Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 11:47 PM

580 posts, read 449,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
I say just get rid of all health and financial incentives for being maŕried. Marriage shouldnt be driven by finances and politics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
you're obviously single.
Quote:
Nope. Married with 2 kids . I can live within my means.
HEY EVERYBODY! I FOUND THE ONE RIGHT-WINGER WHO DOESN'T THINK HE PAYS ENOUGH IN TAXES TO THE GOV'T.

...and it only took two people of the same sex, who love each other, to do it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2015, 12:08 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Civil, contract, license. It does matter. Answer the question. What religion condones same sex marriage. NONE.
You're a lucky guy, because your horizons are about to be widened.

Quote:
Marriage has always been religious based.
Nope.

Quote:
Now, we, the majority, need to get rid of all benefits associate with their sick twisted non productive for humanity lifestyles.
Your information is out of date. The majority is just fine with gay marriage.

Quote:
I am not tolerant of them,
Unless you're gay, gay marriage does not affect you one bit.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:02 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tujuleez1 View Post
The double standard was some people could marry the person they loved and some couldn't. Those who rejected same-sex marriage claimed it was perfectly acceptable to deny the rights of others to marry. But all along, from a Constitutional standpoint, it was not. The Supreme Court ruling eliminated the double standard.

As far as work, if you go to apply for a job but your religion prevents you from doing that job, either find a new religion or find a new job. You have no right to force your religion down the throat of your employer.

The Founding Fathers were all about religious freedom. They wanted freedom from being forced to practice the religion of the majority. It's in the Constitution. There is nothing there that says the United States is a christian nation.

But now we have religious bigots trying to take the term "religious freedom" to mean christians have the freedom to do whatever they want, including deny citizens of this country their Constitutional rights.

Well, they don't.

The Constitution clearly makes marriage a state issue.

Your understanding of the Constitution is divorced from reality.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Well, it's certainly one of the things that most marriages include.

But you missed my point. The point is that there are only two legal participants in a formal marriage, and the person who issues the marriage license is not one of them. At least IME.

Marriage is a public act.

Since when do public acts only involve two people?

Old 09-20-2015, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The SCOTUS does not rule based on religion or religious beliefs, they rule based on the constitution.

I don't care what your, or any other, religion thinks. I care about citizens being treated equally by the government. If you have a problem with that, then go get the constitution amended to remove the 14th amendment.

Good luck with that.

Marriage is a Tenth Amendment matter.

There is no provision in the Constitution for the federal government to get involved with state marriage laws.

As for that 14th amendment BS, you`ll get arrested in Kansas for having a bag of weed even though it`s legal in Colorado.

The states make state laws and you cannot use the 14th amendment to force the application of one state`s laws on another.

Old 09-20-2015, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But, really, momonkey, please do tell us just what business is it of yours when two men or two women get naked with each other and have sex, whether they're married, or not? I don't have a problem with homosexuality, because I know without a doubt what they do for consensual sex is very, very, much none of my business. It's also none of my business how straight couples want to indulge in sex as well.

Who said I care what homosexuals do in their private lives?

Marriage is a public act.

The meaning of the word marriage has been changed by the state for the purpose of encouraging some thoughts and discouraging others.

Same-sex marriage is a government invention that forces an association between married heterosexuals and homosexuals who may now marry and claim to be essentially the same as heterosexuals.

So did you want what two men or two women do to be a private matter which is none of my business or did you want to get the state involved making it very much my business?

Old 09-20-2015, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
Check any poll over the last 3 years, Einstein. More Heterosexuals are in favor of ssm than there are gay people...

Polls repeal acts of the people?

Old 09-20-2015, 06:42 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Marriage is a Tenth Amendment matter.

There is no provision in the Constitution for the federal government to get involved with state marriage laws.

As for that 14th amendment BS, you`ll get arrested in Kansas for having a bag of weed even though it`s legal in Colorado.

The states make state laws and you cannot use the 14th amendment to force the application of one state`s laws on another.
Well, maybe you should tell that to the supreme court who have ruled on marriage issues several times based on the 14th. I'm sure they will appreciate your superior constitutional knowledge.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:00 AM

773 posts, read 785,771 times
Quote:
Civil, contract, license. It does matter. Answer the question. What religion condones same sex marriage. NONE.
Marriage has always been religious based. SCOTUS just ruled on law that was presented to them. Nothing more. And you it was a BS ruling, and very bipartisan as well as emotional as a couple on the scotus are gay...They did not vote blindly. Because if they did, they would have all voted the same, not politically.. That shows without a doubt they arent reading the law the same way. Regardless, the minority of people won a key case for their lifestyle choices. Now, we, the majority, need to get rid of all benefits associate with their sick twisted non productive for humanity lifestyles. I am not tolerant of them, as they are a sick group of people, having sex with the same gender. Sick, grotesque, not love, just sexual deviancy. Been pushed on us since early 80's, its nothing more than an immoral lifestyle conducive to family traditions.
When you judge others, you do not define them. You define yourself.

Old 09-20-2015, 07:11 AM

4,798 posts, read 3,506,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The SCOTUS does not rule based on religion or religious beliefs, they rule based on the constitution.

I don't care what your, or any other, religion thinks. I care about citizens being treated equally by the government. If you have a problem with that, then go get the constitution amended to remove the 14th amendment.

Good luck with that.
Put down the meds brother. This was tottaly based on emotion. Constitutional law was not adhered to as noted by the lead scotus member..Roberts.
It opened precedent for many emotionally driven topics now..Pandoras box is now open. Just wait till the other freaks come out and use this to get their agenda driven sexual deviancy approved. Pedophiles, for example are already starting. Its legal to marry down to the age of 14 in some states, why not marry that little boy you have been salivating over, you know, the one you LOVE.
Treating equally, YHGTBSM.. We are not and never will be treated equally. The law shows that time time again.. Look at Hillary, she illegally set up server for her business within the US Government. No indictment, nothing as she is not equal to you or I. If I did this in the government, I would be in jail...Because it is illegal..
So many examples of people not being equal. You need to really sit back and look at the USA We are a Constitutional Republic that is not a country of law anymore. Its a country of lawyers whoring themselves out to the highest bidder. And the highest bidder is , in this case, the homosexuals. I bet if you tracked money down it ended up in politicians and SCOTUS private bank accounts somewhere off the coast...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies