Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2015, 12:27 PM

594 posts, read 345,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Cruz was correct about the Iran Deal - if fact, it was his best moment in the Debate. Kasich & Paul both sounded like TeamObama pundits on Iran. One of them mentioned "snap back sanctions" -- there are NO "snap back sanctions" and there is NO verification when Iran gets to "inspect" themselves and then present a report. That's a MAJOR fail for both of them. Rand Paul is an isolationist - he revealed that last night. I would love to be an isolationist myself - BUT history shows and common sense ought to show ...... it not only doesn't work, it's Dangerous.
There will never be any snap back of UN sanctions if Russia or China have any vote on the matter, that much is certain.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:32 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
what I find mind boggling is that most of the candidates on stage like Jeb Bush are on record they WON'T ENFORCE U.S. LAWS if elected President and while they took an oath by saying the U.S. CAN'T DEPORT 11 million foreigners in this country who refuses to obey our laws even though our LAWS clearly demands deportation....Jeb is saying to the world, come on down and break our laws if I'm president, I don't have the time or the money to enforce our laws on immigration.

What kind of a candidate waives the white flag on our laws and tells the world we can't enforce our laws?

Trump is right and he has the LAW on his side to DEPORT any illegal immigrant on U.S. SOIL. Maybe he won't get all of them because this mess is decades in the making but he will start bringing that number down and finally secure the border.

If Trump can bring down the illegal immigration by 35% on his first term, that is a SUCCESS!!! 1 STEP at a time.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:39 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,227,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what I find mind boggling is that most of the candidates on stage like Jeb Bush are on record they WON'T ENFORCE U.S. LAWS if elected President and while they took an oath by saying the U.S. CAN'T DEPORT 11 million foreigners in this country who refuses to obey our laws even though our LAWS clearly demands deportation....Jeb is saying to the world, come on down and break our laws if I'm president, I don't have the time or the money to enforce our laws on immigration.

What kind of a candidate waives the white flag on our laws and tells the world we can't enforce our laws?

Trump is right and he has the LAW on his side to DEPORT any illegal immigrant on U.S. SOIL. Maybe he won't get all of them because this mess is decades in the making but he will start bringing that number down and finally secure the border.

If Trump can bring down the illegal immigration by 35% on his first term, that is a SUCCESS!!! 1 STEP at a time.
I know. What is with the 'I can't' and these politicians? Trump wants to enforce the laws on the book and he's considered a bigot?

Just be grateful Trump brought this to the forefront; Mexican immigrants were supposed to be Jeb's Ace in the hole this election cycle. I notice he has absolutely nothing to stand on without that and comes across quite awkward about the illegal immigration issue.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:54 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
really, Jeb Bush and the Republican establishment like the Democrat party are saying WE CAN'T AND REFUSE to enforce the laws in the books.

They say Trump can't deport 11 million illegals when the LAW already in the books demands that.....Trump has the law on his side but Jeb and other republicans call Trump extremist and his plan unrealistic.

U.S. citizens are demanded to obey U.S. laws but foreigners are not? please......any candidate that refuses to enforce our laws in the books should quit the race right now and Jeb is the first one of that group.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:02 PM

32,021 posts, read 36,777,542 times
The RINO's (Hugh Hewitt, Erick Erickson, just about everybody at Fox, etc.) can't stand it that Trump won't bow to political correctness.

The man calls it like it is. He's made plenty of money and doesn't have to kow tow to any of these alleged "kingmakers."

Old 09-17-2015, 01:13 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
How does Trump have any chance of being elected president? He's completely alienated women and Hispanics, two very important voting blocs. He has no chance at all in a general election.
Maybe he has a slight chance. He has angry white males and voters from the South who don't believe in evolution or climate change.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:16 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I think one of Bush's weakest moments--and there were many--is when he pretty much admitted that his administration would employ all the same advisers that his father's and brother's had, because according to him, there are no other advisers out there.

If anyone had a belief that a Jeb! presidency would look any different than a W presidency, they should rest assured, by this response, that it would not.
That's not what he said - what he said was that essentially ALL of the GOP Candidates would be using "advisors" from either his Dad's Administration OR his Brother's Administration ...... because the "advisor's" (GOP political experts) are going to come from past GOP Administrations & Think Tanks. I feel pretty confident that Nixon and Ike's "advisors" are long dead. Some of Reagan's people are still around.

Obama's Administration is filled with ex-Clinton people and his inner circle (know-nothings) from Chicago. This is sorta Politics 101 ...... it's also pretty much a problem with Washington D.C. in general. It's takes a strong leader to listen to the advisors and then to be able to separate the Wheat from the Chaff. It requires not just an Open Mind, but an Inquiring Mind. Obama's problem is that his Mind is neither Open nor Inquiring. He thinks he knows more than EVERYBODY about EVERYTHING. He exists in a Group Think Bubble.

Trump and all the rest will be drawing from the same pool as Jeb.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:17 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
President Donald Trump. Sounds pretty good.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:22 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,447,778 times
This was the first debate where Trump didn't come out looking like the strongman on top. He took a lot of pummeling and was on the defensive more than any other debate.

Will be interesting to see how America reacts to his past and likely continued future personal attacks. Here's the thing: Trump is fundamentally a bombastic bully and a showman. He makes wildly exaggerated claims and attacks people; that's his thing. Being a bully is great for short-term attention, but it tends not to wear well in the long run. If he's going to make it in the long run, there had better be a lot more policy substance to match that bullying tendency...otherwise, I don't see it. That's the picture this debate started to open up.

Old 09-17-2015, 01:22 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,275,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
You mean the state with the second highest population and gdp? Yea who needs 'em.
And the state in the top tier for taking federal aid? And in the top tier in failing women for access to care? I sure don't "need em!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies