Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2015, 01:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

guns will protect you from the first assault which is physical. they will not protect you from the 2nd assault, that is done with an attorney personal injury suit. sadly personal injury suits are legal to file even when the injury occurred in the commission of a violent crime.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:58 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That's not the point of the thread is it?

Once we can agree that banning guns is the right thing to do, then we can proceed to the How.
In other words you want to support a policy without having to publicly state the Stalinist tactics that will be required to carry it out.

The perfect Progressive.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:59 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
It's a good thing this kid had and knew how to use a gun.

This is why you need to teach your children to shoot!

Andrew Allegro
11 YR OLD SHOOTS ILLEGALS thanks FOX NEWS for reporting it. BUTTE , MONTANA Shotgun preteen vs. Illegal alien Home Invaders...Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11-year-old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home. It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay-shooting champion since she was nine.Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front door of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12-gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun. Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year-old's knee-crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the ...street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive. It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45-caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David 0'Burien, was not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.Ever wonder why good stuff never makes NBC, CBS, PBS, MSNBC, CNN, or ABC news........? An 11 year old girl, properly trained, defended her home, and herself......against two murderous, illegal immigrants.......and she wins. She is still alive. Now THAT is Gun Control!Thought for the day.... Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist.'I like this kind of e-mail! American citizens defending themselves and their homes. BEING A TRUE AMERICAN, I THINK YOU'LL PASS THIS ON!

A great story. I encourage all parents to teach their kids the proper protocol, and safe handling of firearms. I've started with my 12 year old, and will continue to emphasize it when the opportunities present themself.

Of course to the gun grabbers....b-b-but it's just a tv.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:05 PM

1,589 posts, read 1,184,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
It's not semantics, guns are not guaranteed lethal, feather dusters are not guaranteed non-lethal.
Of course, it's semantics. You violate the central meaning of words and think it's clever? Then you violate the meaning of to have meaning. Belly-button contemplation would cleave to a higher standard.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I never had a point...you had the point that said they just disregard the "well-regulated militia" and you CANNOT prove that...
The lack of necessary evidence of regard proves an act of disregard. The proof that a fire did not recently occur at a spot in a field is proven by an absence of ash and other carbon deposits in undisturbed soil.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Yes, I seen the word "if", but I just figured that word meant every person who owns a guns since you continue to put everyone who own a gun in that same bowl no matter what the out come is...
You should instead have figured that it meant even in giving you every possible extra reckless split-second oif time, you are STILL going to get blown away by an armed intruder realizing you are about to pull a gun on him. Same thing a cop would do. And it would be your own fault either way.

Quote:
Every thing you provided to prove your point, people were throwing guns, or doing quick draw, or people left guns in areas they should not have been left in without properly providing guidance to their children....
What?

Quote:
SO, lets do some math, since you are so great at math....Lets take your 30,000 who are killed yearly and time that by 4....that's 120,000, right? Now lets take the amount of guns in the United States, this is from a link you'll like (Daily caller) Gun Ownership By The Numbers | The Daily Caller. That's a 0.0004% chance you'll get shot if you have a gun in your house...You do like math, right....
I'm certainly familiar with math, but that was not an example of it.

Quote:
So what should people do? Call the cops?
If you would like to survive, the best course of action is to retreat, exiting the premises if possible, at which point you should run to a neighbor's and call 911.

Quote:
The SC states cops do not have a constitutional right to protect you, so says the Supreme Court:
That's redundant, and everyone knows that in any case. All it means that if you get mugged, you can't sue the city for failure to protect you from muggers. Cops and other personnel do of course respond to 911 calls.

Quote:
I know, facts SUCK....
Speak for yourself, dude...

Old 09-23-2015, 02:29 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
You should instead have figured that it meant even in giving you every possible extra reckless split-second oif time, you are STILL going to get blown away by an armed intruder realizing you are about to pull a gun on him. Same thing a cop would do. And it would be your own fault either way.

What?

I'm certainly familiar with math, but that was not an example of it.

If you would like to survive, the best course of action is to retreat, exiting the permisis if possiob;e, at which point you run to a neighbor's and call 911.

That's redundant, and everyone knows that in any case. All it means that if you get mugged, you can't sue the city for failure to protect you from muggers. Cops and other personnel do of course respond to 911 calls.

Speak for yourself, dude...
I bet you are a big fan of rape whistles?

The average response time to 911 in this country is over 11 minutes. What do you think can happen in 11 minutes?

Old 09-23-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And you just showed what a hypocrite you are with this statement! You say you want harm reduction, and then post something like that? LOL! You aren't fooling anyone! Harm reduction my a**! Why do leftists always resort to violence when then they don't get their way?
It's the state/civil authorities that will resort to violence if you refuse peaceably to comply with its laws. "Leftists" will have nothing to do with it. A few might attend your funeral, I suppose.

Old 09-23-2015, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Anyone? Keep in mind the millions that have no serial number.
Talking to yourself?

Old 09-23-2015, 02:43 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That's not the point of the thread is it?

Once we can agree that banning guns is the right thing to do, then we can proceed to the How.
And that's not the point of the thread either.

How are you going to get anyone to agree with anything that foolish. Do you want everyone to also quit driving, using power tools and other non-sense about man's creations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies