Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2015, 06:41 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,597,616 times

Advertisements

What is this fascination with Jews? I seriously don't understand it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 06:07 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
Okay, so we're agreed that Israel preemptively attacked Egypt (whether justified or not).
Sure, why not. No need to re-write a Treaty. Egypt can have the Gaza Strip back right now and Egypt can attempt to create it's step to Statehood. Israel can close all the border gates into the Gaza Strip and cut all power lines. One less headache for Israel. And when the first rocket comes out of Gaza, that's war. Thus Israel can go back in again and re-take the entire Sinai. But this time around, Egypt gets all the Gazans.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:11 PM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
The Jews also don't understand it 4,000 years already.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:13 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
[font=&quot]Why Shouldn't Jews Have Their Own State - Humans Haven't Stopped Migrating
They already do.

[what's the issue here?]

Old 09-20-2015, 06:27 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Sure, why not. No need to re-write a Treaty. Egypt can have the Gaza Strip back right now and Egypt can attempt to create it's step to Statehood. Israel can close all the border gates into the Gaza Strip and cut all power lines. One less headache for Israel. And when the first rocket comes out of Gaza, that's war. Thus Israel can go back in again and re-take the entire Sinai. But this time around, Egypt gets all the Gazans.
Works for me.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:29 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drishmael View Post
.... The real question is, what is the legal status of the West Bank? Is it occupied or annexed? If it's the former, Israel's settlements are illegal; if it's the latter, Israel is an apartheid state.
Jordan attacked Israel. Jordan lost the war. Jordan can have back all their citizens since they named it the West Bank of the TransJordan River. After the the Peace Treaty with Jordan, Jordan gave up all land rights to the West Bank thus it is neither occupied or annexed. The region is known as Judea and Samaria and it all belongs to Israel. Thanks to the graciousness of Israel, any Arab that can show a deed of ownership dated before 1948 gets to keep that land and has the option of becoming a tax paying Israeli citizen. Others Arabs with clean backgrounds can also stay and become part of Israeli society or leave. Israel is not building settlements, it is building cities on deedless property.

Old 09-20-2015, 06:40 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,322,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Responding to Post 3, you left out Malaysia, Indonesia, Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco, all of which control vast swaths of unused land. All of whose leaders have fat Swiss bank accounts.
Arab and Muslim have different meanings. Even many of the countries on the map are not Arab. You can also be Arab and Christian.

Old 09-20-2015, 09:40 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
I started the thread. I am an American and a Jew and had a right to start the thread. What's your beef with that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
They already do.

[what's the issue here?]
The post is about efforts to delegitimize Israel. Also it's about efforts to uniquely strip Israel of the right to hold conquered land after the aggressors lose a war. And about hypocrisy of those who old Israel to impossible standards while holding countries such as Russia or China to no standards at all. I.e. they seize land, e.g. Crimea or Tibet, because they can. When are the Russians going to return the Kurile Islands to Japan? Or Kaliningrad (Danzig) to Poland?

Old 09-20-2015, 11:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
Wow!!! How special

Well look what they did with that land. Forests and farming in the desert.

How's that working out for the rest of the Middle East?
Lol...am I supposed to be impressed? Israel is the only country in the Middle East with cultivated land and everyone else is starving?

SIGH...stop it. You're being silly.

Old 09-20-2015, 11:47 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Who believes a person who says I'm not anti-Semitic, I'm anti-Israel? I sure as hell don't.
I sure as hell say it and don't see any valid necessary connection between the two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies