Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 05:28 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,296,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I'm disappointed its not higher. That is roughly the number of people who actively supported the American Revolution. And as for fighters, it only took "three percent".

With that said, the military tends to be pretty "right-wing", so are the police. So I'm not too sure how the "battle lines" would unfold.

But really, we need to know who the real enemy is. And it isn't Obama. It is the internationalists. They are the poison which corrupts the entire world.
Obama and Bush are/for the internationalists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2015, 05:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times
In the end the question boils down to "Are you tired of our dysfunctional, lying, corrupt government" and obviously that number is getting larger all the time.

That's a good thing.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:22 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,540,439 times
If the alternative is to continue to watch Obama and the other enemies of our nation tear our country apart and destroy it at their leisure, while they laugh and boast about it, then a civil war or a military coup would certainly be far preferable.

If only it would happen starting today.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:28 AM

45,258 posts, read 26,514,970 times
Violent overthrow results in violent replacement government. I'd rather the fedguv collapse under its own weight and then we will get a window of freedom until the next gang takes over.
With all the propaganda and dumbed down worship of all things military, I'm not suprised the number isn't higher.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:29 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,919,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
*sigh*

Here is the question that was asked on the poll:

"Is there any situation in which you could imagine yourself supporting the U.S. military taking over the powers of federal government?"

Note that the question was not, "Do you support a military junta establishing a dictatorship and killing off all critics?"
Exactly, my answer to that question is yes.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:30 AM

10,835 posts, read 14,954,991 times
I can not see myself supporting a military coup under any circumstances.

Actually we're preparing for yet another coup which will happen in November, 2016 just a little over a year from now. Not sure who will win but I am hoping it will be Cruz or Trump and certainly not Hitlery, Blarmy Sanders or the squaw Wampum Lady out of Massachusetts.

Even though he doesn't see it our current idiot in the white house is only there because we allow him to be there. We are tolerating him for now and if enough people wanted him out he would be out tomorrow.

Think in terms of Nicolae Ceausescu when he was giving his last speech.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcRWiz1PhKU

Who would have guessed less than 24 hours later he would be a hunted communist running for his life?

Storming the gates of the white house?

We laugh at the thought of 10 people storming the gates of the white house, they would be stopped before they got 10 feet.

What about 100? 1,000? I would have to think at 1,000 it would become serious.

What do you suppose the occupants of the white house and their defenders would do if 100,000 people stormed the white house fence? If that wouldn't be enough what about half a million?

Would the secret service shoot 100,000 people on the white house grounds?

Old 09-13-2015, 06:30 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,698,674 times
Thumbs down This was not the question asked.

Author is Claire Landsbaum, a writer for Slate Magazine. (this should tell you enough)

She writes negative opinion articles against GOP while ignoring the same nonsense from Democrats.

Furthermore, this was the actual question asked. She totally mis-characterized what was asked and neglected to say say that 1 in 5 Democrats also answer yes as well as almost 1 in 3 independants.
Is there any situation in which you could imagine yourself supporting the US military taking over powers of federal goverment?
  • Total = 29%
  • Democrats = 20%
  • Independants 29%
It's typical hit job "journalism".

Old 09-13-2015, 06:43 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,132,803 times
The Second Amendment will come into play before a military coup would be likely. Most seem to forget that our military and police are made up of ordinary citizens.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:45 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Author is Claire Landsbaum, a writer for Slate Magazine. (this should tell you enough)

She writes negative opinion articles against GOP while ignoring the same nonsense from Democrats.

Furthermore, this was the actual question asked. She totally mis-characterized what was asked and neglected to say say that 1 in 5 Democrats also answer yes as well as almost 1 in 3 independants.
Is there any situation in which you could imagine yourself supporting the US military taking over powers of federal goverment?
  • Total = 29%
  • Democrats = 20%
  • Independants 29%
It is but it's interesting because she doesn't understand what is happening or hates what is happening but it's going to happen anyway.

I've not been able to vote for either the (R) or (D) candidate for years. I might actually get to this year, not so much because I think either are that great but there might be one or the other that is the protest vote.

If it's Trump vs Sanders, I'll vote Sanders. If it's Trump vs Clinton, I will vote Trump. If neither Trump or Sanders is on the ballot, it's Vermin Supreme again.

Old 09-13-2015, 06:47 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,588,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post

• Total = 29%
  • Democrats = 20%
  • Independants 29%
Yep, Slate's political articles are grossly one sided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies