Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 04:59 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
A very small minority of Muslims 'commit' terrorism, but vast numbers of Muslims 'support' terrorism in the name of Islam.
Muslim Opinion Polls - Challenging the 'Tiny Minority of Extremists' Myth
Go into the weeds of these polls.

ICM reportedly polled 500 Muslims in the UK in 2007. There is no record of the questions polled or how polled.

The link to Pew a Research is a summary going back to 2004-6 and contradicts the sensational headline in the link.

The most common application of Sharia Is contract law.

A while back some media reported headlines along the lines of " Muslims in Dearborn Michigan Demand Sharia Law. Those willing to dig a tad deeper than the pay per click sensational headline, learned 1 man at a townhall meeting in Dearborn Michigan made the demand. The town trustees , headed by Muslims, had him removed.

Seems to me some people are challenged to distunguish between one and some and many and all. It's a cognitive thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 05:01 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Go into the weeds of these polls.

ICM reportedly polled 500 Muslims in the UK in 2007. There is no record of the questions polled or how polled.

The link to Pew a Research is a summary going back to 2004-6 and contradicts the sensational headline in the link.

The most common application of Sharia Is contract law.

A while back some media reported headlines along the lines of " Muslims in Dearborn Michigan Demand Sharia Law. Those willing to dig a tad deeper than the pay per click sensational headline, learned 1 man at a townhall meeting in Dearborn Michigan made the demand. The town trustees , headed by Muslims, had him removed.

Seems to me some people are challenged to distunguish between one and some and many and all. It's a cognitive thing.
The Dearborn thing cracked me up. Anyone that has spent any time in Dearborn knows that Sharia is the furthest thing from reality in that city.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:02 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Ho hum the same Islamaphobic topics by the same posters

Islam has a foothold in many areas due to trading, proselytization and war but this process largely ended over 200 years ago. Islam is not spreading by conversion but rather by increases in the population of Muslims - actually it is likely the opposite but I have yet to see any study on the subject. It is not spreading as a percent of population in China, India, Russia, Latam, Philippines or many other areas. Westerners are encountering it in many locations for the first time because of Globalization, Immigration and war in the Muslim world.

How exactly is Islam going to "take over"
War - no that is killing muslims faster than they are being replaced
Conversion - No - Where are the native Brits, French, Germans, Americans, Spanish, Italians, Koreans, etc converting en mass to Islam ?.
Becoming the Majority ? so there are 80 Million Germans; the Guardian says that Muslims are ~5% today and projected to be 7% by 2030. Say that is wrong and they are actually 10%. When will the breeding-based takeover occur ? At 30, 40 or 50 % ? At the current growth rate that would be hundreds of years - not exactly a topical issue and many things could happen before then (like running out of oil).

Some of you should really try getting out more; perhaps it would lead to greater understanding of the world around you, instead of crying on the Internet that the sky is falling.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
here are a few of my classic posts on this subject

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-his-wife.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...migration.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ate-world.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/islam...rue-islam.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ion-mecca.html

disgusting that no muslims speak out against it..

and how does Dubai survive as a district of excess in a world of muslim/extremist garbage!!!??? i want to know!!!

dubai funds muslim extremists.. period

they dont attack where their money comes from do they????

DUBAI/SAUDI ARABIA ETC... SOD IT ALL TO HELL

There are more than 40,000 Christian denominations in the U.S. Who speaks for all of them?

The pope attempts to represent Roman Catholics, the largest national and global brand of Christianity. He does not speak for all Roman Catholics, all Catholics and certainly not all Christians.

There is no equivelent of the pope in Islam. 30,000+/- ISIS certainly does not represent all Muslims and most Muslims do not live in the Middle East.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Assimilate?

NO WAY

they stand by in their little ghettos in Paris, London... etc... (I HAVE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES i was in London 2 weeks ago and saw it)

bow down and knock their heads at the right time on streets and DARE YOU TO WALK BY...

i am disgusted by the politicians caving to their every whim..

we're doomed if they stay in office
Careful. Dr Oz is going to get you.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
People DONT GET IT!!! - islam wants world domination
Every religion wants world domination. How do you think Christianity came to the Americas -with a knock on the door?

[]

Old 09-12-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I can't see stoning women to death because she was raped, hanging gays, honor killing your daughter for kissing a boy, beheading people, no alcohol, no bacon, no pork chops and women being forced to wear black tents catching on.

But hey, that's JMO.

On a side note, no WONDER they're always so angry and suicidal. What a miserable society!!
Same crap has been going on in most of the world, all along. Some cultures use religion to rationalize/ justify it.

In Uganda, a Christian country, they stone men who are suspected of being gay, to death. Women suspected of being lesbian get off easier. They are publicly raped to show them what they are missing.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:15 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Let's just say that you're right. What's the problem with that?

Your country is hellbent on world domination too. Is THAT ok?
Really can't argue with that logic. If it's meant to happen and we allow it to we definitely deserve it.

I guess I won't be reading about women's rights and gay marriage in Europe much longer.

Old 09-12-2015, 05:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Most of us get it. Seems like the Liberal Progressives either deny it or accept it as a way to change the US.

Liberals should be very concerned about Islam and Sharia law. They will not tolerate Gays, Trans, Women rights, They'll discriminate and not tolerant.

Why would progressives want what Islam demands?
With all due respect. Where do you people get this stuff?

Old 09-12-2015, 05:21 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
With all due respect. Where do you people get this stuff?
What, are you denying well known facts? What is your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies