Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 11:28 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You keep on bringing his name, and religion up in your replies to me even though I have not mentioned either even once.
I'm posting my contempt in this thread for SJW's, you keep responding to me, you engaged me. If you do not want to discuss in the same context as me, stop replying to my post.

I bring up a point, someone counters, you jump in responding to me, then you say I'm not talking about that.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
I'm posting my contempt in this thread for SJW's, you keep responding to me, you engaged me. If you do not want to discuss in the same context as me, stop replying to my post.

I bring up a point, someone counters, you jump in responding to me, then you say I'm not talking about that.
Why the reluctance to actually discuss what we know factually happened?

Old 09-16-2015, 11:39 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
We don't really know what factually happened. The news reports are sensationalized and sketchy on details.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:39 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,605 times
Quote:

WTF part do you think I'm reluctant to talk about? You mean why he was handcuffed and arrested? I'm sorry, there is nowhere near enough information to speculate and as I emphasized on the last post on this topic, it would be stupid to speculate why he was handcuffed. No one knows what went into that decision.

Old 09-16-2015, 11:40 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,608,601 times
This is what zero tolerance looks like.

In this day and age, no one in his circle of family or friends said to him "Wow, that kinda looks like a bomb, you might not want to carry that into a school without warning."

Old 09-17-2015, 12:03 AM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
As a former principal, based on what information we have, I think the school acted wisely in certain aspects, but apparently very unwisely in others. I think back to a time when we had a bomb scare at our school. We knew that it was highly unlikely that there was a bomb, but you don't take any chances with the lives of 800 kids. The police and fire department arrived and asked me to join in the search, particularly in the more odd places in our building that they may not readily find. It just so happened that I knew of a crawl space behind the boiler that might very well be missed. And there it was -- a pipe bomb. So I immediately summoned the police, and they just laughed. "No, Mr. L----, that's not what a pipe bomb looks like. But, good effort." Similarly, with this school, the average person doesn't know what could trigger (for example) some plastic explosives. School officials wouldn't know if the device could trigger some unattached explosive kept elsewhere. So, I think they did the right thing by calling in the experts. But, based on what we know, that was about the end of their correct actions. If they really thought it might be a bomb, there could be others. Why didn't they evacuate the building? That makes no sense. Why have they suspended the student UNLESS (and we don't know this) he claimed to someone it was a bomb, or that it actually was a bomb. I cannot imagine a student code of conduct that would include suspensions for electronic devices that are not dangerous.

And then there's the police actions. Despite what some think, the school district may not have been required to have the parents come and be there for an interrogation. For example, in our system, if the parents were readily available, they were to be contacted and provided with such an opportunity. Otherwise, a school official could observe a police interrogation. Since there was no bomb, I can't see the justification for handcuffing and arresting the student, UNLESS he had told people it was a bomb. Again, we don't know.

So again, based only on what we actually know, I think some actions by the school officials and the police were appropriate, but other actions were not.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
We don't really know what factually happened. The news reports are sensationalized and sketchy on details.
Yes we do. The idiots hauled off a nerdy 14 year old in handcuffs for making a clock and its going to cost them big time.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:35 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Damn if you, damn if you DON'T. I'm talking about the principal and cops here. Bad to say; having a "Muslim" name IS asking for trouble in 2015. Period.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:39 AM

137 posts, read 125,734 times
Interesting thing is innocent kid this handcuffed, while white kid carrying actual bomb goes unnoticed.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Damn if you, damn if you DON'T. I'm talking about the principal and cops here. Bad to say; having a "Muslim" name IS asking for trouble in 2015. Period.
Nobody is going to get mad if the kid isn't hauled off in handcuffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies