Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 04:55 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejackalope View Post
A sheriff's deputy got murdered pumping gas. Your gun can protect you if you have time to prepare, but not if you're ambushed
Given that information how many police officers do you think are going to stop carrying their handguns? I mean, one officer was ambushed and shot so why even bother right?

Old 09-14-2015, 04:57 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
NORTH HARRIS COUNTY -- Deputies say a father shot and killed a suspect after he tried to force his way into the family's garage.

The incident in the 800 block of Sun Prairie Drive started when the homeowner caught the man smashing his car windows, according to Harris County deputies. When the victim asked the man to stop, the man came after him and tries to enter his garage. The victim tried to close his garage door, but the suspect hit it and the door went back up.

"The homeowner went and got his gun," said Sgt. Felipe Rivera of the Harris County Sheriff's Office. "When [the suspect] kept coming at him in an aggressive manner, he discharged his gun at him."

Deputies: Homeowner shoots intruder in NW Harris County

A resident opened fire on an intruder Thursday morning, critically wounding the man inside his home, Dallas police say.

Homeowner Shoots, Critically Wounds Intruder: Dallas Police | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

A 22-year-old Detroit man is dead after he failed to stop attempting to break in an Ohio home with metal bars on the windows. He was subsequently shot and killed by the female homeowner.

Armed Female Homeowner Shoots and Kills Persistent Intruder -

COLUMBUS, Ohio (WCMH) — Police say a man is dead after he tried to break into a home and the homeowner shot him.

William Evans IV 23, is the man who died in this shooting, on South Hampton Road on the northeast side. The homeowner allegedly called 911 to report she shot and killed Evans. Police are questioning her.

Homeowner shoots and kills alleged intruder | NBC4i.com

This goes on and on and on...............
Yes, these examples are legion, but don't expect that to sway the gun-grabbers, especially the anti-gun groups. You see, there's another problem where a lot of them are concerned: killing a perp, even in self-defense, is anathema to them because the perp is being denied due process. To which I say, tough buns.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:58 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,085,935 times
The likelihood of someone breaking into your home to harm you is small, however it still happens. Probably less than 5% chance, unless you are into doing something illegal.

But, if it does happen, what are your chances of not getting hurt or killed if you are unarmed, versus the odds, if you are? And a gun can be properly secured and in a way that it can still be easily accessed by the right person who is properly trained to use it.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:01 PM

The #1 rule for a gunfight is "bring a gun", I don't intend on ever being caught in a gunfight without a gun. I'll take my chances with the risks involved in that but I'll never be stuck with my hands up while some POS thug is pointing a weapon at me.

Old 09-14-2015, 05:16 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
NORTH HARRIS COUNTY -- Deputies say a father shot and killed a suspect after he tried to force his way into the family's garage.

Armed Female Homeowner Shoots and Kills Persistent Intruder -

William Evans IV 23, is the man who died in this shooting, on South Hampton Road on the northeast side. The homeowner allegedly called 911 to report she shot and killed Evans. Police are questioning her.

Homeowner shoots and kills alleged intruder | NBC4i.com

This goes on and on and on...............
Where was William Evans III?

^^^^ it is a simple fact that disarming the population is the prerequisite to total control. It is always the first thing EVERY corrupt government (Nazis, Bolsheviks, Chinese Communists, Viet Namese Communists, North Korea...etc.) does.

FACTS
1911 – Turkey disarmed it's citizens, and between 1915 – 1917 they murdered 1.5 million Armenians. 1929 – Russia disarmed it's citizens, and between 1929 – 1953 they murdered 20 million Russians. 1935 – China disarmed it's citizens, and between 1948 – 1952 they murdered 20 million Chinese.

When a progressive says they do not want to disarm people, they only want gun registration, THEY ARE LYING! We already have gun registration, and still the banning of weapons grows. At some point they'll simply say that there are so few legal weapons that we should just ban them all.

WE have allowed them to slowly dismantle the Constitution and water down our Bill of Rights. Certain states are actively confiscating weapons from law abiding citizens.

THAT IS THE TRUTH
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The #1 rule for a gunfight is "bring a gun", I don't intend on ever being caught in a gunfight without a gun. I'll take my chances with the risks involved in that but I'll never be stuck with my hands up while some POS thug is pointing a weapon at me.
You might believe that. All you need is to have someone with a mind for revenge and they can have your weapon(s) confiscated (and most probably destroyed)with ease.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Nice deflection, but that's not the debate, is it. So let's get back to the question. "Can gun ownership protect you? "

Clearly the answer is "YES".
It can protect you, however you are statistically more likely to be a victim or cause of gun accidents. No way around getting it.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You might believe that. All you need is to have someone with a mind for revenge and they can have your weapon(s) confiscated (and most probably destroyed)with ease.
I've already lost them all in a horrible boating accident.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
It can protect you, however you are statistically more likely to be a victim or cause of gun accidents. No way around getting it.
Not really.

Old 09-14-2015, 06:19 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Not really.
Yep. The mere fact of owning gun makes you more likely to have or cause an accident than someone without a gun. It's pretty simple logic.....

Old 09-14-2015, 06:43 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,330,678 times
Quote:
Nice deflection, but that's not the debate, is it. So let's get back to the question. "Can gun ownership protect you? "

Clearly the answer is "YES".
Wrong! - the answer is "yes - and it can also kill you".

Gun ownership is a double-edged sword. Your gun can be your friend or your enemy if it falls into the wrong hands (which actually happens a lot) or you miss-use it (which also happens a lot). I believe that Americans' have a right to own "reasonable" guns - but I'm not stupid enough to think that it's always a GOOD IDEA.

The sad fact is that there are wayyyyyy too many gun owners who want the RIGHT to own a gun, but can't be bothered with the RESPONSIBILITY that comes with owning a gun.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 09-14-2015 at 06:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies