perfect example, you can travel freely with the proper papers.

There are already some restrictions on gun ownership.

Old 09-14-2015, 01:07 PM

818 posts, read 1,016,745 times
Most of the problems with guns come from urban, govt. subsidized housing projects that are govt. built factories that breed criminal and gang behavior. Look at most major cities and you will find this problem.

Another fine example of liberal progressives causing a problematic situation and then blaming something conservative or different as the cause to deflect their erroneous logic and emotional tainted logic. False flag waving, blame the NRA. Too bad so many people believe nonsense instead of understand cause and effect.

Last edited by Know Nonsense; 09-14-2015 at 02:14 PM..

Old 09-14-2015, 01:57 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Every right we have comes with some restriction, even the second amendment.

Airports are a perfect example, you can travel freely with the proper papers.

There are already some restrictions on gun ownership.
But I can still travel freely via other means without government approval.

It is like saying certain guns must be registered to use a government gun range but you can use them anywhere else.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:32 PM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
But I can still travel freely via other means without government approval.

It is like saying certain guns must be registered to use a government gun range but you can use them anywhere else.
I would say it's more like private sales compared to FFL's, no approval for private sales not so for FFL's.

Old 09-14-2015, 07:34 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Well, let's have some fun with this one.

How can prohibition on abortion work when prohibition has failed one everything else?

Old 09-14-2015, 08:19 PM

29,505 posts, read 19,602,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Sane people do.

There is no need for any civilian to own those weapons of death.
So you prefer only criminals to have these weapons of death, and for U.S. law abiding citizens to be sent to slaughter, with no means of self defense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies